What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/11/16 5:17 am, edited 4/10/16 10:16 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to Shel Silverstein!  I read my copy of Where the Sidewalk Ends so many times the binding just fell apart.

GinaTx
on 4/11/16 5:17 am

Morning Y'all,  I bet it is nice to have someone in your life who understands about our life after surgery.  Even the most supportive can't really understand.  AV glad you had some good happen this weekend in the midst of sadness.  I have always been an avid reader (my whole family is) so it's hard to say my favorite but maybe Pippi Longstockings?  I absolutely loved her.

B-premier protein

s-cheese and banana

l-hamburger patty

s-yogurt

d-?

AngryViking
on 4/11/16 5:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Pippi Longstocking!  That's a great one!

Nicole K.
on 4/11/16 5:31 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Good morning, all! Insomnia strikes on the West coast. Grim and JB, I know I'm new here, but I thought you guys were a couple when I first started lurking, shows you what I know. Congratulations!

QOTD: Without a doubt, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is my favorite children's  book.

Meals....been craving a burger, MAYBE

B: Egg salad

L: Burger or tomato soup with protein powder

S: Buffalo mozzarella

D: Meat or soup

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Deanna798
on 4/11/16 8:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

If your just trying hamburger,  try to stickstick with a fattier meat (is that even a word?) Early out I had a hard time with lean ground meat, but 80/20 worked pretty well. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

peachpie
on 4/11/16 5:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

That's a great article about your friend AV! I'm glad you got to spend time with people who knew & loved him.

QOTD- I should pass on this one. Shameful secret about me... I don't read. Of course I read what they made me in school- but that's about it. My favorite school forced reading- Lord of the Flies. Outside of that- nothing. 

Time since surgery: 11 months

M1: 1/2c egg beaters, 2oz salami, 1 slice cheese

M2: banana/cheese stick

M3: 2oz tuna, salad & two boiled eggs

M4: either left over chili or baked chicken parm. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Capogirl
on 4/11/16 5:46 am

Not passing judgement as there are certainly many things I do not like to do.  I can't imagine not being a reader, my husband and my oldest daughter both do not like to read for pleasure.   My younger daughter takes after me, we both love to read.

melissasue1982
on 4/11/16 6:05 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I also had a hard time with reading in school, so I only read what they MADE me read also! 

I love reading now, but back them...nope nope nope

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

life_mirrors_art
on 4/11/16 5:35 am - Canada

Good morning!

QOTD: We had an amazing set of books called The Red Books that had stories about children from all over the world from the child's perspective, and also had a volume on international myths and legends. The books were beautifully illustrated and even now I think about some of those stories.

Food today will be an all-ham buffet with yogurt and a hardboiled egg as snacks. I froze 3/4 of the ham, but still have plenty to see me through until tomorrow.

Calories-750, protein-118

Congratulations JB and Grim - you look very happy!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Capogirl
on 4/11/16 5:39 am

Good morning,

It's opening day for the Red Sox here and it's 43 degrees and raining.  How appropriate!

QOTD:  Favorite Childrens Book.  Well, I absolutely adore all Robert Munschs books, especially "Love you Forever", but my second favorite Musch would be "Stepanie's Ponlytail", this book is hilarious and I enjoyed every time I read to my two daughters.  I also have a wonderful book from Johanna Cole and somebody else full of poems, folk tales and short stories that I absolutely loved reading to the girls and another book called "The Rainbabies".  As someone who went to school to be a kindergarten teacher (but dropped out after 2-1/2 years) childrens literature has alway been a favorite.

Time since surgery: 11+ mos.

B:  1 slice whole wheat toast w/cottage cheese & cinnamon

S:  Muscle Milk 100

L:  Turkey, Ham, Provolone rollups

D:  Chili

S:  Yasso bar

Cals:  838  Protein:  79, Carbs 77 (UGH!) Fat: 27

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views