What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYer?

peachpie
on 3/14/16 8:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning! Started my rainy Monday with a meeting (groan). Weekend was ok- worked Saturday, Sunday I battled snacking demons. I WILL get a handle on them. I know what I have to do- just gotta stop mulling it over in my head and ACT. If thoughts were dollars I'd be RICH.

QOTD- I used to collect shot glasses from places I visited. Then it became to cumbersome to dust (since I don't drink them) and I ended up recycling my entire collection.

Time since surgery: 10 months

M1: 2/3c Cream of wheat & 1/4c egg beaters

M2: Pineapple & apple

M3: Chicken drumstick, broccoli & carrots

M4: Roast chicken (that I didn't cook yesterday) & salad

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Capogirl
on 3/14/16 9:25 am

Good afternoon,

QOTD:  I used to collect several things, salt & pepper shakers, Snow Babies and the Dept 56 North Pole Series.  I no longer collect any of them and don't display any that I currently own.  I no longer have enough room and frankly don't want the upkeep, collections collect too much dust.  I do take out a few of the North Pole houses at Christmas, but that's it.  Everything is carefully packed in case my girls want any of it.

I did pretty well over the weekend even though I was busy making goodies for the party on Saturday.  Luckily I did not see any girl scouts!  But I hear they were at Stop & Shop! 

Time since surgery 10+ months:

B:  1/2 Fiber one english muffin w/cottage cheese, muscle milk 100

L: Mixed greens, ham, cheese and vinaigrette

D:  Unsure, maybe an omellete as I am having some dental work later today. 

stacyrg
on 3/14/16 9:31 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  My weekend was filled with some not so good choices.  On saturday I did the Komen 10K at Dodger Stadium.  It was the strangest race ever, since 4.8 of the 6.2 miles were uphill.  There were 3 of us running and we kept saying "we need to go downhill at some point."  Nope, not until the very end.  Anyway, I had a good calorie burn from it (although I burn more calories during my typical saturday workouts) and decided it entitled me to go completely off the rails.  I had some french fries at lunch and sweet potato fries at dinner.  Also, it's almost time for Purim (one of the many Jewish holidays) and at Purim you eat pastry called Hamentashen which are little triangle shaped pastries with fruit fillings (apricot, raspberry, cherry are some of the traditional flavors along with prune (yuck) and poppy seed (double yuck))  Who decides it would be a good idea to go to the bakery?  This girl.  I haven't had a single hamentashen in 2 years, but this year I apparently decided "what the hell!"  So I'm giving myself a "way to go, Stacy" right along with you, Kristen!  My brother came over yesterday to help us with some yard work and I sent him home with a majority of the bag.  I had my last piece last night and have vowed to get back on track.  I have to make it through one more weekend before hamentashen disappear for another year.  Damn you delicious Jewish holiday!

KQOTD - At the moment, I collect crystal perfume bottles.  It's my longest running collection and I have some really nice bottles, ranging from expensive, to things I find at local craft festivals.  When I was in law school, we (a friend and I) had a collection of happy meal toys going and we would keep them with us when we studied.  Law school does strange things to you!

Here's my plan.  I actually remembered to bring 90% of my food so it should be a better day than friday.  The only thing I forgot was part of my snack, so I think I'll survive!

B: 2/8 oz ground turkey, 1 egg, 1 oz shredded cheese

L: Tuna, touch of Mayo, touch of mustard over romaine lettuce

D: Tri Tip and Asian slaw

S: Light and fit (the snack I remembered to bring)

Totals: Cal: 884; Protein: 93g; Fat: 51g; Carbs: 15g

mamata2
on 3/14/16 9:52 am

Law school  = middle school on steriods :)

Way to kil the 10K.  All uphill?  That is my personal version of HELL!  

stacyrg
on 3/14/16 10:14 am
VSG on 05/12/14

It was miserable.  The LAPD Police Academy is up by the stadium and there were a bunch of rookie officers at one point and we asked them if we were ever going to go downhill.  They just laughed and laughed 

Emiepie
on 3/14/16 10:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Uphill running!?!?! you go girl.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 3/14/16 10:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I guess we should have clued in when we realized Dodger Stadium is in Chavez Ravine . . . at the bottom.  What we couldn't figure out is how the downhill portion was so much less than the uphill.  You'd think they would be an equal distance!

ladygodiva1228
on 3/14/16 9:58 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I had an amazing weekend.  Cleaned up the entire front yard after all the crappy storms the last couple of months.  Burnt 4 wheelbarrows of sticks and limbs and dumped 8 wheelbarrows of leaves and pine needles. 

Worked for 2 hours yesterday with my horses.  My 4 year old mare did very well.  It only took a minute to get the bit in of course it could have been because I put a little maple syrup on it.  And the best part she even let me lay across her back with the saddle on.  She is a smart mare and this is the first horse I have ever trained myself.  So far things are going well. 

As for collecting things?  Yea horse tack I have enough things to outfit 10 horses and guess what I'm doing this coming Sunday?  Going to a tack sale because I am an addict.  LOL.

B: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and 1 slice deli ham

L: King crab legs (left over from yesterday)

D: Baked chicken thigh with maybe a veggie if there is room

S: Yogurt

Vitamin patches on.  50oz water down. 30min on treadmill done

Grim_Traveller
on 3/14/16 10:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Pretty girl!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ladygodiva1228
on 3/14/16 12:51 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Thanks Grim she is my one and only home grown horse.  So happy how she has turned out so far.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 156 views