What's on your menu Photo Friday RNYers?

stacyrg
on 3/25/16 9:33 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree!  I know it's hard and I struggle with the same thing (old pictures, etc.) But I try to keep in mind that those pictures a memories of what shaped me and gave me the strength to be where I am today.  I love that picture!  You all look like you're having the time of your lives!

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 9:28 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Nikki for getting me to see the "other" side of my "dark days" I needed that and it means a lot to me 

And hubby is pretty darn cute, but of course I am biased LOL LOL

Hey the only reason it looks like I am up high is because I bent my knees under me, if I had of jumped straight up and not bend my knees I might only be a foot of the ground, and trust me after this pic I needed to sit down in the shade...

karenp8
on 3/25/16 8:19 am - Brighton, IL

Don't be sad Daisy,just be so proud of how far you've come and where you are now! You have done amazing! And not only are you healthy and beautiful on the outside but you are a compassionate caring soul on the inside too! I know what you mean about the before pictures though,I only have two and the one I posted yesterday was recently given to me by the person who took it years ago. I hadn't seen her for five years and she was amazed at my weight loss.

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 9:38 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Karen, its so great that you "get" me and understand.  I do still beat myself up a lot about how unhealthy I was, the years I wasted sitting in the shadows, not nonparticipating in events, not being social, not caring about me or how I looked.  Some days I think its all a dream, that the other shoe is going to drop and I will get fat again.  Scares me, actually makes my heart race it scares me so much, that's probably why I am so strict with my rules/exercise.  

Posting that picture of me today on the beach was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I hate it that much.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your compliments, many of you here on OH I consider dear friends, even if we have never met face to face you are all the people that I talk to daily and you all keep me focused & grounded.

Dcgirl
on 3/25/16 8:43 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am with Mamata and Karen - a. your husband is HOT and b. You are quite high off the ground and I could NOT have done that at 250 lbs.

Think of all the hot pics you are gonna have going forward on all your trips with your hubby!  Including one to DC next month, pretty please????

XOXO

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 9:49 pm, edited 3/25/16 2:49 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You are too cute Emily!  A. thank you, although I had nothing to do with my husband's said "hotness" I do think he's gorgeous, sorry I am biased! B. I am not that high off the ground!  I said this to Nikki or Karen that if my knees were not bent I would not really be that far off the ground, like a foot or something, its just cuz I knew the rest of them could jump and I didn't want to be the only one not actually having her feet leave the ground. Being so big it took a lot out of me to jump and I needed to rest after, seriously!!!!

It is a different world now when it comes to taking pictures, I pretty much never say no when someone brings out a camera or says can I take your picture. So yes there should be lots of awesome pics of me and hubby on our future trips!  Coming to visit you is on the list, don't worry my dear, but its not next month, it will be in the Fall.  Next month hubby and I are going to Florida!

When I was fat I actually got into a fight once with one of my husband's cousin (this nasty *****), we were at her Dad's funeral (all places to take pictures!!!!!!) and she wanted a picture of all the "cousins" at the luncheon after the funeral, so 1. I personally think pictures at a funeral is bad taste, 2. I was not having my picture taken, 3. I was not a cousin, only a wife of a cousin so I figured I was out of the pic. She went ape **** and started yelling at me and so I just walked away, I was not in the cousin picture.  Know what she did though, when I was not looking and I was sitting down eating some food she took my picture with me mid sandwich in my mouth so I look like I am stuffing my face and she posted that pic of me and the "cousins" picture to her FB page.  Yea good times...

Thank you for your sweet post 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

danie11e
on 3/25/16 9:11 am

We love St Maarteen too! We were just there a couple weeks ago - is that the beach near the downtown area? 

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 9:52 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I honestly can't remember where it was, I asked hubby and he can't remember either. I know we had to take a short shuttle bus ride from the cruise ship to this beach, so maybe?  I remember we got a pic of us in front of a huge Stone Buddha... ring any bells?

Emiepie
on 3/25/16 11:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The pic looks like you guys were having fun but I can relate to not liking certain photos of myself. Thank you for being comfortable enough to share it with us!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 9:55 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Kelly, the trip was fun for everyone else, I mostly faked my "fun".  I was too hot, too tired to do anything, nothing "fit" right, I was too big to do a lot of the fun things like zip line and stuff so this may look fun, but it wasn't for me.  And to be totally honest with you I really struggled this morning about posting that pic. I really really hate it.  But everyone here supports me so much, you are all my "family" and I wanted to all to see this side of me, it was important for you guys to know I had dark days, bad days, days I hated myself.

Thank you for recognizing that  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views