What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

cheapskate
on 4/8/16 6:55 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I suck. There, I said it. It's almost like i hit my one year and all hell broke loose. Well, I ate a couple of things I shouldn't last weekend (not my fat girl super excessive amounts, just noton my plan)  hopped back on plan.... But when I weighed I was up 4 pounds. That is when the problems started. 

So right now I am trying to pull myself out of the muck. I was already struggling with some depression and this  hasn't helped. 

I have been reading every day but not posting but after today I will be posting because I need it. 

I will not let myself spiral, I will not let myself spiral 

Emiepie
on 4/8/16 7:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job for getting back in the game. You got this!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 4/8/16 7:38 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Awwww cheap so sorry you are struggling!  So proud of you for posting this and being honest with us and yourself.  Good for you!

You know you can get rid of those four pounds, you did phenomenal on AMAW. 

I can fully appreciate depression, I was very depressed pre surgery, very depressed, so I know of the darkness you are feeling. I really hope you have sought out help, and if you haven't you do so soon.  You know you deserve to be happy 

Please do check in with us, we are all here for you.

HUGS, Daisy 

melissasue1982
on 4/8/16 7:57 am
RNY on 04/06/15

HUGS.....just HUGS!!  Sorry

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Queen JB
on 4/8/16 8:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hang on! This will pass :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ShaunaBinks
on 4/8/16 9:43 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Talk to your doctor about the depression. No one has to struggle with depression. There are things that can help. I am on anti depressant and have made everyone in my close circle promise to slap me upside the head the next time i say "i feel so good, i dont need to take my anti depressant any more" b/c the lst time i went off, i kicked off a 2 year spiral that ended up with relapsing and losing sobriety (after 10 years being sober)  totally back on track and sober but let me tell you. Depression- big or small bouts are nothing to joke around with. 

that said. something i tell newly sober people or those who have had a slip. forgive yourself, (for going off plan) and let it go. Beating yourself up only harms you more. You are worth it to let it go and move on. 

You will NOT let youreself spiral, b/c spiral is usually a guilt spiral or a fuckit spiral and YOU, you are going to forgive yourself, move on and practice a little gentleness and loving kindness with yourself. 

If you have an iphone , download an app called insight timer (free) its guided meditations. One  of the things that helped me with my recovery , was starting to practice Loving Kindness to myself- there are meditations on there- 6 min ones or 30 min ones. i promise that if you just take a little time each day to listen to one, your spiral will be ceased.

sorry for the non solicited advice. i am SO good at giving it out.  I am rooting for you!

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Daisydoo02
on 4/8/16 10:01 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Awesome and wonderful advice Shauna.  Thank you for being so open and honest with us.  You clearly do know what you are talking about and have the experience to back your post up.

Congrats on your sobriety, that's really wonderful and I love that you have your family & friends on the "slap" me program of making sure you stay healthy!! 

Thanks for sharing the info on the app, I think guided meditation is good for everyone, great ideas!

Again thank you for sharing and being so understanding and supportive! 

Kakesie
on 4/8/16 7:21 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Kristen, I'm sorry you are having to go to Mark's funeral.  Enjoy your friends' compliments on your looks.  You've worked hard to get where you are and you deserve them.

My menu today is a little up in the air.  We are going to a nearby town to visit their animal shelter to possibly adopt a second dog!  I'm so excited.  I just hope Tippy, our Chihuahua will get along with a new dog.  She's pretty possessive of me.

B:  scrambled egg w/ 1 slice turkey breast

L & D:  up in the air for now.

Photo:  I'm only 6 weeks out so I'm still fat.  Here's a picture of my daughter, Saralisa and me.

Emiepie
on 4/8/16 7:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That photo is stunning! I love it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 4/8/16 7:29 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Emiepie!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?