What's on your menu Photo Friday RNYers?

mamata2
on 3/25/16 9:04 am

Whoo hoo FREE DRINK!

Deanna798
on 3/25/16 9:36 am
RNY on 08/04/15

oooh, i'd love to go to Israel just for the history alone.  America is so young compared to the rest of the world.  I long to go somewhere that has 1000s of years of civilization piled up.  One of these days, when my youngest is old enough to leave for any length of time, I will go somewhere with real history..  Or, maybe I'll just take him with us.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

mschwab
on 3/25/16 1:59 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

England is amazing for history lovers. It's the Disneyland for history buffs. Rome too. That is crazy amazing. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

stacyrg
on 3/25/16 2:05 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Israel is amazing for the beauty of the country as well as the history.  I loved the combination of old and new co-existing together.  It really was a special trip!

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 10:16 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Italy is on our bucket list. I have heard amazing things about Israel too, we have a close set of friends who go every year, they just love Israel.  My boss went there for a conference a few years ago and then did a guided tour to Jordan, she said it was out of this world!

If you are training and need your yogurt then do what ya gotta do!! I understand.

Yay for free drinks! I have one waiting for me, I hate that you can't use your free drink on mobile order & pay, drives me nuts!

life_mirrors_art
on 3/25/16 9:19 am - Canada

Good morning! 

QOTD: everywhere I go in the world has something unique and beautiful to offer, from the beaches and gardens of Hawaii and La Jolla to the stunning mountain lakes in BC to the red beaches of PEI and the magnificent cathedrals of Florence - couldn't possibly choose just one! I've been fortunate enough to travel a fair bit through North America and Europe already, and still have a lot of world to explore.

Food for the next few days is up in the air, between Easter holidays and preparing for AMAW. I'm using up perishables in the fridge, and cooking beef and ham and chicken, so there is plenty of choice. On Sunday there will be one item of chocolate-hazelnut on my menu (a little Lindt bunny), but the rest will be protein-forward with a few veggies. I still miss the cheesy scalloped potatoes and pineapple upside-down cake from Easters past, but wouldn't trade them for my new lighter body and freedom of movement.

If it is warm and dry on Saturday,I will take a tour of a local maple sugar farm/harvest in a horse-drawn wagon. My fingers are crossed for good weather!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 10:22 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Mirrors, wow those are some awesome places you have been, jealous!! Well I have been to PEI, when I was a kid travelling with my parents, I don't really remember it much though, I was too little.

I love your thoughts on Easter dinner & the goodies.  "I still miss the cheesy scalloped potatoes.... but wouldn't trade them for my new lighter body and freedom of movement!!!!"  YES YES YES and YES!! That is so awesome! What was that famous line, I think Weigh****chers coined it "a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips" yup kind of the same idea.  Sure we all miss the goodies of the past (for me.... birthday cake) but I don't miss it as much as I love my healthy body, new wardrobe and being the wife that can now keep up with her super active husband!

Fingers crossed the maple sugar harvest goes as planned, want to see pics of that and your AMAW next week!! 

Dcgirl
on 3/25/16 12:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Beautiful pics, everyone!  I could not narrow down the most beautiful place to just one.  I thought and thought...I guess if there was a gun to my head and I had to pick JUST one, I would say Petra, the ancient city in Jordan.

I had a great start to my day - as you all know, I am always trying new classes out here in DC.  Well I did Orange Theory for the first time.  It's an interval training class and they have them all over the country.  It's a mixture of treadmill, rowing, and strength training.  Unfortunately today was "endurance day" which meant way more running than my sorry ass likes.  However.  What's awesome is that you have this heart rate monitor thing strapped around your torso, and there is a screen that shows your heart rate, calorie burn, and "splat" points.  It's also color coded.  So gray is like your resting heart rate, like 50.  Then green is your normal heart rate like you are walking.  Then orange is when you start to burn muscle, and red is really burning.  You get a "splat" point for every minute of orange or red.  Well I got 33 splat points which is great apparently - it means 33 of the 55 minutes my heart rate was in the orange or red.  I'm pretty happy about that.  It said I burned 595 calories in one hour.

On to today's menu:

B: Leftover ground turkey taco meat, light sour cream, guacamole, cheese

L: Parmesan chicken lollipops from Trader Joes, cucumber salad

D: Queso and chips, the shrimp from inside tacos

E: Orange Theory

I won't post calories and carbs as a. I can't guestimate and b. they will be much higher than you guys and gals in the losing phase would require.  My biggest fear starting out would be that I would have to eat like 1000 calories in maintenance.  Thank god that is not the case LOL.

Have a great weekend, all!

Daisydoo02
on 3/25/16 10:31 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Emily my boss also went to Petra, Jordan a few years ago, she was at a conference in Israel and added on vacation and did Jordan she said it was out of this world amazing.  That girl I am totalllllly jealous of, what awesome memories you have of your trips!

Your Orange Theory class scares the crap outa me! Wowzers!!!  Awesome job on the 33 points, that is some butt kicking for sure! I will have to see if they bring that to my gym I go to, I doubt it though, they are not that forward thinking there LOL

I need a Parmesan chicken lollipop!  ha ha ha, that sounds awesome, I am sure I could Pinterest it and find out how to do it on my own.

Its so true, we eat so different in maintenance, gone are our days of 600 calories a day... wait how did we went do that LOL LOL LOL

mschwab
on 3/25/16 12:08 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Hello my lovelies! I am still on Kaua'i, and loving it. Right now, this feels like the most beautiful place on earth. I also love Paris, San Francisco, all of Germany, the Swiss Alps, Sienna in Italy...  It is impossible to choose. So many gorgeous places in this world.

Sorry about all of you stuck in the ice and snow. We had an epic thunder and lightening storm last night ( loved it), and it rained 3 inches an hour.  Today still rainy, but I think I am still going to go to the botanical gardens. So I get a little wet. I won't melt. Much.  

Eating, as usual, up in the air. I am making fried rice with an egg on top for the gang for breakfast. I will skip the rice and just go for the egg.

No picture today. I can't figure out how to post them on an iPad. Any hints?  Have a great day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?