What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

cpcampbell
on 1/27/16 7:09 am, edited 1/26/16 11:08 pm

Good Morning! Happy Hump Day!

A little about me:  My name is Carla, I'm 53 years old, I'm a single parent and I have one child (son - 11 years old). I live in Florida and my professional background is Education. Most of my previously held positions were Regional Director of Education, Academic Dean, etc. since my previous university closed, it has been difficult finding a job.  So, I'm thinking about relocating....Not sure where yet. I love reading, listening to music (jazz and classical) and I very involved in my Church. So, that's a little about me.

Time since surgery:  8 years - RNY (September 2008)

Have a CRAZY day ahead and didn't plan adequately so I'm going to pack loads of protein in my bag today:

B: Coffee, Chobani Yogurt: Mango

S: Ready, Snack, GO! Roasted Turkey w/hot pepper

L: Chicken Stew

D: Salad w/baked chicken

S: Low Fat Mozzarella cheese (1 stick) - If hungry

* Didn't add totals this morning cause I'm running late. I have a interview this morning.   Will update them later.

Make it a POWERFUL Day! 

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 7:24 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers for your interview.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 1/27/16 7:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hi I am Cynthia aka Cyndy... Friends and family call me Cyndy but I never introduce myself that way. Live on Long Island in NY in case you don't know where that is. Born and bred New Yawker... Have been in my home almost 32 years. Love my backyard with my built in pool... I call it "My little bit of Paradise"... Come and visit, I pretty much run a bed and breakfast... When friends come to town they stay with me....from one to families of 5 or 6...LOL.  Have a nice guest bed in the Basement with a private bath.

My career has been in Mental Health. I decided to leave it when my son was in elementary school so I could Homeschool him. I homeschooled him through High School, it was a gift. (also became single Mom through divorce when he was 7.)  I am very proud of him. He graduated highschool when he just turned 17, entered graduate school by 20. Went to seminary, met his bride, graduated and got married at 23.... now baby #2 is due anyday and he is 28.

When I left my job 17 years ago the asked me to be on the Board of Directors. I am now the President... of the local our county Mental Health Association (Not-for-profit). I also do tutoring, do the bookkeeping for my church, and teach painting classes, mostly at the local library but I will do private and group classes too.

Had a rough day yesterday, godiva chocolate may have been involved...

B: tea, premier protein

L: Egg salad

S: Hummus, celery

D: Chicken soup

S: Hot premeir protein

E: 21-day-fix- Done!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

snow_white
on 1/27/16 7:34 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

good morning yall.  i.   missed you guys yesterday.  i havent been able to eat but i did get my protien in via drinks.  i was like wow maybe ill loose some weight since i cant feel like eating.  nope gained a 1/2 pound.  dang it.  so about me.  im chanel im 38 my husband and i just bought a home on 4 acres that i adore.  im a foster parent of 4 and a bio mom of 3.  also am a grandmother to 1 adorable guy and 1 on the way. my mr is a 3rd shift truck driver.   im struggling a bit with lupus and cns vasculitis but luckily i have the support of this place to keep my chin up and my mind posistive. "this to shall pass"

time since surgery 14 months

B: tea and fat free 1/2 and 1/2

protein smoothie

L: protein smoothie

D: maybe some chicken soup

S: protein coffee

i think im gonna order some fit frappe or click....which is better?

totals 669 calories 87 protein 50 carbs why is this so dang high all the time wth!!!

mamata2
on 1/27/16 7:56 am

Hey all!  My name is Nikki, I'm 37 and a HR professional in state government.  I also have my law license but don't practice.  I'm really struggling to find something I enjoy doing.  I really want a job that travels.  I know that sounds cliche but that has always been my goal, I just have no idea where to start. I live in Madison Wisconsin.  I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 15 years.  He is saint and the most wonderful, supportive man I could ever find.  We have two children, boy 11 and girl 10, nope, not planned that way, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  They are besties and it warms my heart.  We have one pup named Charlie.  She is a 3 y.o. Wheaton Terrier/Lab mix and a sweet heart.  I love shopping and TRIATHLON!!  Yes, I'm addicted.  I'll be doing my first full Ironman this September.

Time since surgery: 18+ months

B: Coffee with cream, leftover omelet and a few forkfuls of breakfast potatoes

S: Chocolate chip cookie (co-worker make them for me!)

L: Lean Cuisine pot roast 

S: SF Latte

D: Hamburger no bun

W/V: Started

E: None

Totals: no time, gotta run to meeting

supershopper
on 1/27/16 5:10 pm

Love how there are so many of us HR people in there!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

cheapskate
on 1/27/16 8:57 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Hello fearless foodies!! Once again, I am unprepared to post my menu but will partake in the getting to know me gig.

I am 40(WAAAA) and work for The Man, the IRS. I LOVE money. I love billing people, I love talking about money, if taxes were a blanket I would never get out of bed. and Yes, I am a geek. My hobby is working on our budget, looking at our retirement amounts and just petting my budget. 

I have 3 teenagers that we adopted when they were little, all girls. The true diva in our house is our 11 pound yorki poo named Sherman Tank. 

We live in Kansas City Mo and recently moved to an awesome little bungalow that we thought would make the kids feel a bit cramped and start thinking about lives of their own NO SUCH LUCK. They love the house, the area and their cushy lives. URG. It is our intent that this will be our retirement home, but I highly doubt it will stick. We are wanderers by nature and I know Mr Cheap is already dreaming of new horizons. But that is okay with me.

I am a minimalist. We moved our house(with 5 people) with less than 20 boxes. So once I ditch the kids i know our move will be super easy.

I have been married almost 20 years to about the best guy on earth. I do take partial credit though, because we met when I was 18 and he was 20 and I really raised him right. He is a bit spoiled though because I stayed home for a decade and did everything for him...now he is paralyzed with house responsibility inability. But he is hot, compassionate and makes great money so I am all in!

cheapskate
on 1/27/16 11:25 am
RNY on 03/30/15

so I logged my day.

premiere protein with decaf americano and sugar free caramel

shredded white chicken in buffalo sauce

1/2 fage 0% with salsa and pork rinds

spaghetti fredo

meatloaf

cals 672 Protein 91 carbs 24 fat 22

stacyrg
on 1/27/16 9:26 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning everyone.  I LOVE today's question of the day.  My name is Stacy, I'm an attorney practicing insurance law.  When I went to law school, I had dreams of changing the world, yet here I am making decisions about what claims do or do not get covered and defending insurance companies when they get sued by angry policy holders.  Eh, it's a living.  I live in the San Fernando Valley which is a suburb of Los Angeles and am an original valley girl (like, totally).  I have a siberian husky named Nikolai and I love him like my child.  I am an impulse buyer and borderline hoarder which explains why at any given time I'll have 8 tubes of toothpaste, no contact lens solution and 6 bags of shredded cheese . . . I see it, I grab it.  I am a Targetaholic and could probably use an intervention.  Finally, I love, love, love you all and attribute much of my success to your support. 

Here's my plan:

B: Leftover pork chop

L: hamburger patty with onions and a slice of cheese

D: New York Strip and Pear and gorgonzola salad (or chicken if I don't feel like cooking)

S: Sugar Free latte, light and fit, 1/2 serving of somersaults

Totals: Cal.: 997; Protein: 105g; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 53g

mamata2
on 1/27/16 10:06 am

Sometimes I wish I practiced law but I feel like I've been out of it too long to start again.  Even collections sounds amusing... god, I am starting to go crazy!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?