on 2/9/16 4:03 pm - MD

Web pages visited often:  Ebay, Amazon, Pintrest

Breakfast: one believe shake, one half scrambled egg

Snack: high protein PNB spread 1 tsp

Lunch: 2 TB tunafish with cut olives and a tiny bit of mayo

Snack 1/2 premier protein shake

Dinner 5 bites of boiled chicken

Snack believe chai tea

Not sure of totals but I'm sure I'm not eating enough.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Pokemom
on 2/9/16 9:12 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

OK, it is so totally late at night that maybe it's silly to even post here!  But I just finished reading through all the posts, and for anyone who sees this, I really appreciate this thread each day and the feeling of camraderie.  Thanks, all.

I have some surgical procedures tomorrow and Thursday, so I probably will not be posting much this week at all.  I have kind of been MIA on this thread this week--so much craziness all around.

Tomorrow I am having a stent put into my iliac vein.  I have really bad pelvic congestion syndrome--have had for many years.  I have had 3 pelvic venograms in the past, one just 2 weeks ago, where they embolize problem pelvic veins, and I have also had a hysterectomy related to this pain.  The pelvic pain eased immediately after the hysterectomy--I had no idea that people lived without that pain and heaviness!  It was so awesome!  But the pain returned gradually over that next year.  It has progressed now to where the pelvic pain is so strong sometimes that it keeps me awake at night.  So the doctors think my iliac vein may be compressed by the iliac artery.  This is a thing called May-Thurner syndrome.  It is not certain that this is my situation, but I am really hopeful that this procedure might provide the doctors with more information and make a difference!  It is about all they have left of ideas.  So, wish me luck.

My husband--who is truly a lovely person--sometimes gets agitated when I am not well, or am down (I mean when I am physically down, like resting), especially if it dovetails with significant stresses in his own life.  It has taken me many years to understand this pattern, and I now recognize it is related to his childhood--alcoholic father, chronically ill mother.  When I show vulnerability it can create significant stress for him at a deep level that I am not sure he always even recognizes--it can trigger something deep inside him, and instead of him showing support, he withdraws or criticizes.  So I tend to not share with him how much pain I am in, and when I have procedures like this, I get quite wary--unsure of what it might bring, and I have to rely on friends if I need to be vulnerable.  This is hard sometimes, but I do see it as my best path to care for myself and those I love.  Anyhow, so wish me luck in this way too!

Happy week to all.

NYMom222
on 2/9/16 9:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good luck with the procedures...hope you get relief..

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

G2GAWAY
on 2/9/16 10:16 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I'm a West Coaster, so I read this thread sometimes during my lunch on my phone (if I am by myself), and catch up late at night.  

Good luck with the procedure. I hope if provides the relief you are seeking.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

kerbear1969
on 2/10/16 4:31 am - MD

Best if luck with the procedure, prayers headed your way!

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

AngryViking
on 2/10/16 4:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Goodness!  Best of luck with your surgeries!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?