What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 2/19/16 5:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Woohoo Friday-- and a GREAT Friday it is I might add, since my boss has decided to step down from her position! Ding dong- the witch is dead! OMG the joy coming from my office today is indescribable! Of course no mention of who I'd be reporting to in the interim-- that will make things quiet awkward for some time. and I was up crazy with worry last night because all of the crap that she has essentially dropped in my lap for me to figure out. 

Today I leave early as my youngest gets his braces on. He's been talking me to death about it ALL week. Thank God the day is finally here! My sister is coming over tomorrow- we always have a barrel and a half of laughs together. NO activities for any kids tomorrow either-- so its a true "weekend" day.

Time since surgery 9+ months

M1: 1/2 c egg beaters, 2.4oz turkey Canadian bacon

M2- Oven backed chicken Parmesan (no pasta, just the chicken)

M3-4: Up in the air, but hubby mentioned going out to celebrate my boss leaving-- I'm so good with that!!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 5:59 am

It is hard to look not excited when someone quits their job. 

Emiepie
on 2/19/16 6:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, great news for you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/16 7:12 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Nothing better then getting rid of horrible bosses!  Celebrate that for sure!!  Hope all goes well with your son and his braces, I had braces for years, was not fun, end results were great, but the pain... let's not talk about it.  Have a blast with your sister!! Enjoy your weekend.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dee6504
on 2/19/16 5:59 am
RNY on 12/17/15 with

Not too much on the agenda this weekend. My husband is training for a NorthFace 50K in May so he will be doing a long run this weekend, so I must find something to do that will occupy the littles. Normal Saturday Gymnastics, then maybe I'll take them to lunch somewhere and it's supposed to be nice out so maybe we can go for a long walk somewhere. Summer cannot get here soon enough so we can be outside all weekend.

Time since surgery:  9 weeks

S:  Double Scoop Unjury Strawberry Shake

B:  Smoked Ham and Swiss Cheese

L:  Tuna Fish Snack and Go, no crackers

D:  Well I ended up having tilapia and asparagus last night instead of brats so I guess we'll cook them tonight.

S:  Unjury Shake

TOTALS:  Cals:  699  Protein:  96  Carbs:  22  Fat:  21

Have a great weekend!

H/W 260, S/W 237, CW 140.4

Deanna798
on 2/19/16 6:19 am, edited 2/18/16 10:26 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning AV. So, I am posting three pictures at the bottom. The first is a really cool image that I swiped from a lady on Bariatric Foodies' Challenge page yesterday. I thought it was really cool.

The second is of me last Saturday in my fancy dress. My husband took the picture of me in our hotel room before we went down to dinner. I was thinking of you guys!

The third is my and my youngest playing with our mustaches on Valentines Day.

So, I'm feeling better today. My husband got home in time for dinner last night, and I slept pretty damn awesome. I got on the scale and was down 1.5lbs from yesterday morning, so the stall is officially over. I made a good choice last night when I had the munchies and I made a cup of Unjury chicken soup broth and threw the leftover veggies in it from dinner. I ate half of it and was super full, and it kept me on plan! I've got a whole container of that Chicken Soup protein and I just opened it last night, I'll be using this in the evening if I get the munchies. For some reason it was very satisfying last night and I'm hoping to use it regularly.

A good friend of ours is coming to our house for dinner tomorrow night and I want to cook a special meal.  He's a 40 year old bachelor who teaches experimental animation at our very prestigious art school here in Detroit.  He lives on takeout and what little cooking he does on his own.  I want it to be special, but I told him I won't make pasta.  Any suggestions?  Also, he's single and available ladies, let me know if you're interest. 

Last night my husband came in, looked at the kitchen and said "We'll be eating dinner out tomorrow night." I laughed. I have a groupon for a local restaraunt that is a fantastic deal, so we'll be going tonight. I'll get the London Broil with a side of steamed veg, and I will eat 1 onion ring from the appetizer that comes with it. So, here's my plan for the day:

6.5 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, 4 turkey pepperoni and 1/2oz mozzarella on 1/2 a low carb torilla, coffee with cream and splenda

L: shredded chicken in enchilada sauce, 1/2oz mozzarella, greek yogurt and salsa on 1/2 a low carb tortilla

D: London Broil in burgandy wine and mushroom au jus, roasted veg, and 1 small onion ring.

S: Light and Fit Greek Strawberry yogurt

I'm not logging an evening snack because of the onion ring and the fact that I'll be eating lots of dense protein.

Edit*

forgot my totals:

Calories 743 Protein 81 Carbs 37 fat 31

have a great weekend everyone!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/16 7:41 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love the first pic, that expression "a picture is worth a 1000 words..."  that picture speaks to me on many levels.  I love your dress, you look wonderful in it.  I can see your confidence in your smile and pretty sure you felt like a million bucks in that dress, keep wearing clothes like this Deanna, you look really pretty.  And of course you and your Munchkin are just adorbs!!

Proud of you for conquering your evening snack dilemma!  That is awesome news.  You have figured out what you need and found something you like so its a win win.  Its all "downhill" from here (meaning downhill weight loss!!!)  LOL LOL - trying to be funny!

YAY on your 1.5 loss, glad the scale is moving again for you. 

In six short months since you have been posting I have seen your transformation, you are losing the weight, working on your emotional and mental "demons" (and WE ALL HAVE THEM!!!!!!) and you are really "getting" the WLS lifestyle.  Keep up the great work!

Suggestions for your 40 yr old single friend for dinner... my first thought was something in the crock pot, like chili or stew or something like chicken pot pie. Then you can send him home with leftovers in a ziploc container so at least he can have a home cooked meal another day or two. Make things he can "take away" home made biscuits and a pie or cake, and by giving those away you are not temped to eat it!

Enjoy your dinner out and have a great weekend.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

melissasue1982
on 2/19/16 6:24 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Let's see, this weekend the boys, my husband and I all have hair cuts (and color for me).  Then we will continue to unpack the eleventybillion boxes we have left to unpack.  Then having a little Birthday thing for Hubby, just the kids and my parent's.  I will make pizza and a cake.

10 months 1 week since surgery

M1: 1c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

M2: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt, w/ 15g slivered almonds, 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes

M3: Leftover homemade meatloaf, w/ velveeta slice in 1/3 of a Joseph's lavash wrap

M4: Hard boiled egg w/ dill pickles

M5: 2oz chicken breast, sauteed bell pepper and onions, 1oz RF cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp salsa (everyone else is having fajitas, so I am having the insides)

Going to try and NOT have my nightly snack if I can help it.  Kind of in a "stall" right now, well its the tail end of shark week....so its expected, but still would like to see some downward movement.

Totals: Cals: 846  Protein: 95  Carbs: 43  Fat: 34

It was SOOOOO COLD here last weekend, I sat in front of our gas stove thingy and I had some company.

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Deanna798
on 2/19/16 6:41 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Your kids are just too cute!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 2/19/16 6:54 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Thanks!   I tell them often that they are LUCKY they are cute!! HAHA

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?