What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/7/16 5:01 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning, all!  Since you were all so kind in offering up good thoughts and prayers, I wanted to let you know that my friend Mark passed yesterday afternoon.  Last night was a flurry of phone calls and tears and memories, so I am effing exhausted this morning.  And maybe a little hungover. 

Ladies:  black dress suit; do I wear nude hose or black?

QOTD!  The weather is weird here this morning, all windy and overcast.  It kind of reminds me of Halloween, so....  what's the best (your favorite) Halloween costume you've ever worn?  It doesn't have to be recent, so don't come at me with "I don't dress up anymore".  I haven't dressed up in years, but I've had some fun ones.  I was a bag of jelly beans once (clear garbage bag stuffed with balloons) and another time in high school I was a Christmas present.  I wore a giant box on suspenders wrapped in red tissue paper with ribbons and ****  LMAO  That one got me pushed into corners, literally.  Share yours!

Time since surgery:  20+ months

B:  coffee, pistachio thinaddictives with 1/4 c. FF ricotta and 2 TB SF preserves

S:  chocolate brownie wonder Power Crunch Crisp bar

L:  lemon pepper tuna pouch, HB egg and a cheese stick.  You know I called this a sad desk lunch yesterday, but it was surprisingly tasty and super filling so I'mma do it again!

D:  grilled chicken with 1/4. c pasta salad.  Don't judge me.

TOTALS:  Cals:  839  Protein:  96  Carbs:  54  Fat:  29

Have a great day you guys! 

Sarafer
on 4/7/16 5:17 am
RNY on 01/14/16

So sorry for the loss of your friend...

I'm not one to answer the hose question - I refuse and don't ever wear them, but I'd probably go nude if I was forced.

12 weeks post op

B: strawberry protein shake

S: beef jerky

L: P3 protein snack thing

S: carb master yogurt

D: 1 egg and light babybel cheese

S: 1/2 Power Crunch bar

Totals: 675 cal,  72 Prot,  22 carbs

RNY: 1/14/16    Age: 34   Height: 5'4"  SW: 280

life_mirrors_art
on 4/7/16 5:24 am - Canada

Good morning. The weather here is stormy and windy too.

QOTD: my costumes in childhood ranged from fairy princess to Old King Cole to gypsy dancer (made the last costume myself at age 9). The dancer was probably my favorite, because it was so colorful and the full skirt was swishy when I moved.

Food:

B: chicken

L: roast pork

D: roast beef

S1: HB egg, S2: turkey bites

Cal-822, protein-110

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

GinaTx
on 4/7/16 5:24 am

AV so sorry about your friend.  Never easy even when you know its going to happen.  The hose questions...I hate hose cause you know with thighs you get "hose burn" lol but saying that I do like the look of a black dress with black hose.  To me it sort of looks classic.

QOTD-my mom made all of our costumes every year so we actually had great ones.  I loved the clown costume she made for me one year.

B-premier protein

s-cheese

L-short ribs and okra and tomatoes

s-yogurt

D-Taco salad

melissasue1982
on 4/7/16 5:25 am, edited 4/6/16 10:30 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

So my 1 year follow up was yesterday.  Got in "trouble" for not eating enough (I even may have told them I eat 1000 cals a day), EAT MORE EAT MORE EAT MORE, they also do NOT want me losing any more weight.  They "dont want me to be unhealthy"....uummmm I JUST made it into a normal BMI, I am not even CLOSE to being an unhealthy weight. 

They gave me a "sample" diet that I should be eating, 1200 calories a day.  But I literally laughed out loud.  3oz chicken, 1/2c steamed broccoli & 1/4c sweet potato.  I told them "I couldnt even eat the chicken" and reminded them AGAIN that I can only do like 1oz of most meat before getting miserably sick for hours after.  So they must have actually heard me say it this time, since I have been telling them this for months and months.  So they have scheduled me for an upper endoscopy on May 20th.  Just to rule out that anything is up with my pouch.  It may just be I can tolerate meat.  WHATEVER, I just want to know either way. 

QOTD: UMMMM WAIT are you my Mommy AV?????????  My Mom dressed up as a bag of jelly beans AND a christmas present for Halloween when I was a kid!! HAHAH  My favorite was the homemade Popples outfit I had one year.  I think it was made by an Aunt and I got it as a hand me down.   It was so warm, and so cute!  A close second was a cheap, store bough Punky Brewster costume!!

1 year since surgery

M1: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate

M4: Turkey sausage & ricotta stuffed peppers (an eggface recipe)

Totals: Cals: 635  Protein: 101  Carbs: 27  Fat: 14

Yesterday I actually ate what they asked me to, well the calorie count anyway, thanks to WAY TOO MUCH trail mix on long, lonely drive home from my appointment. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 4/7/16 5:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  I'm not your Moms, but she clearly has excellent taste.  LOL  I'm glad they're going to finally scope you out to see if anything's awry in there.  You've been dealing with some bull**** for way too long.  But 1200 calories?  It is to laugh. 

melissasue1982
on 4/7/16 6:16 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yes they want me at "maintenance" because they worry I am getting TOO SMALL!!????!?!   WTF people

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 4/7/16 6:20 am - Brighton, IL

That's what I hear from my surgeon too. They told me I would never be a normal bmi and every time I go they think I'm too small. I am a normal bmi folks! With my rheumatoid arthritis, my knees prefer my weight as low as is healthy,especially since I can't take NSAIDS anymore. I just keep telling them that every year. Maybe someday they'll listen?!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/7/16 5:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad you're finally getting an endoscopy. I hope they figure out what's been going on. Just keep in mind that an endoscopy is great for finding certain things, but there is a lot it can't detect.

Let us know how it goes.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 4/7/16 5:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

At my one year appointment they finally heard me as well, "Oh, you still get sick when you eat?" Duh. My question was why am I still on Prilosec when I never had GERD?  They kept telling me I was eating too fast, not chewing...whatever. Endo showed nothing, then I had an H.Pylori test...and finally a Cat Scan. Bingo! on the Cat Scan. hernia. Better to know than not know...

Hope they figure it out. and do what you need to do on your weight loss...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 160 views