What's on your menu Photo Friday RNYers?

cheapskate
on 3/25/16 7:15 am
RNY on 03/30/15

We travel domestically a good bit but are more concrete jungle people. I love Minneapolis and I did live Antigua, Guatemala. 

I have been busily eating my non meat plan food this week so my food has been weirder than normal, and I am having a shake funeral... So drinking my shakes and crying into them a bit. 

Skinny cinnamon dolce

Coffee with 1/2 fairlife and 2 tsp heavy cream

Toasted coconut almond milk with pumpkin pie shake

Spicy black bean burger with plain yogurt and franks

Chicken salad made with the rest of Frank's and yogurt

2 oz of roast beef with 2 puckle spears

Cal 667 protein 94 carbs 36 fat 15

mamata2
on 3/25/16 7:22 am

It's only a week!  Have going away shake parties not funerals... lol!

I love Minneapolis too!  Are you near there?

cheapskate
on 3/25/16 7:52 am
RNY on 03/30/15

I just really love shakes. It would be like Grim giving up meat. 

We live in Kansas City but have always gone to Minneapolis no matter where we live. The architecture is just amazing. 

mamata2
on 3/25/16 7:57 am

I was in KC last spring for a triathlon and I was amazed how much I liked it.  Very cool place and the people were super friendly.  

Grim_Traveller
on 3/25/16 7:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

After reading Jamaica Kincaid, I want to visit Antigua. Until I read A Small Place again, and think I shouldn't.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ShaunaBinks
on 3/25/16 7:24 am
RNY on 03/16/16

I have to say i love taking a look at the thread at the end of the day and seeing all the encouraging  comments of everybody . i am sorry i cant get into regularly responding, but i "like" your comments.. :)

10 days post op.

Menu- Protein  shakes/ water. 

I am trying to figure out sensations. I rarely feel hungry, but can tell when i am behind on my protein intake, and fluids. I wonder if i am drinking too quickly and that i "broke" or stretched my stoma. I havent gone off plan but i am scared that some how i have done something wrong. Mainly b/c i feel nothing- no hunger nor satisfaction. 

Wait- i did go off plan. i had a half shot of caffeinated espresso in my latte this am. 2 shots decaf, lots of low fat milk and a little bit of real espresso- i wanted to see if it would help move things (my bowels )a little bit  Thankfully it did!

I added yogurt to my protein shake, but havent spent too many meals sitting down with it-  2 oz here 2 oz there. 

Monday i have all my post op appts so i look forward to being moved to soft foods- which is what  i will be on for the next 3-4  months. 

I have had to cook for my family and it has not been that hard. It has given me a chance to understand head hunger vs. real hunger. 

I think i will try some purreed lentil soup today b/c all the sweet flavored shakes are getting to me.

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

karenp8
on 3/25/16 8:14 am - Brighton, IL

You are doing just fine Shauna and haven't broken or stretched anything. Liquids wouldn't stretch anything because they just go right through like water through a funnel. Until I was able to eat dense food like meat I never felt full. I wondered the same thing as you! But that full sensation will come as your diet progresses and the nerves heal. I rarely feel hunger either,like maybe 2 times in 31/2 years. And that was an emergency case where it had been way too long since I ate. Neither sensation feels the same as before. But you will figure out your sign to stop too. As long as you measure your food as instructed by your doctor you will do amazing!

Dcgirl
on 3/25/16 8:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ahhh 10 days out...I remember at my two week post op appt I got moved to soft foods and I have never been so happy as when I could eat mashed up egg salad and tuna salad...I was SO tired of sweet things.  My go-to soft foods (savory) were chicken broth with protein powder added (I use salty delicious Miner's soup base with Isopure powder), ricotta cheese warmed with italian seasoning, egg salad, chicken salad.  

I know we are not supposed to have caffeine, but from what I understand (and I am NOT a doc or nut), it's more so a. you don't drink like 17 coffees a day which can make you dehydrated and b. you don't go back to 17 diet mountain dews a day (perhaps a lot of morbidly obese people have a ton of soda?).  I did the decaf thing for about 6 months but since I consistently drink 80-100 oz of water a day, having 10 or 20 ounces of coffee isn't gonna kill me :)

You won't have sensations yet (hunger or fullness) though if you eat too fast or too much, you will get the foamies and possibly throw up, which is not fun, so it's best to weigh your protein and just focus on eating small amounts.

It's a crazy ride, but I am 2 years and 4 months post-op, maintaining around goal, and would do this surgery again everyday if I needed to!  Good luck on this journey!

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 7:26 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Friday Nikki and menu gang!  Sucks you have to work today! BLAH!! Crappy weather here too, I am so ready for Summer now!!

I have not traveled a lot, but we did a family Caribbean cruise a few years ago in 2012, we had a stop in St. Martin, we have a thing that every beach we go to we have to do the "kids" jump photo.  This is quite possibly my most HATED picture of myself, and just looking at it has made me all depressed (takes me back to dark times).  In this pic is my niece on the left, my husband, me in the blue cover up and my sister beside me.  I hate this photo of me!

Time since surgery 2 years + almost 5 months

Menu is the exact same as yesterday, I know boring right, but it works!

E: Just on my way out with hubby to take the dogs for a hike, should be interesting, everything still has a layer of ice on it!

V/W: vits are done, calcium on alarms, lots of coffee/tea/water with lemon

Now its 3 sleeps to A-MAW!! 

Have a great day all!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

mamata2
on 3/25/16 7:41 am

Your hubbie is a hottie 

Not dark days, just different, celebrate how far you've come :)

Also, in my heavy days I could NEVER have jumped that high.  You're killin' it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?