Partially broken and somewhat terrified...

ChristyO
on 4/8/16 5:27 am
RNY on 02/01/16

I just want to tell you what a confidence booster having the surgery has been for me.  I'm a little over two months out I bought new makeup I bought new hair products just the whole process at my bariatric center the classes the appointments it gave my whole mind something brand new to focus on.  I keep up on manicures and pedicures now my husband says I seem so much happier I wish this for you as well.  Everybody says it's the best thing they ever did for themselves I just wanted to elaborate on that and what that means ,, take care !! 

ChristyO

Height 5'4

S.W. 251

C.W. 129

G.W. 125

ElusiveSigh
on 4/8/16 5:44 am

Thank you! That is helpful. :) The 35 lbs I lost from my husband leaving has helped immensely but I've taken this opportunity to stop eating fast food and limit all kinds of other things as well as increase my protein and water intake.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/12/16 7:51 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

RYN Gastric Bypass is still the gold standard WLS. If you are having GERD with the Barrett's Esoph -- RNY will help resolve those symptoms and VSG is not recommended for GERD sufferers.

You do not seem to be emotionally over the break-up of your marriage and I am not sure that you have a realistic view of your body and eating issues and how they will be impacted by either WLS.  Taking on WLS on top of a getting married and divorced maybe what you need - or it may be too much for you to handle in less than 1 year.  Most of us had major surgery because of the long-term health risks of carrying around all that excess weight (diabetes, joint and back problems, etc) - not just because you do not want to be describes as 'fat' - although that is an important reason, also.  

Will I look at myself naked and be horrified by sagging skin so much so that I wish the fat filled it again? - No one can answer that for you - go on youtube and see what people look like and say after losing 100-150 pounds.  Ask yourself, should they gain the weight back to be puffed out?  That may help you address your post-WLS appearance concerns.

Take your time, this is an important decision, and make sure you get satisfying answers to all your concern before surgery.

Sharon

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views