What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 4/7/16 9:05 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi AV, I am so sorry to hear about Mark and his family.  That is so sad.  I hate senseless tragedies.  I guess that goes without saying.

NO clue on the hose, I never wear it.

I was a bottle of beer one year for Halloween.  It was pretty epic.  I worked at a beer distributor and they had these huge life-size blow up beer bottles for events.  They were plastic.  I cut arm holes and a face hole in the bottle neck.  This was pre iPhone so I don't believe I have a pic of it :(

I am off to New Orleans tonight for a four day gay bachelor party, which coincides with French Quarter Fest.  Clearly the eating and drinking is going to be off plan.  We have a private balcony on Bourbon St one night, a scavenger hunt one day, and a champagne brunch.  Help.  Pray for my liver.  I will just leave it at that :)

Time Since Surgery: 29 months

B: Egg and bacon and cheese croissant, coffee with half and half

L: Chipotle chicken burrito bowl, no rice or beans

D: ?  I have to transit to the airport during dinner, with a 7:45 pm flight.  Luckily Reagan National airport has some good eateries so I can for sure have a turkey burger or a salad with chicken or something tasty and high in protein.

For the record, I also sleep like crap since surgery basically.  I take benadryl some nights, which gets me to sleep but doesn't keep me asleep, I'm afraid.

Have a great weekend, all!

AngryViking
on 4/7/16 9:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, that bachelor party sounds like mad fun!  Have a great time!

mschwab
on 4/7/16 11:42 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love N.O.  You will have so much fun! Liver be damned.   Have a hurricane for me.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 4/7/16 7:26 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Have an amazing fun (and safe) time in NO!  Sounds like a blast!  Scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun, you have some awesome friends DC!!

Glad I am not the only one with sleeping problems... I have had to resort to Nyquil a few nights.

ENJOY!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

stacyrg
on 4/7/16 9:16 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Kristen,  I'm so sorry to hear about Mark's passing.  It is never easy, and not that this will make it better, but his family is lucky to have a group of friends like you to help them heal.  You all will remain in my thoughts.  Our weather is stupid at the moment.  It went from 90 to 60 overnight.  We're 60 and overcast with a storm moving in from the south.  I have my last training run tonight which may be in the rain . . . which I guess will help me prepare for saturday's half which likely will be in the rain.  fun times!  Oh, and my joy continues . . . my dr.'s office called yesterday with instructions for my endoscopy.  I have to be on clear liquids starting Sunday.  I asked her if she understood I wasn't having surgery. . . I didn't have to do clear liquids for my pre-surgery endoscopy.  So, admit it now . . . you guys are going to be totally jealous of my menu on Monday, which will likely include jello, chicken broth and more jello!  Anyone want to join me?

KQOTD - In high school, my friends and dressed as otter pops, those frozen ice things in the plastic squeeze sleeve thingy . . . it was easy, a white sheet with the character painted on the front and coordinating tights and shirts.  That's about as creative as I get.  Last halloween my brother and sister in law went as mayhem (the guy from the Allstate insurance commercial) and Flo from Progressive.  I thought that was clever.

Here's my plan:

B: Scrambled eggs (2 medium) with 1/2 slice of deli ham and 1 oz shredded cheese; latte made with 4 oz fairlife milk

L: 4.1 Oz chicken breast, edamame

D: Tri Tip

S: Light and Fit and maybe another latte.  I also have 1 oz deli turkey and a slice of cheese

Totals: (not including an extra latte) Cal: 957; Protein: 112g; Fat: 47g: carbs: 21g (these numbers are way off particularly 2 days before a half for me.  I'll have to do some rearranging)

AngryViking
on 4/7/16 9:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Mayhem and Flo!  LOL, that's brilliant!

mamata2
on 4/7/16 9:45 am

As much as I "think" I hate running in the rain I actually thrive in it.  I have no clue why but my times are always 20-30 second per mile better.  I also never get overheated.  As long as I have a hat on I am a happy happy girl.  Have fun!  Enjoy the cleansing rain :P

A clear liquid challenge... no thank you, I think I'll pass on this one.   I CANNOT stand jello, I've never liked it.  I actually have a really hard time swallowing it.  I even dislike jello shots and jello jigglers.  Totes digusting!

stacyrg
on 4/7/16 9:48 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Not a huge jello fan either.  I'm going to be totally starving all day . . . I can only have the isopure protein drinks and I literally would rather bathe my dog and then drink the water than drink that stuff . . . I feel like a pre-op . . . what can I have on my liquid diet??!?!?

monkam
on 4/7/16 10:19 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Isopure straight up is too much, but I find it tolerable if I pour it into big glass of ice water and stir. Enough to just sort of give the water a pale color hue.  Cannot drink it straight, though.  I have tried Grape, Orange, and I think it was 'pineapple orange banana' or something crazy like that. I have some green 'apple melon' on the shelf, but haven't tried. Grape was the best, but that's probably not considered a clear color?

stacyrg
on 4/7/16 11:07 am
VSG on 05/12/14

All the isopure water like drinks are considered clear liquid.  Still won't drink them.  I'd rather starve.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?