What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/11/16 5:06 am, edited 4/11/16 5:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  How was everyone's weekend?  Mine was awful and wonderful and everything in between.  Here's a little piece from the Buffalo News about my dear friend.  He really was a great man and I still can't believe he's gone.    Mark

OK, moving forward...  QOTD!  As suggested by Pokemom, what's your favorite children's book?  Like, a book that you loved when you were a kid.  I have so many.  SO MANY.  LOL  However, the one that stands out the most is actually a single volume of a children's encyclopedia printed in the 1950s called Childcraft.  It used to belong to my mother and this particular volume (2, I think) had folk tales and poems and the illustrations were so beautiful.  I can still recite a few of the poems to this day.  I wonder if my Dad still has the book.  Probably.  He doesn't get rid of anything.  HA!

Obvs, my food/drink intake these last few days has been sub-par at best.  I've not necessarily been eating crap, just not eating enough.  And drinking too much.  So, for as bare as my cupboard is, I begin anew today with an OK menu.  I need to grocery shop.  LOL

Time since surgery:  20+ months

B:  FF ricotta with SF triple berry preserves and 6 cinnamon raisin bagel chips

S:  2 reduced fat cheese sticks

L:  ham salad on whole grain toast

D: grilled chicken breast with a slice of sharp cheddar melted on top

TOTALS:  Cals:  925  Protein:  91  Carbs:  62  Fat:  37

Have a great day!

Queen JB
on 4/11/16 5:10 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning everyone. Grim and I decided to hijack this thread a little today and make an announcement! As I am sure you can all figure out from reading his posts, Grim is a pretty great guy--smart, funny, kind and generous. And somehow I am lucky enough to be dating him in real life! Here are a few pics from our recent adventures together.

Also, an added benefit from dating Grim...? I am dropping weight like it's my job. I'm 2 pounds away from the low goal that my surgeon told me it would take another year to reach. So if you are in a stall, I suggest dropping your current SO and start dating a fellow Bypasser ;) #datingaham

B: Fit Frappe Espresso

S: almonds and cheese stick

L: leftover ½ cheeseburger

S: hb egg

D: ??

Fav Children's Books: Where the Wild Things Are, Corduroy & Charlotte's Web!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 4/11/16 5:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I KNEW IT!!!!  That's so awesome, you guys!  Congratulations!

obxhatteraslight
on 4/11/16 5:15 am - baldwinsville, NY
On April 11, 2016 at 12:10 PM Pacific Time, JuniperBerry wrote:

Good morning everyone. Grim and I decided to hijack this thread a little today and make an announcement! As I am sure you can all figure out from reading his posts, Grim is a pretty great guy--smart, funny, kind and generous. And somehow I am lucky enough to be dating him in real life! Here are a few pics from our recent adventures together.

Also, an added benefit from dating Grim...? I am dropping weight like it's my job. I'm 2 pounds away from the low goal that my surgeon told me it would take another year to reach. So if you are in a stall, I suggest dropping your current SO and start dating a fellow Bypasser ;) #datingaham

B: Fit Frappe Espresso

S: almonds and cheese stick

L: leftover ½ cheeseburger

S: hb egg

D: ??

Fav Children's Books: Where the Wild Things Are, Corduroy & Charlotte's Web!

I knew it too!! I almost asked if romance was in the air in the threads during the last week but decided to shut my trap. 

YEAH!!! So FRIGGIN HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!

Dcgirl
on 4/11/16 9:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG!  Best thread hijack ever!  I thought there were an awful lot of "outings" going on recently!  I got to meet Mr. Hag in person and I agree, you got the BEST of 'em!  I am so so so thrilled!  And the next time he drives down to DC to visit his brother, you have to come along so I can meet you too!  YAY!  This gives me such a huge smile!!!

Queen JB
on 4/11/16 9:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay! I think we are coming in a couple of weeks :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Capogirl
on 4/11/16 5:40 am

I knew it!   I figured it out once you guys shared your popcorn at the movies! 

Congratulations to you both!  

danie11e
on 4/11/16 5:56 am

Well aren't you two the cutest?! Congratulations :) you both look fantastic

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Kakesie
on 4/11/16 5:56 am
RNY on 02/19/16

CONGRATULATIONS you two!!!  You look SO cute together!  I'm so happy for you both!

~ Karen  :)

melissasue1982
on 4/11/16 6:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so freaking excited and have been just waiting for this announcement!!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?