What's on your Monday Menu RNYers? Meat Week Begins!

Deanna798
on 3/28/16 9:11 am
RNY on 08/04/15

guys, meat weeks is working already!  I made a meat/cheese roll for lunch but could only eat 3/4 of it.  Now I don't want the boiled egg I packed either.  

I don't know if it's the lack of carbs lately, the new exercise regimen or the meat, but something is seriously taking away my desire to eat!  It's probably a bit of all three.

Yay for me!  I will up my evening snack to a full protein drink to make sure that I get it all in, but I have a feeling this week is going to be VERY productive for me.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

mute
on 3/28/16 9:21 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Yay meat week! 

B- protein shake

L- leftover meatloaf

S- some kind of fish, either fish cakes or crab

snack - beef jerky

Im at little over a year and I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable with going without my protein shake in the morning. It's just easy to grab and drink on my hour commute and I know I'll hit my protein with it and go over. I keep thinking I want to try to go off them but then I get nervous. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Dcgirl
on 3/28/16 10:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Melinda - you are seriously kicking ass!  Look at your ticker!  OMG you are doing so great.  I am so proud of you :)

I also did a shake every single day for breakfast for over a year.  Chike, mostly.  Then I got into a rut of having Light and Fit greek yogurt with maybe 2 tbsp of high protein granola.  For months and months.  Then, hard-boiled eggs.  It's funny how I just do one thing for a long time until suddenly I never want it again!  I don't see any harm in having a shake for breakfast however...it's protein and helps you reach your daily macro goals.  I think the difference for me was that about 1.5 years after surgery it just didn't keep me full anymore.

Keep on rocking this!  :)

mute
on 3/28/16 4:08 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks!

And that makes me feel better - and that's not a bad idea. I could do the yogurt for breakfast. The triple zero yogurt would be about the same in calories but half the protein. But it would still be up there.

G2GAWAY
on 3/28/16 12:25 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I am getting close to a year out and will likely keep the shake in the morning too. I commute as well, am not a huge breakfast fan anyway. I usually save a bit of it for the drive home as it takes the edge off until dinnertime. 30 grams of protein with low fat and low sugar is a good thing in my mind. I don't always have them on the weekend though, but it works well for weekday mornings.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

mute
on 3/28/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

That's helpful to hear, thanks!

NYMom222
on 3/28/16 7:33 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I still like my protein drink in the morning....and I am further out than you.  Whenever I actually eat breakfast, it seems to throw me off for the day...

You are doing great!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

stacyrg
on 3/28/16 9:35 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  Happy Meat Week to those who observe!  I'm starting out on the meat side, but again reserve the right to convert to all critter.  Given my current situation with a potential conversion on the horizon, I figure its appropriate for me to convert from meat to critter should the need arise.  I went shopping this weekend and the two grocery stores I typically frequent had RIB EYE on sale (one had Rib Roast the other Rib Eye steaks).  So, I have steak, roast, pork chops, ground turkey and leftover ham ready to go.  I may need to augment with some chicken.  What's missing is snacky type food.  However, I may not need it since I bumped up the ounces on eat of my meals (a minimum of 4 rather than 3).  I guess this will be a work in progress.

Here's my plan:

B: leftover rib eye (4oz)

L: Ham (5 oz)

S: Chicken (4oz)

D: Steak is the only thing that's not frozen so I guess steak.  Going to aim for 5 oz and see how it goes

Totals: Cal. 912; Protein: 120g; Fat: 41g; Carbs: 9g

Nicole K.
on 3/28/16 9:35 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad these forums are here to keep me accountable and for all the inspiration.  I'm going to sit out this Meat Week as sometimes dense proteins give me trouble at this point - I don't think I chew well enough yet.  I am trying to keep all carbs to a minimum though, I don't eat the Cream of Wheat, oatmeal or applesauce my program allows.

B: poached egg

L: 3 oz chicken soup

S: sugar free lime Jello

D: 1 oz shredded chicken with a couple of tablespoons of soup or an iMetabolic protein shake from my surgeon.

I did better with my liquids this weekend, still not great, but better and I really want to start working exercise in now that I'm not feeling so wiped out.  I'm finally starting to get my energy back. 

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Capogirl
on 3/28/16 10:11 am

Good afternoon!

Another crazy Monday, will probably be here late and have a meeting after work tonight, luckily at a place where I can get a burger. 

B:  2 Eggs,

L:  3 oz ham w/ mustard, babybel

d:  Hamburger w, cheddar cheese & ketchup

S:  Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

Haven't entered into MFP yet.   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views