What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Pokemom
on 3/17/16 12:05 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I loved the traffic light story too.  And I am wearing a turquoise necklace, which I hope counts as green. 

I have bad memories of St Patrick's day--trauma from my youth!  My older brothers, who were huge teases, would come into my bedroom really early in the morning and start pinching me, HARD, and giggle that I did not have on any green so they could pinch me as much as they wanted. And then they would pinch and pinch and giggle and pinch and squeal and tease and pinch and pinch and taunt and pinch.  I could not even get out of bed to get dressed in something green because they would keep pinching me.  Or, if I would say that the little flowers on my pajamas had green leaves, they would say they could not see them, that they were not really green, then keep pinching me.  I would scream and cry.  Very unhappy memories.  This morning, my 17 son was giggling and tease-threatening to pinch the 13 son who was wearing teal and putting on socks that had green stripes.  It about sent me over the roof.

I had another vein procedure yesterday to address severe problems with pelvic veins--an hour of needle injections in some very tender and private places.  Also, the doctor and his staff did/said some things that made me feel especially vulnerable and not listened to, related to some long-term frustrations I have had with this office's lack of communication.  So, it was a draining day--had to have a good cry in the doctor's office after the staff left while I was getting dressed again.

The day is half over--should I even post my eating plan?  I am having a lot of post-procedure pain and feeling just a little sorry for myself, but have not done bad eating!  Hooray for me.

B:  skipped, just had lots of crio bru

L:  leftover homemade chicken pot pie

S1:  leftover beef and brocolli

D:  Not sure--husband's late night.  And me not wanting to cook at all.  Probably fish tacos with frozen fish, cabbage, and sauce.  Tortillas and cheese for the kids.  That sounds like too much work and too much clean up.  How about:  I will have 17 son take the 13 and 11 sons out for a hamburger.  And I will eat ricotta bake from my freezer.

S2:  Some kind of cheese.  Slice of cheese.  Maybe a few slices of apple with that.

Daisydoo02
on 3/17/16 7:07 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Why are siblings so mean sometimes.  I got tears in my eyes reading how mean your brothers were, god you should have punched them in the nuts, who's laughing now eh boys?????  I am only imagine the PTSD you had this morning with your son teasing the other son, not a good way to start the day.

Your vein procedure sounds horrible. OMG you poor thing!  Bad enough to have pain but needles in private areas, Oh my you are strong! Sorry that the Dr's office sucks, hope you can turn that around or go somewhere else.  Its hard being vulnerable, really hard, I think you handled that really well.  

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you! Lots of hugs for you!! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 156 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?