What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 4/2/16 8:51 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love your doggy pics...such cuteness. Didn't realize you lived in Jersey...what part? We should do a NYC or northeast meet-up....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Grim_Traveller
on 4/2/16 9:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I especially love the baby picture. So cute.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kakesie
on 4/2/16 6:29 am
RNY on 02/19/16

That picture of the grey kitty is a wonderful photograph!  So sharp and in focus and great composition!  That should be an award winning photo!  Love the kitty's eyes!

Deanna798
on 4/2/16 6:31 am
RNY on 08/04/15

good morning, Beautiful JB.  I am sorry you have to work today and I"m not trying to rub it in when I tell you that I am on vacation until April 11th.  My plans for this week are few.  We are going to the indoor water park on Thursday, but the rest of my time will be spent with my boys (it's spring break for my oldest).  I'm excited to have nothing really planned.  

So, I am screwed, and not in a good way.  I woke up this morning with incredibly sore calf muscles.  I mean limping when I walk.  I did a step exercise yesterday while holding kettlebell weights and the pain didn't set in until last night.  This morning it's worse.  I've been trying to stretch them all morning, but I'm seriously hobbling around.  It doesn't help that I'm still in my PJs.  I'll be getting going soon because I have to go pick up my hubby's anniversary present, and then go and pick up my bib and tshirt for the race tomorrow.  I plan on running a bit today to at least warm my muscles up.  I'm pretty frustrated that I'm so sore.  

Anyway, I have 3 cats.  I love them, but honestly if I could find a good home for all three of them I'd get rid of them in a heart beat.  They are much more work than they are worth, and I am not even the one who cleans the litter box.  They like to chew on cords, and have cost me a lot of money in headphone replacements.  I got my kid an expensive pair of bluetooth headphones for christmas and a month later he left them on his desk and one of the cats chewed them up.  We've had them since 2012 (the chewers, the other we have had since 2008) and honestly they have destroyed hundreds of dollars worth of electronics.  They also like to chew on plastic bags.  I think they have pica or something.  Here's a pic of one, his name is Winston.  If I had to keep just one of them, he would be it.  He's super cuddly.

Anyway, here's my incomplete plan for the day, since I haven't decided on dinner yet:

8 months since surgery

B: 3/4 of an egg, bacon and swiss omelet and a coffee with fat free half and half and SF torani hazelnut

L: chicken salad made from left over rotisserie chicken

D: unknown

S: maybe a light and fit, and probably mozzarella and pepperoni baked in the oven.

I don't have totals but I promise to be under 900 calories and over 80 protein today.

Have a great day all.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Grim_Traveller
on 4/2/16 3:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

He's pretty.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kakesie
on 4/2/16 6:56 am
RNY on 02/19/16

This is my all time FAVORITE QOTD!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pets & animals of all kinds!

~ Karen  :)

Daisydoo02
on 4/2/16 7:23 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning JB!  So glad your exam went well, sorry you have to work today thought, blah!  So glad you enjoyed meat week, I do think it was a roaring success!  I have tried coconut milk in my Starbucks latte, its different, not good, not bad, just different, very much reminds me of soy milk, hope the ice cream is good though!

QOTD: well you all know I am the crazy doggie Mom to two Labs and could post pics and talk about them 24/7, they have truly replaced the kids I was never able to have!  Your cats are gorgeous, and its true pets do have such distinct personalities, only pet people get that. Maybe your parents will let you kitty sit more often so you can still spend time with them!  If you want a running partner, a dog would be amazing, as Karen and Grim have said Boxers are awesome, crazy high energy so good for running! My two are not build for running, swimming on the other hand, I can't get them out of water, my chocolate girl Amy swims almost as good as me! LOL Here are some pics of my fur babies.  Oliver is my black lab, he is an 80 lbs suck, he is attached to me all the time.  He is very protective of me and if I am out with them and my husband is not there he has no problem telling strangers to stay away from me, but other than that you can find him at my side looking for a snuggle, he's very sweet.  Amy is my chocolate lab, she is all dog.  She is very independent, she prefers to be outside in all kinds of weather just be a dog, she loves to hunt, and can pick up a scent of a critter in two seconds.  She is an amazing swimmer and I have to drag her out of the water to make her go home. She is smart as a whip, and I only ever have to give her a command once and she knows it and continues to do it (unlike Oliver who tests me daily). Amy "snuggles" on her time, if she wants a snuggle she will come to me, and she usually has to push Oliver out of the way.  They are fun and keep me young! LOL

Well I am feeling a lot better today, still not 100% but better.  I have missed my OH/Menu/AMAW family over the last few days. I want to be like DCgirl and meet all of you, I talk about all of you ALL THE TIME with my husband, he knows all of your OH names and I show him pictures, he even wants to meet you guys LOL  So I need to work out some trips and vacation time with work!

Today is running errands day. We are about to head out to Costco, get contacts at the Optometrist for hubby, Home Depot and then I am going for a run, a few days without exercise and I feel like a drug addict without her "drugs", is that bad? LOL LOL

Time since surgery: 2 years + 4.5 months

B: coffee x 2 with splenda & lactose free milk 10 shrimp with ****tail sauce

L: Montreal smoked meat sandwich, open face, no bread, with lots of mustard (our fav local "Diner", best food ever!)

S: laughing cow cheese and red pepper strips (missed these!)

D: 4oz of grilled chicken breast and bbq sauce

S: laughing cow cheese and red pepper strips

TOTALS: calories: 1065  protein: 122 carbs: 46  fat:32

V/W: vits are done, calcium on alarms and lots of coffee and tea and water with lemon

E: going for a run after errands will do 5km and then a hike on the trail with hubby and the pups after dinner for 5km

I will have to PM the Meat King and get his thoughts on AMAW, and I will post later after errands but I loved it, on to the next challenge!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Kakesie
on 4/2/16 7:31 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Amy and Oliver are SO cute!!!

~ Karen  :)

karenp8
on 4/2/16 7:44 am - Brighton, IL

The pups are beautiful as usual! I am the same way with exercise. I got lots of steps in yesterday but no actual walk so I am getting ready to clean out the car so Lily and I can go to the park. I have lots to do today but we both need our exercise!

NYMom222
on 4/2/16 8:55 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love Labs... I mentioned in my post I still miss my Maxine... Your black lab reminds me of her.

I was thinking on Monday we should maybe have a final "Meat Week' post.... for final thoughts and musings. I expressed mine here today, but not everybody is here on the weekends.

... and to crown the queen of Meat. Some had suggested 2 queens- meat and critter version...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views