Confused clothes shopping...

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/18 5:13 am

I was relatively thin in high school... I battled it but not severely. I also had gotten to goal or close 3 times with other diets prior to my RNY so I had some idea of styles and what I liked. I went wild with clothes and have never had a problem putting things together when I was heavy or thin. Love fashion and clothing. I also like color and different pieces.

I went to Goodwill or Savers but found I did best there when smaller (for me closer to goal) then when first starting out. I think if you watch sales in regular stores you can do just as well as there, and possibly like more. In the beginning months, Walmart is a good place for cheaper clothing that you know you will be only in a couple months. I think wear clothes baggy for a bit... or wear leggings. I spent a lot of money in first year that was foolish.

Once you know a brand eBay is a great way to buy things. Like someone mentioned above. I have had a piece of clothing I liked and when too big found it in a smaller size on eBay.

MichelleS61
on 3/22/18 5:38 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

I feel the same way to some extent I figure I've probably go enough clothes for the next size or 2 but after that will need new stuff, some of the women I work with are all excited for me and think I should want to buy new clothes as soon as my size changes, but I hate to waste money. Luckily I work in an office where most everyone wears jeans so I figure I'll really only need to worry about tops till summer comes.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?