What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/2/16 5:01 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I'm battling a headache this morning; the weather has gone nuts and all this barometric pressure change is wreaking havoc on my brain.  LOL  And the worst part is that Tylenol seems to do nothing for me.  You know what?  I miss ibuprofen. 

Question of the Day!  What song is running through your mind right now?  You know how you hear a song on the radio and then you're singing it to yourself for days?  I swear, Cake By the Ocean has been on repeat in my head for like a week now.  Hey!  Maybe that's why I have a headache.  LMAO  So, what's your earworm today?

Time since surgery:  18 1/2 months

B:  Light and Fit Greek banana cream yogurt with 16 gms of Special K protein cereal

S:  turkey pepperoni with a LC wedge and celery sticks

L:  Buffalo chicken salad on 34 degree crackers and a 2% sharp cheddar stick

D:  chipotle black bean burger topped with a Velveeta slice and an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  846  Protein:  94  Carbs:  68  Fat:  29

Have a great day you guys!

KnittingPoet
on 2/2/16 5:27 am - Raleigh, NC

I'm sipping on my breakfast protein drink now and preparing a shopping list for my wife. I've been trying to get better with pre-planning meals. We didn't make it to the grocery store this weekend ?.

Song stuck in my head: Loves Me Like a Rock (Paul Simon)

AnnyBananny
on 2/2/16 5:27 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm always so happy when I log onto OH and this thread is started the first time I check! Not that you're usually delinquent or anything, it's just makes me gleeful.

But your QOTD scares me - I'm SURE if I come back and read all the answers that those songs will become stuck in my head too. Adele is stuck in my head and has been for like two weeks - it's ridiculous. Times when belting out "Hello from the other side" are all too common... 

Time since surgery: 2 years is creeping up

B: coffee with cream, overnight oats with PB2 and a scoop of unflavored protein powder

S: a Cottage Double

L: Quest bar on the way to a doctor's appointment

S: TJ's Omega Trek mix

D: turkey meatballs

S: popcorn and Chobani tube post-workout

TOTALS: Calories 1119, Protein 93, Carbs 118 (eeek! Maybe I should switch out that popcorn, ok, I KNOW I should), Fat 44

V/W: started

E: BodyPump night

Only working a half day today as I have an afternoon doctor's appointment. My blood pressure has continued to be high and we've been trying several different meds to remedy the situation. The doc is a bit baffled by the spike, especially given my dramatic weight loss, etc. We're trying to get the BP under control and then she'll try to figure out the underlying cause :-( Seems as though the most recent med switch is working though, so that's good at least. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 2/2/16 6:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope the Dr can give you some answers on the BP issue and that the new meds continue to help.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/16 12:00 pm

I am on BP meds still. I was hoping to go off of them. No such luck. I feel better than I did so I will take it. I hope he can figure out why your BP is so high. 

Stress can always be a factor. 

AnnyBananny
on 2/2/16 2:04 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks for your concern, all - the doc was happy with where my BP is now with the new meds. When I asked her if we needed to do more testing she said not at this point. If this med hadn't have worked then she would have done more testing, but because the low dose of an appropriate med is working for me - we can keep it at this. 

Stress is certainly a factor and my new job has A LOT of it, so I also think that working with my new therapist and being back on anti-anxiety meds will help!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

supershopper
on 2/2/16 5:38 am

My song stuck this morning is Clarity by Zedd. Its one of my playlist for my walking/jogging/prancercizing that I do a few times a week.

Feeling like a million things are due and struggling a bit.

B: trying something new. Coffee iced with 1/2 scoop of cinnamon bun protein (trying to not rely on 1 shake a day and get it from 'real' food)

S: 1/2 quest

L: tuna and hummus

S: not sure

D: turkey chili

S: probably the other 1/2 quest bar

Not sure of calories but will be under 650

exercise: I might try to do a dance video dvd or something. We have workers at our house so it will either have to be when they are at lunch or after they leave.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

karenp8
on 2/2/16 5:53 am - Brighton, IL

The song that is my absolute favorite right now is Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett. Yes I love country music in all forms! Post op 41 months and weight at 121.8 today. Exercise may be 4 miles on the treadmill as it is raining here. I will also do 30 minutes on the bike this afternoon. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added  L 31/2 oz smoked sausage and 1/2 c caprese salad D 31/2 oz strip steak that we didn't have last night and 1/2 c caprese salad S Greek yogurt. Have a great day all and make some smart choices!

mamata2
on 2/2/16 6:02 am

I love that song too!  I also LOVE country music.  Brad Paisley is playing here on Friday night and no one will go with me :(

karenp8
on 2/2/16 6:07 am - Brighton, IL

If I were close I would go with you. He's another of my favorites!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 405 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 382 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 379 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?