What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 3/11/16 9:37 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I can't eat a 1/2 cup.  I don't have the capacity.  I usually measure a not quite level 1/4 cup and it fills me nicely when the liquid is absorbed

karenp8
on 3/11/16 11:03 am - Brighton, IL

That's 1/2 c after cooking. I make big batches ahead of time and then measure out 1/2 c in the morning.

Daisydoo02
on 3/11/16 4:19 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

How's the RA Karen, are you getting relief?  Give Lily girl some snuggles and kisses my me!! Have an awesome weekend!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

mschwab
on 3/11/16 8:45 am
RNY on 11/21/14
stacyrg
on 3/11/16 9:03 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning, although about the only thing good about it is that it's friday.  I left home without any food (although it was all planned and neatly packaged) AND it's raining, AND I'm having a HUNGRY day.  So, I need to cobble together something to eat today from the scraps that remain in my office.  KQOTD - Los Angelenos (or at least the ones I grew up with) say "prom" as in "I'm going to prom."  Can't wait to read the thread and see the consensus!  One of these days I'll figure out how to post photos.  I have some on my profile page, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get them from my page into a post . . . just like I can't figure out how to post a profile picture.  And I thought I was technologically savvy  . . . guess not!  Oh, I'm running a 10k tomorrow to raise funds for Susan G. Kommen.  I'm running with my sister in law who is a 7 year breast cancer survivor.  The race is around Dodger stadium which is HILLY and partially in a park with running trails, so it no doubt will be muddy.  Wish me luck!!

Here's the cobbled together plan (although I reserve the right to buy actual food if the rain stops):

B: 1/3 of an 8 oz container of cottage cheese and a wedge of cantaloupe

L: 2.8 oz of chicken thigh meat

D: haven't got a clue.  It was the one hole in my menu

S: Light and fit (if there's one at the back of my work fridge, Skinny vanilla latte and somersaults

Clearly not a stellar menu

Not even going to bother with totals, since my menu is abysmal!

mamata2
on 3/11/16 11:32 am

Good luck on your 10K!  I have the Shamrock Shuffle 10K on Sunday!  

stacyrg
on 3/11/16 12:20 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Good luck to you, too!  I;m not expecting a great time given the mud, but it should be fun and for a good cause.  How's your weather?

mamata2
on 3/11/16 1:40 pm

55 and rain 

Daisydoo02
on 3/11/16 4:24 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Bummer no photo Stacy!! Next time girl!!

Good luck on the run tomorrow, what a wonderful cause for sure.   Love that you and your SIL have a bond and run together.  Tell her congrats from me on being 7 years cancer free!  BIG HUGS 

Hate when I forget my food as well, just puts me in a bad mood and I feel "off" all day... make sure you fuel up tonight for tomorrow!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

stacyrg
on 3/11/16 4:31 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Thanks, I will!  My sister in law is who inspired me to start running.  She has ran triathlons before and I would always go and cheer her in.  She ran her first half marathon 4 months before my surgery and I told her that I was going to run the same one the following year with her.  It was my post surgery goal.  Her race was Tinker Bell.  As luck would have it, the moved the date of the race the following year from January to May.  It was exactly 2 days before my 1 year surgery anniversary.  It was the BEST way to celebrate.  She ran the whole thing right by my side and we've been running together ever since!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?