2 days post op

Stempel
on 3/2/16 7:32 am
RNY on 02/29/16

Surgery was on Monday, came home from the hospital last night. In all honesty I feel much better than I thought I would! I know every one had different experiences but so far mine has been great!

Working on drinking fluids every 15 minutes to attempt to stay hydrated and trying not to sleep that often. Even though the pain meds make me pretty sleepy. 

Today's the last day I can really nap. Tomorrow I have to be awake for 16 hours to get enough fluid in me. So I have a friend coming over to do her best to keep me awake.

Did anyone else have trouble staying awake long enough to get your fluids in right after surgery?. Do you have any tips to help?

35 yrs HW 257 CW 224. Surgery date 2/29/16 with Dr. Jeffery Baker

White Dove
on 3/2/16 7:36 am - Warren, OH

You can nap tomorrow.  You don't have to stay awake to sip fluids every 15 minutes.  Your swelling will go down and you will be able to drink more each time.  I kept a bottle of water next to the bed and sipped and went back to sleep.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 3/2/16 8:02 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Trouble staying awake is an understatement;  I took 2-3 long naps a day for the first three weeks.  Sleep is important so I suggest not forcing yourself to stay awake.  I sat in a recliner with a pillow propping up a water bottle stuck in the corner of my mouth.  Water seeped in without me thinking about it or trying--- even when snoozing.  Sounds corny but it worked.  Sleep, sip, walk.  Sleep, sip, walk.  Sleep, sip, walk.

Kathyjs
on 3/4/16 7:03 pm

Bless your heart. Sleep when you are tired. Drink when you are awake. I smile when I see what experience shows me a person who will be successful . Been here on OH for 14 years, at goal for years. I still sleep with water beside my bed. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views