Crazy thoughts..

Queen JB
on 3/26/16 6:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes! The band gives such a different feeling of restriction than the bypass. I remember before having it out, I asked a friend who had bypass what it felt like when she was full. She looked at me funny and said, "I don't know, I just feel full". I kept pressing her to find out if it hurt to feel full or where the pressure was but she couldn't tell me.

Years of band restriction make us reliant on feeling like we are going to vomit or intense pain to be full. Once your nerves are healed up a bit more, you will see how the feeling of fullness can be there without pain or discomfort. It's wonderful!

But for now, be so grateful that you can drink a lot! Staying hydrated is more than half the game, right now! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/26/16 9:28 am, edited 3/26/16 2:59 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

My advice is to stop thinking or using LapBand lingo.  In a few months you will find that it no longer applies but for now cut the word "restriction" from your working vocabulary!  

Everything you are posting is normal.  I had a very similar experience.  Go slow, eat the tiny amounts your surgeon told you to eat and don't think about fullness, or retriction or any of that.  Your RNY will work brilliantly, really and truly.  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views