What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/6/16 5:19 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning my fellow menu posters!  You guys, I'm feeling pretty down today.  I got news yesterday that the husband one of my very good friends from college suffered a massive brain bleed and is not expected to survive.  As of last night, she was completing organ donation paperwork and the last update I got was that they would be removing him from the ventilator this morning.  I've known Mark and Joanne since we all started college together in 1988.  There were a group of about 8 of us who were fiercely tight and we still all keep in touch and we are all reeling from the news.  He's just 45 years old.  This **** is not supposed to happen.  I'm devastated for her and her family; she just lost her sister to breast cancer this past February.  WTH, universe?  

Wow, way to bring the room down, Kristen.  LOL  Sorry, but I just had to get that out there.  Maybe keep a good thought for her today?

QOTD!  Let's lighten it up a little, shall we?  When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to do was read the comics in the paper.  I loved all of them, and amassed quite the collection of books, too:  Peanuts, Garfield, Bloom County, etc.  However, my very favorite comic strip was and continues to be Calvin and Hobbes.  I have all of the books and still read them.  They never get old.  One of the proudest moments of my adult life was introducing my son to the strip and having him love it just as much as me.  Yay for good parenting!  LOL  So, what's your favorite comic strip?  If you even think about responding with "I don't like the funnies", keep that **** to yourself. 

Time since surgery:  20+ months

B:  chobani mango cone crisp flip thing

S:  FF ricotta with pistachio thinaddictives.  The FF ricotta was surprisingly non-offensive.  Not exactly good, but not terrible, either.  The flavor was more ricotta-esque than actual ricotta.  But at 45 calories and 6 grams of protein for a 1/4 c., I'll manage.  LOL

L:  Starkist lemon pepper tuna pouch, HB egg and a cheese stick.  Sad desk lunch is sad.

D:  Grilled chicken breast with a slice of sharp cheddar and some roasted broccoli

TOTALS:  Cals:  783  Protein:  101  Carbs:  41  Fat:  26

This calorie count seems kind of low, but this looks like a lot of food...  I'll see if I need to add another snacky snack in here somewhere.  Have a great day you guys, and tell the important people in your life that you love them. 

GinaTx
on 4/6/16 5:30 am

Morning y'all.  So sorry about your friend AV.  It's always so shocking when someone so young has this happen.  My heart goes out to his wife and family.  No one is ever prepared for something like that. 

QOTD I guess my fav would be family circus.  That usually cracks me up.

B-premier protein

S-cheese and a few globe grapes

L-hamburger patty

S-yogurt

D-steak and okra

Grim_Traveller
on 4/6/16 5:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning AV. I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend. That's just horrible. Joanne will be really fortunate to have you as her friend while she goes through this ordeal.

QOTD: I ALWAYS read the funnies as a kid, and as long as I still read a paper newspaper. It's once of the things I lost in the switch to online news, unfortunately.

Doonesbury is my all time favorite. I loved Bloom County too.

Food today is a Quest bar for breakfast, ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, and ribeye for dinner with Juniper.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

mamata2
on 4/6/16 5:39 am

I am so sorry Kristen for you and your friends.  I will say that the bright spot in your story was the fact that she has chosen organ donation.  My father received a heart from an individual with a very similar brain bleed.  My dad was 42.  We have had him in our lives for 20 extra years thanks to the generousity of the greiving widow who made that decision long ago.  I thank the lord every day for my Dad but also say a prayer for the family of the man who was lost (he was only 30).  Hugs all around.  

QOTD: My favorite comic as a kid... Family Circle.  Yes, I know I'm lame.  But I also really liked Garfield (we share a Birthday) and B.C.  My hubbie is a HUGE Calvin and Hobbes fan and has loved that our daughter has enjoyed them too.

Time since surgery: 22+ months

B: Coffee and cream and Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sammy

S: Fit Frappe with Coffee 

L: LC Turkey and Vegetables

S: Trail mix and Pork Jerky

D: Pork Chops

W/V: Started

E: 40 min on the treadmill at lunch running sprints :(

Totals: Calories 1056, Protein 74, Carbs 83, Fat 50

AngryViking
on 4/6/16 5:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's a great testimony for organ donation, Nikki.  How wonderful you are able to have this extra time with your Dad.

