What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 1/26/16 5:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

"Elementary school" is a pretty apt description of this place.  LOL

mamata2
on 1/26/16 6:03 am

What industry do you work in?  Some day we need to have a "what do you do for a living?" QOTD.  We have so many new people and I can never remember what everyone does.

AngryViking
on 1/26/16 6:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes!  Tomorrow will be "tell us a little about yourself" day!  Don't let me forget.  LOL

Emiepie
on 1/26/16 9:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you "weathered " the weather well-LOL :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

danie11e
on 1/26/16 5:46 am

I am so happy to not be in a typical office setting anymore. I used to manage a physician office and people LOVED to bring in food, have pot lucks, etc. Temptation was EVERYWHERE! Now I'm in an administrative building on the edge of campus with 12 offices and 3 different departments, so there really isn't any of that. Occasionally someone will leave a box of donut wholes in the shared kitchen, but overall it's not bad. And for that I am incredibly thankful! Good luck, it's not easy but you can do it!!

Time since surgery: almost 11 months

B: Chorizo egg muffin
S1: LC light Swiss wedge
L: Tuna salad kit, LC light Swiss wedge
S2: Monster Muscle
D: Ground Beef Casserole, cottage cheese
S3: Beef stick

Cal: 947 Carb: 71 Protein: 76 Fat: 40

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

AnnyBananny
on 1/26/16 6:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Jealous! Staff is constantly bringing in food and library patrons bring us treats far too often. I've considered a ban on communal snacks/treats in the break room - but I don't think that will win me much love so....

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

danie11e
on 1/26/16 6:14 am

We had one doctor we referred our patients to regularly and he would send the BIGGEST box of Godiva chocolates or cookies 1-2 times per year. His specialty? Bariatric Surgeon. Seriously.

I would have loved to have imposed a communal food ban, but geez did they love their snacks/food. I suppose I was guilty, when I wanted to show appreciation it was easy and cost effective (and appreciate by staff) to pick up some treats, and I  could pick something I didn't like.

The only thing I might of liked to ban more was staff friending each other on Facebook....

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Deanna798
on 1/26/16 5:58 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I've always been super pale, you can see my blue veins through my skin. I don't tan in the summer, I just burn. When I was a teenager, back in the 80's, I tried to lay out. Back then we just used oil, with no SPF at all. I never even tanned with that, barely burned. I was stupid and wen****er skiing without any sunblock all day. I got sun poisoning so bad that I had white welted hives all over my body and my face blistered and cracked like the desert. Ever since then, I avoid the sun at all costs. I've gotten a few good burns when I left my sunblock fail, but I really do try to avoid it. It's never a pleasant experience.

I had to get those crab wontons out of my house so I brought them to work with me today. I honestly had a binge experience with them last night, and I feel horrible about it today. I almost doubled my calories for the day eating those things, and I didn't just do it once, I went back later when my pouch was empty and did it again. So no more of those things. My husband was gone and I didn't have anyone there to see me do it, it's so easy to just give in and eat them because they tasted so delicious. Thank goodness I see my therapist on Friday, I really need to talk to her.

Here's my today menu:

B: ground beef and cheese quiche (not my fav, but didn't make me queasy today) coffee with cream and splenda

L: Tuna with greek yogurt on 34 degree crackers

D: romaine salad with 4oz steamed shrimp and skinny girl poppyseed dressing

S: light and fit with 1/2oz nature valley protein granola, half a power crunch protein bar.

Totals:

Cal 822 Protein 95 Carbs 47 Fat 29

Resetting today, getting those trigger foods out of my house, and getting back on track.

I'm going to do Zumba tonight!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 1/26/16 6:03 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I just updated MFP for yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I came in su 1083 cals and 77 carbs,  but I felt like it was out of control. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

danie11e
on 1/26/16 6:10 am

Isn't it funny how our perception changes? When I have a day where I eat more than usual I always think my calories must be through the roof, but there usually not that bad. Even from a volume perspective, it's so much less. I can't imagine how many calories I was consuming when I'd binge pre-surgery...

I have had a bingeing problem lately as well, for me is was chips last night. But today's a brand new day, luckily :) 

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 162 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?