What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 1/27/16 10:13 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I think it's funny that you're licensed and that we have some of the same interests!  I don't think it's ever too late to start again.  Did you practice in the past?  If so, what kind of law??  I'm in a law rut.  I don't hate the work I do, but there are mornings when I'm at Starbucks and I think to myself that barista would have been a better career path.  It's when I have days like that that I think it's time to start planning a vacation!

mamata2
on 1/27/16 10:17 am

LOL!  I came out of law school in 2005 and the market was ****  I was pregnant with #2 when I took the Bar and decided to be a stay-at-home mom out of financial necessity for the first 2 years.  I tried to find a law job and there was nada so I went and got an MBA in HR and Finance.  I tried to set up a solo practice (did a bit of family law and landlord tenant) but the market was over saturated.  So no, I haven't REALLY practiced :(  Sometimes I think about trying again...

stacyrg
on 1/27/16 10:30 am
VSG on 05/12/14

You should go for it!  Maybe try volunteering at legal aid clinics in your spare time (LOL, Like you have any!)  Get your feet wet and see if it's something you even like.  There are days when I absolutely love it, and days that I loathe it but I still think it was the career path that fit me the best.

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 9:46 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Omg, you guys.  Breakfast and lunch down and I'm RAVENOUS.  I didn't bring anything extra other than my afternoon snack (light and fit yogurt) and a power crunch bar. 

I ate half the bar and I'm still dying here. I don't want the yogurt until after 2, so I have 1.5 hours at the earliest. Someone talk me down. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 1/27/16 9:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I HATE those big pouch kind of days, where you could just unhinge your jaw and tip the fridge back.  Stay strong!! 

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/16 10:01 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ugh! Big pouch days SUCK! But a million times I've read here "Hunger is not an emergency!" and I've been reminding myself of that lately and it helps me. It's annoying and nagging, but....

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 1/27/16 10:08 am

WATER WATER WATER!  Get up and take a walk.  Then try more water!  I have had a lot of these days and distraction works wonders!

obxhatteraslight
on 1/27/16 10:19 am - baldwinsville, NY

Walk away from those cravings!! (((HUGS)))

I taught myself to do the granny square from a library book many moons ago but I have not graduated to anything else.... UGHHH

stacyrg
on 1/27/16 10:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Are you drinking?  sometimes I can fool myself with flavored water or tea.  Hot tea seems to curb my hunger.  Stay strong!

karenp8
on 1/27/16 12:07 pm - Brighton, IL

Drink drink and drink some more! You can beat this! We know you can!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 161 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?