What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 4/11/16 1:14 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I was/am an avid reader. I used to walk to the library with my Grandma and check out books and devour them over the weekend while I was at her house. I remember reading all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie series, and Little Women. Too many books to recall. But I had (still do) a 4 volume collection of all the classic stories and I vividly remember my Mom reading me the Brer Rabbit story by Uncle Remus because she did all the voices. I later read it in a storytelling speech tournament and placed in the top 3. The other book I loved was I think called "The Monster at the End of this book." It was a Sesame Street book I think. I have shelves and shelves of books from my kids, but they are now 22 and don't even live at home anymore. 

I never post my menu, but I should since I know it helped me to read all of your posts. So here goes.

B: Premier protrin, chocolate of course

L: Grilled shrimp skewer, a little salad, and a few carrots

D: Chick fil a grilled nuggets, kids meal size fruit cup

S: laughing cow swiss cheese light 1 wedge

Have a great day.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

leseratte
on 4/11/16 4:13 pm - Kingston, ON,, Canada

So sorry for you loss.

I loved reading "The very hungry caterpillar"....

Maybe I was just jealous, it could eat and eat and eat and the next thing you know, it is a beautiful butterfly!!!!

Guess what: I ate and ate and ate and did I become a butterfly?????

RNY 03/02/2016

In Pounds: HW 296, SW 292, M1:-34, M2:-8, M3:-13, M4:-16, M5:-12, M6:-11, M7:-9, M8:-8, M9:-5, M10:-4

Pokemom
on 4/12/16 10:56 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I know I am posting a day late, and AV--you are probably the only one who will see this post, but I must post because my suggestion became QOTD!!

We had just returned from Spring Break, and I had a medical procedure early this morning that will keep me down a few days, so yesterday (Monday) was a day chock-full of all kinds of must-do's.  I started to do a little OH, and then had to go.

AV, I read the write up on your friend, and I am sorry for his untimely death.  There is so much goodness in the human family, in just ordinary people who are extraordinary in their kindness and giving to those around them.  Reading the article on Mark reminded me of that, and I am glad you shared his memory with all of us.

Regarding books!  I love children's books.  It is one of my little dreams to become an author--masters degree in creative writing--but sidetracked by the work of my family's needs.

As a child, I loved so many books.  Favorites:

--CDB

--Nothing Ever Happens on My Street (Ellen Raskin)

--The Dark is Rising Series (Susan Cooper)

As an adult, reading to my children, I have also loved so many books that it is hard to limit the list.  Here are a few standouts for me:

--The Clown of God (by Tomie DePaola--such a lovely retelling of this old folk tale)

--Clap Hands, Tickle Tickle, All Fall Down, Say Goodnight (series of baby board books by Helen Oxenbury--possibly the best baby books on earth, IMO)

--The Martha and George series (by James Marshall--simple understated hilarity)

--Sing Me a Story (by Heather Forest--a CD of her storytelling/singing stories--wonderful, especially the tongue-click noises on the Three Billy Goats Gruff, that got even my 9-mos baby clicking along to the story!)

--Of course, the Harry Potter series, which never gets old to me, and also the audio version narrated by Jim Dale is exceptional

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?