What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 3/2/16 9:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

My current name would be Nikolai Atoll which doesn't work At ALL!  I need to think of all these things next time I name a pet . . . or move.

chassibi
on 3/2/16 10:01 am

Sophie 62...not impressed.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 3/2/16 10:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I don't know, you could go for a futuristic sexbot thing...  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 3/2/16 10:21 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Gorgeous Boy!! Didn't know you had three cats! Thanks for sharing!  You know I am that crazy animal lover lady! Post more!

G2GAWAY
on 3/2/16 9:09 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

First pet and street name....Fluffy San Gabriel.  Current pet and street name....Sassy Alhambra or Miss Kitty Alhambra.  All good possibilities; however, I will need plastic surgery to repair the sagginess before I change careers.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Pokemom
on 3/2/16 9:38 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Our pup's name is Fresca, and my kids and I keep joking about giving her a YouTube channel, which we would call "Say Yes to the Fress."

Nerdy_girl
on 3/2/16 8:40 am - MD

Good Morning.  I haven't checked the thread or posted for a while but am happy to be back for now.  It's windy here this morning, but not quite so bad as to blow the trees over.  They are predicting snow for tomorrow evening.  I'm hoping they are wrong but my 15-year-old nephew who just moved in with us two weeks ago is praying for snow because I told him I'd give him $20 bucks every time he does all the shoveling for me. I suspect this may be the first of what will likely be many rookie parenting mistakes I make.  If it's an inch of no-shoveling-needed snow, I'm sure he'll be out there shoveling anyway for the cash. 

QOTD: Reese Dominique would be my stripper name.  

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner, so my totals are estimated. 

Time since surgery: 13 years

B: Protein Coffee

S: Vanilla Greek Yogurt

L: Leftover lamb, eggplant and tomatoes stewed together.

S: Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese Stick. Also maybe a chai latte because I am beyond tired today

D: chicken and vegetables of some sort.

S: Tea and Chocolate flavored Tea Biscuits

Totals: 1,056 Cals, 99g Protein, 73g Carbs, 32g Fat.

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Deanna798
on 3/2/16 10:20 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Hey, glad to see you back!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Pokemom
on 3/2/16 8:42 am
RNY on 12/29/14

A busy morning, but I had to read all the responses because the QOTD was so funny.

Mine is Cinder North.  I would be the evil stripper in the Bad Santa movie.

Behavior goals:

1. Doing well on the "sit down to eat to avoid grazing" goal.  It makes me realize just how many little nibbles I have been taking.  Must continue this and report on it every day.  I think this is my very worst habit, and I must stop it.  I have been thinking in terms of what it might mean to be "sober," and definitely this would have to be on my list of "what sober means."

2.  Also doing well on the MFP recording!  Again, total calories are OK, but not as low as they should be.  1250 yesterday, 400 of which were just embarrassing.   First step:  use MFP to confess and be accountable to myself.  Next step:  avoid shameful eating.  Hoping the data approach of MFP will take the shame away--it just is, without morality attached, and then I work with and adjust my daily data.

Dealing with a lot of grief--I mean genuine grief, that is just going on and on, since some family events a couple of years ago.  I have been looking at some books called "Unattended Sorrow" and "Ambiguous Loss."  Is anyone familiar with these books  or their concepts?

I am also considering asking my doctor for an antidepressant.  I feel that maybe the grief and sorrow have become habitual and systemic, and maybe a med would help me break the cycle.  I have only used antidepressants twice in the past--I had bad reactions both times, so I am nervous about asking.  Are there some antidepressant types that we need to avoid after WLS?

In a hurry now, but here's today's plan:

B:  Scrambled egg and cheddar and grape tomatoes

L:  Ricotta bake and cauliflower

D:  Fish tacos for the family--I will have the fish, cabbage, and spicy sauce, but no tortilla

Snack options that are speedy and are better choices than yesterday's:  Fage yogurt, Kind bar, Coastal cheddar and apple

Happy stripper Wednesday everyone!

Sarafer
on 3/2/16 9:44 am
RNY on 01/14/16

Good for you for putting this all into writing! Some wonderful goals here and they will only make you feel better. I think asking about meds is a wise decision my friend. I've not been told of anything in particular to avoid, except be sure it's not extended release. I am now much more sensitive to missing even one dose of mine than I was before- likely because it's already going through my system quickly.

RNY: 1/14/16    Age: 34   Height: 5'4"  SW: 280

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views