What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 6:24 am, edited 1/26/16 10:34 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning! My name is Deanna and I'm a compulsive overeater... Oh, wrong meeting? Okay, let's try this again. Hi my name is Deanna, I am 42, and married to a wonderful man. This is my second marriage, and I have a wonderful 16 year old son who is an awesome kid.He's incredibly intelligent, but he has dyslexia, and I believe he also has dysgraphia, though he's never been officially diagnosed with that. He's a great big brother to my youngest who is 2 years old and incredibly bright. I have a feeling this little one is going to be an over achiever. I have *****ed about it before, but here goes again. I work for a Customshouse brokerage as an advisor. I work with clients to process import reconciliation and duty drawback and submit their information to Customs. Let me be clear here, I HATE MY JOB. I had an anxiety attack yesterday on the way home from work. I told my husband that I would love to just walk. I can't handle the pressure I'm under right now and it's making me a very poor employee. I'm about to quit and get a job at McDonalds until I can find something better. I'm seriously at the end of my rope. I SHOULD be changing jobs soon, but I don't have any specific dates.

My husband works as a FSR (Field Service Rep) for an international technology company. He repairs auto staining machines in labs. His usual territory is Michigan, Ohio and Some of Indiana, but he has to travel to other states frequently to fill in if there is an urgent call and no one else can take it. He just got home last night from a tour of Austin, San Antonio and Houston. I would love it if he didn't travel as much, but the money is really good and he gets overtime, so not too many complaints on my end.

In my spare time I like to crochet, and I have been revving up to start painting. I have recently acquired all of the supplies I need to start painting with acrylics, but haven't found the time to set up and get to work. I love creating stuff, it makes me feel good. I started a new afghan last night and once I get enough done I'll post a picture. Maybe if I crank it out for the next few nights, I'll have enough ready for photo Friday.

I struggled with my food this morning. I was so undecided on my breakfast and lunch, blah. So here's what I ended up with:

nearly 6 months since surgery.

B: 1/2 right start egg white and turkey sausage sandwich on english muffin. I cut it in half, gave half to my coworker, then proceeded to take one tiny bite of the english muffin, gag, then ate only half a sausage, egg white and the cheese. Next time I'll order just the meat and cheese. Coffee with Quest vanilla milkshake and fairlife milk mixed in.

L: 4oz ****tail shrimp with ****tail sauce

D: slow cooker pork shoulder with a little bit of bbq sauce, I'll probably have a veggie with this but didn't log anythin yet because I have no clue what it will be.

S: Light and Fit greek yogurt, Mixed berry bliss quest bar.

Totals:

CAl 676 Protein 98 Carbs 47 Fat 14

I got a variety box of Quest bars yesterday. I had the apple pie bar last night, yum, and will try the Mixed Berry Bliss tonight. I got a couple sample pouches of the quest protein, and I mixed it with 8oz fairlife in my small ninja blender thing. It's turned into complete foam. How do you guys mix your protein drinks? how much liquid do you use? This stuff was so thick there is no way I could have choked it down.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

danie11e
on 1/27/16 7:11 am

I want to learn how to crochet. I bought the supplies and started to try to teach myself using YouTube. One of the suggestions I got at a support group downtown was to keep my hands busy to avoid boredom eating, especially at night when the kids have gone to bed and it's just the husband and I watching TV. Any suggestions for a good online tutorial??

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 7:18 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I taught myself to crochet back in the early 2000s using books,  I then moved to YouTube to help with other stitches.  

Check out Crochet geek on YouTube.  She has some videos that go in slow motion and shows the basic stitches.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 1/27/16 7:21 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have never used quest protein powder.  I use Syntrax with 3/4c - 1c fairlife.  i always use my Ninja to blend it, unless I am on the "road", then I use my shaker bottle....but I find there are still clumps....yuck

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

chassibi
on 1/27/16 6:29 am

I'm Chassidy, I'm 37 years old and work full time as a Nurse Manager for a VA primary care clinic. I've been married for 19 years, have 3 bio kids, 2 kids adopted from Haiti and 1 grown stepdaughter with 1 grandchild! Whew! We live in the country on 3 acres in a big cape cod house that I'm turning into a farmhouse a la Fixer Upper, haha. I do seriously have a love for remodeling, decorating--not so much, I need help in that department.

Yesterday was Hershey kiss day, my office-mate broke up with her boyfriend, so she was pushing them like a crack dealer and I responded in like fashion. I counted them though, stayed right at 1200 cals!

B-2 pieces of toast with butter (total FAIL, I know, but I really wanted some carbs, probably those damned Hershey kisses kick starting my carb cravings)

L- turkey and pepperjack roll ups, pickles, clementine

D- chili with cheddar

S- irish tea with creamer

Total: 928 cals (I imagine I will add something to this to get closer to 1200, but it is what it is).

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

cpcampbell
on 1/27/16 7:12 am

Aren't the Hershey's to die for.....Gosh! I tried too many times to control ONLY eating just 3!  LOL!

danie11e
on 1/27/16 6:33 am

My name Danielle, I'm 31, married, and have two fantastic little boys who are 6 & 1. I am currently a Regional Administrator in the quality department for the outpatient practices division of the health system I work for. I'm very fortunate that overall, I love my job. My husband owns a gardening/landscape business. It's a good thing he likes doing that stuff, because I hate it! We also have an English Mastiff named Buffalo - my goal is to weigh less than the dog, he's about 170 so I'm getting closer!
Target and Costco are my guilty pleasures. I wish I could get a weekend job at Costco checking receipts as people leave, it amazes me what people buy there!

Time since surgery: almost 11 months

B: Chorizo egg muffin
S1: Babybel Cheese
L: Chicken salad kit, LC light Swiss wedge
S2: Monster Muscle
D: TJ chicken sausage, salad
S3: Elli Quark Salted Carmel Yogurt
E: going to try SkyRobics (my Mom is going to pre-register me so I don't miss out this week!)

Cal: 931 Carb: 59 Protein: 82 Fat: 46

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

AngryViking
on 1/27/16 6:37 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, I loathe yard work.  Lucky you!

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 6:39 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Weigh less than the dog, OMG, this made me LOL!  Awesome goal.

Deanna798
on 1/27/16 6:45 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I've decided I'm going to start a veggie garden this summer.  We'll see how it goes, lol.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?