What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

obxhatteraslight
on 1/27/16 10:00 am, edited 1/27/16 2:21 am - baldwinsville, NY

Late check in again today. Going back to Surgeon tmw this nausea is too much!! Btwn Gas X and Zofran nothing working.

My name is Aimee. I am a Private Duty Self Employed Home Care Nurse. I have been a nurse for almost 23 years. I do not really enjoy my job its really a game of feast or famine. I am married to a wonderful man. He is the son of one of my school nurses from Elementary and Middle School. He does a lot for me and our kids. My kids are 10 months apart my DS just turned 21 and my DD just turned 20. They are both in college so pretty quiet around here most of the time. Well that is unless you count my 3 Cats!! Love them like family....I live in Baldwinsville NY a suburb of Syracuse. I am 43 years young LOL.

Thanks AV for putting the Harlem Globetrotters music in my head!! 

What I ate yesterday....

Bkft Egg Puff

Lunch Spicy Black Bean Burger velveeta egg

Dinner Chicken Cordon Blue and Zucchini

Snack Nothing 

robinreinhardt
on 1/27/16 10:12 am

I'm Robin from California. I am 60 and retired from Real Estate. I have been overweight for the last 20 years. I am so happy and proud that I have lost 100 pounds. I could not have done it without my RNY and this site. Thank you all for your support.

Also, I have 4 grown children and 8 grandchildren. Love them all to pieces. I am married to the love of my life and he works hard for a pet food company. 

Time since surgery 13 months

B Hardboiled egg

L 1/3 c chicken

D shrimp

E 40 mins power walk

Have a great hump day everyone!

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 12:19 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Thanks for the pep talk gals, I made it until 2:45 without having my snack.  I'm feeling okay now, but I'm wondering if my pouch isn't irritated or something because I kinda feel that hunger thing going on.  I'm going to pound some water to see if that helps, like maybe I'm getting dehydrated.  I've also had a history of ulcers before surgery, so I may start taking my omeprazole again if this persists.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

ChrisSteak
on 1/27/16 5:31 pm
RNY on 02/20/15

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I've been lurking for a while now. This daily thread is my favourite. I check it out before every other thread.

A little about me...My name is Chris. I am 48 and live in a small community in Ontario, Canada. I have two grown sons and one grandson. I work at a hospital as a receptionist. I have a wonderful, supportive man who I love to bits! He is a few years older than me and much wiser. LOL! I had my RNY on February 20, 2015. My one year surgiversary is next month. I am down 98 pounds from my heaviest. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

karenp8
on 1/27/16 6:46 pm - Brighton, IL

We are so happy to have you join us! The more the merrier!

cpcampbell
on 1/28/16 5:14 am

Welcome!  This place is one of my daily stops......I love it and I think you'll enjoy as well.

Emiepie
on 1/28/16 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome and congrats on your success this far.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

phibbmom
on 1/27/16 8:01 pm

As usual, late to the party!  What a great thing to do - have everyone talk about themselves!  I loved reading everyone's story!

My name is Michelle.  I'm 49 years old, I live right outside of Annapolis, MD and right now I'm not working.  I have worked for lawyers for 20 years.  Two years ago the attorney that I worked for left our firm suddenly and I was part time and they started me on an as needed basis.  I go in 3 - 4 times a year for a few days.  I'm ready for my husband to retire and just travel :)   I have managed to fill my schedule with PTSO stuff and my baby is on the robotics team at her high school so I volunteer there was well.  I have two great daughters.  One is a junior at the University of South Carolina and the other is a junior in high school.  I have two furry babies too - both are dachshunds and both are spoiled rotten.  They are my buddies!  I have become obsessed with shopping.  Two favorite new phrases:  "I can't believe it fits."  "OMG this tastes so good."  I think I ate everything so fast before I never focused on how it tasted.  My daughters joke all the time . . . "Does it taste soooo good???"

Time since surgery:  16 mos

B:  2 eggs scrambled

L:  turkey Grueben with no bread from Zoe's and rosemary northern beans

D:  Lobster tail, snap peas

S:  SF hot chocolate with protein powder

Exercise:  Walked on treadmill w/run intervals (first time since my shoulder surgery YAY!!!!)

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

G2GAWAY
on 1/27/16 10:01 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Hi everyone.  My name is Cory. I love this thread every day and I appreciate today's question.  I have felt like everyone else knows each other, so am excited to learn a bit about everyone.  I am 53 years old, married 32 years, with fraternal twin daughters who just turned 22. I was an average weight until my early 20's (shortly after I was married I suppose).  I gained weight and lost 77 pounds to get to my goal weight on Weigh****chers, which lasted about 1 hot minute and then I eventually gained it all back, and another 78 or so over the next 20 years. I only wish I had made the decision to have this surgery years ago. It has been life changing. I have lost 110 pounds since May, and have 40-50 pounds more to go, but am confident that I will get there.

I was born and raised in Southern California (so I am on Pacific time and get on here usually after most of you are done for the day), love to travel (just returned from 2 weeks in Thailand with my husband and kids to celebrate that they both graduated from college last year), love musical theater and any other form of live entertainment (saw the Harlem Globetrotters about 5 years ago just because I felt I needed to see them once), and I love my job working as a Finance Analyst for the County of San Bernardino.

I don't log my food in an attempt not to be overly compulsive about this since I tend to be all or nothing. So far it is working. I'm not opposed to it, but tend to go over the top sometimes.  But I do enjoy reviewing everyone's menus. I typically have half a Premier Protein shake (30 grams of protein) every morning and fini**** up at the end of the work day on my way home. I have some type of dense protein for lunch, typically chicken or shrimp with some salad or vegetables. Today I had a scallop skewer and salad.  Tonight I am not feeling like eating much, so had a greek yogurt (15 grams of protein). Usually I have more protein for dinner and a babybel cheese for snack (7 grams of protein).  

Anyway, thanks for sharing and all of the help you provide to people who lurk and don't post.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Nerdy_girl
on 1/28/16 8:41 am - MD

I do PR for a government agency -- which isn't as miserable as it sounds.  I'm 37 and live in MD with my husband and our westie. I had surgery 13 years ago, and never got close to goal. About a year and a half ago, I made the decision to try to "finish what I started" and so far I've lost 105 lbs. I still have really far to go, but I'm enjoying being on the journey with you all, albeit at a much, much, much, much slower pace.   

I'm a data nerd and a little OCD.  In fact, right now I'm writing this post before having read all the others (because otherwise I know I won't have time to do it) and it's really bothering me because usually I make sure to read them all before posting. Since I like numbers, I've found that my smartphone and Apple watch are a close second to my gastric bypass as tools that are helping me in this journey.  None of these things were around 13 years ago -- or at least they weren't as ubiquitous.  Being able to track my food, my steps, my workouts, my water intake, my weight -- it's so helpful in keeping myself accountable.  You can't lie to yourself about how much you ate, or how often you went to the gym this month when the truth is staring at you.  

I've been working from home for the last two weeks - the first week because my husband had surgery and needed help, and the second because of #Snowzilla.  Somehow the combination of being at home and the snow has thrown my eating off track -- I'm craving carbs like a pregnant woman.  I've not been posting while I've been working from home, so I decided to come back today because I need the accountability and to go though the exercise of making the daily food plan.

B: Protein Coffee

S: Tea

L: Two hard-boiled eggs, string cheese

S: Homemade Chai Latte

D: Stuffed Peppers with lean ground beef and vegetables

S: Tea biscuits and tea

Totals: 1,018 Cals, 100g Protein, 80 Carbs, 31 Fats. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views