What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 4/6/16 7:13 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Love The Far Side too!!  Channel your inner Yoda... you can do this, good luck for a better menu day tomorrow!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

stacyrg
on 4/6/16 9:34 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kristen.  You, Mark and Joanne will be in my thoughts and prayers.  And don't ever worry about bringing down the room.  The thing I love about this board and all of you is the unconditional love and support.  We've got your back, my friend!

KQOTD - I love the comics.  I don't read them as much any more since I cancelled my paper delivery (which was a very sad day for this communications/journalism major . . . I felt like I was helping to kill off an institution I love).  But I love Calvin & Hobbes, Cathy, and especially Peanuts.  My mother has a cartoon from my birthday (same day, different year) where Snoopy is celebrating his birthday, so I've always felt a certain bond with the Peanuts characters!

Here's my plan:

B: Ground turkey, pesto and cheese

L: fajita chicken, a spoonful of Guacamole, a spoonful of black beans

D: Tri tip

S: Skinny vanilla latte; light and fit, ham and cheese (if needed, but counted)

Totals: Cal: 1,098; Protein: 126g; Fat: 37g; Carbs: 57g (a bit high for me, so something may change, or I may just say screw it)

Daisydoo02
on 4/6/16 7:15 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Great numbers Stacy, your lunch sounds delish!  I have a serious guacamole addiction, I don't eat enough of it but OMG I love it!!

You and Snoopy sharing a bday is adorbs, my hubby wants to get a tattoo of Snoopy, he is a pretty cute dog!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Nicole K.
on 4/6/16 4:30 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

That's terrible news, Angry Viking.  If I lost any of my tight college group I would be devastated, I'm sorry.

I've been swamped at work today so I'm late and it's easier for me to post my ACTUAL menu then what actually gets ate, (usually less than I post).  My doctor says I need to double my calorie intake, I'm averaging between 300-400 a day right now, and it's been pretty hard for me to get THAT in.  I tried to do better today - not sure how successful I've been, though.  I need to get home and count up what I ate.

B: a scrambled egg with a tbsp of cheese

L: 1 cup of chicken soup

S: 1/2 of a single serving of unsweetened applesauce (I don't usually eat things like this)

D: more soup

Doctor also told me that since I had a hiatal hernia repair that I am supposed to be on purees for 8 weeks, they failed to mention that to me prior to now.  They said that's why I've been having such a hard time with solid foods...thanks, Doc.

If anyone has any insight or ideas on getting more food and/or calories in without adding carbs, I'm all ears.  I want to try to stick to all protein, the last thing I want to do is find out I can eat sugar and carbs. 

I'm usually stuffed eating what I list above.  I'm trying to get better with my hydration, too.

QOTD: It's been so long since I read a real newspaper.  I love Calvin and Hobbes and I used to read For Better Or For Worse, too.  My grandparents used to read the comics out loud to each other and crack up, and never understood that.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Daisydoo02
on 4/6/16 7:23 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Interesting your doc wants you to "double" your calories, I personally don't agree with that.  You are two months post op and I think going to 400 - 600 calories a day would be fine.  Look at some of our vets here they are years post op and eat 600-800 a day.  So doesn't make sense to me that your surgeon at two months wants you close to that, just my two cents.

Good puree foods high in protein: eggs, mashed/pureed egg salad, mashed/pureed tuna salad, mashed/pureed chicken salad, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, soup with added protein powder, protein shakes, chili with protein powder added, chickpeas/hummus, mashed lentils, mashed black beans & salsa.  Stay away from the applesauce, unless you are adding protein powder to it then its all sugar and carbs, even unsweetened its still an apple.

Keep your liquids up, don't worry about the calories, that will come eventually, right now you still need to focus on your protein and liquid intake, again just my opinion!

Good luck, keep us posted okay!

Nicole K.
on 4/6/16 8:16 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Thank you so much for your response! I'm hesitant about doubling them, too. I want to take advantage of this "honeymoon phase" window where I'm not hungry. I'll probably work a lot more on my hydration instead, another area I need a lot of work in.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

G2GAWAY
on 4/6/16 10:17 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

AV-So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's husband.  I have been an organ donor since in my 20s (now 53) and have told my family repeatedly (most recently when I filled out paperwork prior to my RNY surgery) to give all of my parts away if anything ever happens to me because they will be of no use to me and could help so many other people. I hope she has peace during this time.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views