Queen JB
on 4/6/16 7:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Beautiful story about your dad. So happy you got so many wonderful extra years.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 4/6/16 7:47 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

How wonderful for your Dad Nikki to have the heart of another, its like that person get's to continue to live on as well.  So glad your Dad is thriving after all these years, great story.

Sprints at lunch, are you mad woman?  I detest sprints, detest!  Good for you!!

stacyrg
on 4/6/16 9:39 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree about the organ donation, Nikki.  Last July, a friend of mine went to the ER because she and her husband thought she had the flu.  While she was waiting to be seen, she went into cardiac arrest.  Thy were able to revive her once, but it happened again and they couldn't save her.  Her husband was devastated, but agreed to organ donation and has said that it helped him heal, knowing that his loss helped so many other families.  

NYMom222
on 4/6/16 5:48 am, edited 4/5/16 10:49 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

So glad you shared Kristen, if we can't be real what is the point? So sorry about your friend. Yes, life doesn't always make sense.

When you mentioned the funnies...it made me sad. Does anyone read them anymore? I loved Doonesbury and Peanuts...with a little Garfield thrown in.... I remember my Mom liking Ziggy. I have a Ziggy Christmas ornament I bought many years ago that I still hang on the tree in remembrance of her.

Have lots to do. I run our Churches Women's retreat each year with the Pastor's wife. So behind, and tomorrow we leave for Pennsylvania for the weekend. I've been a little busy between grandbabies and surgery... When you do things 'every year' you worry that if you don't do something you have always done will people get their knickers in a twist. Just sayin'

Then the food...lots of food. So much food. They usually have some kind of salad/veggie, so I hard boiled some eggs, and bought some tuna pouches, so if the meat offerings don't look good I will have to go with that. I know they always have a buffet Friday night with Ham on it :) also fried chicken...but no fried chicken!

B: Latte protein Drink

L: chicken salad

S: cheese and salami

D: steak, spinach

S: Hot premier protein

Exercise: 21-day-fix modified -Done!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ShaunaBinks
on 4/6/16 5:50 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Sorry for your friend AV. I will say a prayer right now for him and his family and all his loved ones.  Its beautiful that even in her desperate sadness, your friend is filling out the organ donation ppwk, to bring life to others. 

QOTD- i am going to have to come back to it. I knwo i had a fa, that i always went to first- but i cant remember- just had to wikipedia it- it was called For better or for worse.

3 weeks ago today i was being rolled up to the surgical floor at this moment  to be prepped.! yesterday was post op. i am down 15lbs, BMI from 39 to 37.5 which the Dr. is happy about.  I move on to soft foods with protein supplements. Had 45 min with the nutritionist to review. she even has soft food stages within the stage. 

pre bkfst- Latte w/ 1 scoop unflav. whey protein- 14 g

bkfst - soft boiled egg

snack- premier protein

lunch- shredded chicken thighs from lst nights taco tuesday- 2oz/ 1/4 cup

snack-cottage cheese or premier protein

dinner- chicken 

havent done my totals in MFP yet. 

i have been waiting 45 min after eating food before i drink again. its amazing but true - i am satisfied longer- using the term satisfied instead of full. b/c i dont want to be "full" 

since i have brought in foods i have noticed better satiety, and no ill effects- keeping to the suggested amounts, chewing a ton, eating slowly. amazing when you follow the guidelines, they can actually work for you.

ps. i told on myself about the caffeine. the Dr. said my one shot of espresso with the 2 shots of decaf was okay. as long as i am tolerating and not getting reflux, acid etc.

p.p.s the nutritionist said to increase my water b/c caffeine is a diuretic. I wanted to tell her that when you have had it every day for 35 years, the diuretic effect is long gone and the body adjusts.. but i didnt want to seem like a smartie pants

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?