on 3/17/16 5:46 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Thanks!!! I might need to get 2 beers after the morning I have had already

RNY_elizabeth
on 3/17/16 8:55 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Bwahahahaha! Throat punch.... Yaaasss!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

karenp8
on 3/17/16 5:36 am - Brighton, IL

Not wearing green today and hate corned beef but love the cabbage. I do usually make some for hubby but he is out of town so I don't even have to smell it cooking. I did try to eat some last year but couldn't chew it enough to feel comfortable swallowing it so I had cabbage and some fish instead. Loved the story about the traffic lights though. Post op 42+ months and weight at 122 today. Exercise will be 3.2 miles at the park and 30 minutes on the bike. Also probably another 11/4 after supper with Lily. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz tuna with 1/2 c roasted veggies D 31/2 oz smoked sausage 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

cheapskate
on 3/17/16 5:45 am
RNY on 03/30/15

do I just pour a guinness over my food concoction in the crockpot?

AngryViking
on 3/17/16 5:50 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yep!  It couldn't be easier!

selhard
on 3/17/16 5:48 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Thanks for a bit of history and the corned beef-n-beer crock pot idea which my DH will be more than interested in.  I am going to break food routine today and eat our local pub's Scottish eggs (a boiled egg wrapped in ground sausage) after watching the World's Shortest St. Patrick's parade.  For a non-Irish region, we have two Irish bars next to each other.  The parade route starts at one bar and goes across the street to the other...maybe 50 feet. We had a snowstorm last night, so it'll be a sloppy mess adding to the craziness.  We WLSers are best off self-appointing ourselves the designated driver.

AngryViking
on 3/17/16 5:51 am, edited 3/16/16 10:48 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

That parade is hilarious!  And I love Scottish eggs.  I haven't had one in forever!  I think Eggface has a recipe...

Deanna798
on 3/17/16 6:49 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have some turkey breakfast sausage in the freezer, I am going to make some!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 3/17/16 6:05 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV and gang. I am Irish, probably about half, getting at least a quarter from each side of the family. My family name is actually a Scottish name on my dad's side, with a mix of English/Irish and on mom's side is Irish/English. My uncle on my dads side has told me that he has traced the family name back to at least the time of The sons and daughters of the revolution. I haven't seen it, so I will have to take his word for it. What I really am is half Kentucky hillbilly and half blue collar Detroiter. Though I do know that my great grandparents emigrated from England to Quebec in the early part of 1900's. My grandfather was born in Quebec, but moved to Detroit in 1934 when he was 8.

Okay, enough of my family history, I have other things to talk about. The first is about how I totally ROCKED my plan yesterday. At the end of the day I came in at 664 calories, 74 protein and 32 carbs. I felt satisfied, though there was a half an hour stretch during the afternoon where I was ravenously hungry. I just drank tea and pushed through it. When I got home i started dinner, kissed my hubby and kids and went for a walk/run. I did 1.44 miles in 24 minutes. If I didn't have to get back and finish dinner I would have kept going. I'm going to try to get out to do that as much as I cab. The hardest part was telling my kiddo that he couldn't go with me because he wants to walk with me and he's 2, so it takes forever. Maybe tonight I'll have him go on a family walk again, and then when we get done with our lap around the neighborhood, I'll break off and do a bit more challenging walk.

Now to something that I have to whine about. I woke up this morning and my face is in the middle of a severe rosacea flare. It's so bad I don't know what to do with myself. When it gets this bad I can't even put makeup on to cover it because it's so sensitive. I've attached a picture for your viewing pleasure... Any advice? I didn't do anything differently except eat very cleanly. As you can see from the picture, I'm wearing green!

So onto my plan for the day:

7.5 months since surgery

My stall is broken, and the scale is moving again.

B: 1 egg, 1 bacon, 1 slice of thin provolone. Coffee with cream and splenda

L: 2oz roast beef, 2oz ham with 1 slice of thin provolone and a pickle

D: 3.5oz chicken, stewed veggies that I made last night. It has cabbage, celery, onions and cauliflower with a few fresh tomatoes thrown in. Very low cal and yummy.

S: 2 carb master yogurts, 1 this afternoon and 1 this evening

totals:

Calories 674 protein 79 carbs 18 (WHAT?!?!) fat 32

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 3/17/16 7:12 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats on rocking your plan yesterday D, good for you!  Your sweater is lovely and goes with your eyes, very nice.  Sorry about your breakout, that does look painful, I hope you can get some relief.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?