What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 1/22/16 7:32 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Happy Friday? And my irritation just continues. I can not wait until i am able to change jobs. I'm holding out for the Job at Ford Rouge Plant working on the assembly line. I know I can definitely get in, I just have to wait. My cousin works for the UAW and can pull strings, he says it is guaranteed that I'll get in, but it is a matter of time. I don't know how much longer I can hold out here at work, I'm desperately hanging on, but I hate it so much.

I did okay with my food yesterday. Good thing, my weight loss has continued after that 9 day stall. I'm 20lbs away from my doctors goal for me of 168, and I'm 48lbs away from my goal. I'm hoping to make my goal by my surgiversary in August.

I literally just had a huge NSV. I work for a Customs broker, so we have couriers who come to the office to pick up and drop off documents multiple times a day. There is an older lady who has come in for years, and occassionally I will have to buzz her through if the receptionist isn't at her desk. I hadn't had to do that in quite a while, so when I got up to do it today, she stopped in her tracks and said "What have you been doing to lose so much weight? You look amazing!." I got to tell her about my surgery and how much it has changed my life. She is also overweight and asked a few questions about if insurance paid for it, and things like that. I'm such a fan of WLS right now, I swear, my surgeon should be paying me for all of this awesome PR!

I don't have any good pics for today, so here is a pic of my dinner last night. I'm only posting it because it was SO FREAKING SATISFYING! It gave me the taste of a BLT without the bread. Please disregard the Super Mickey Mouse plate, it was the only small plate clean at the time of my dinner. The baby and I often share dishes.

I'm going out to dinner tonight at a local restaurant that I bought a Groupon for called Haab's. I love this place and I always get the London Broil in a burgandy wine and mushroom marinade! This will be the first time I'm going since surgery, and I'm super excited. It's a pretty cool old place with lots of history.

Here's my plan:

B: 1/2 Quest pumpkin pie bar, coffee with cream and splenda

L: romaine lettuce salad with feta, beets and tomatoes topped with 2oz albacore and skinny girl dressing

D: London Broil and steamed green beans, nomnomnom

S: 1/2 quest pumpkin pie bar, light and fit greek pineaple yogurt

Totals

Calories 740 Protein 83 Carbs 55 Fat 29

Even though I'm over 50g of carbs for the day, I'm feeling pretty good with this menu. I actually did Zumba last night like I've been trying to do all week. I had my youngest and my husband doing it with me for a bit. I actually broke a sweat! LOL. I will be doing it again tomorrow, since we won't be home this evening. GO ME!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

mamata2
on 1/22/16 7:53 am

I hate talking on the phone!  Text or email all the way (although I much prefer text).  Weekend will be busy.  My hubbie's company Christmas party is tonight.  It will be fun to get all gussied up.  Tomorrow I teach swim lessons followed by lunch with a friend and my very first hot yoga class.  Afterwards I have to clean my house and bake a Smores cheesecake for my baby girl's birthday.  My parents are coming for lunch on Sunday so more food prep and cleaning Sunday morning.  I plan to sit around and do nothing after they leave.

Displaying 20160120_140036.jpgDisplaying 20160120_140036.jpgDisplaying 20160120_140036.1.jpgI had a picture but I can't get it to upload right side up.  Oh well.

Time since surgery: 18+ months

B: Coffee with cream, sf latte and DD sprinkle donut (Birthday Donuts and I was weak)

S: 1/2 Quest bar

L: Rotisserie chicken left overs

S: Meat stick

D: I think I ordered the chicken....but it was back in November so I'm not sure...

S: Wine, mixed drinks and other bad things...

W/V: Started

E: None - I will do better next week.

Have a great weekend and stay safe!

stacyrg
on 1/22/16 9:20 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  I'm a texter all the way, except on my way home from work.  When Im stuck in horrible LA traffic I actually like talking on the phone.  And I agree with all of you who say don't bother leaving a voicemail on my cell.  The missed call is enough.  I never listen to it and just return the call.  All my friends know better than to ask me if I listened to the message.  Absolutely no plans this weekend other than running errands and exercise.  My typical saturday run with a friend followed by a circuit weights class.  I love saturdays.  My favorite day of the week.  Good luck to all of you who are in the storm path!  I'll be thinking about you all!

Here's my plan:

B: Ground turkey, spinach, cheese and dirt (I'm finally finished with the dirty pre washed spinach!)

L:  Zucchini boat with ground beef

D: New York Strip and pear and gorgonzola salad (if I cook.  I don't want to cook and am craving fish, so maybe dinner out)

S: Light and Fit

Still trying to keep things relatively (for me) low cal and low carb.  It's getting difficult, since I've also increased my exercise since 1/2 marathon training is in full swing.  I woke up today HUNGRY for the first time in a long time.  It took all my strength not to stop at Starbucks on my way to work.  I'll have to see how long I can keep this up.

Totals: Cal. 728; Protein: 82g; Fat: 30g; Carbs: 21g.

Have a great weekend and stay safe and warm!

supershopper
on 1/22/16 9:35 am

Still no photos, need to work on that for next time. We are getting sleet and it is nearing freezing here in North Ga. hopefully it stays decent and nothing bad happens. Feeling it for you north east coasters with the storm coming.

We went to wally world yesterday and bought those terracotta pots to make heaters out of. So far not having a ton of luck with heat, seems they are not putting out much but it could have been the design we made.

Can't wait for the day to be up so we can relax for the weekend. My 6 week appt is next wednesday with the surgeon, the scale is stuck with me losing 14 pounds - trying to be positive and not let it get me down.

B: wheybolic choc shake 1 table spoon pb2, milk and water

S: decaf coffee with a little milk and sf syrup

L: chicken breast puree with turkey gravy or spagetti sauce

D: spam turkey (i didn't eat it last night, ended up with tuna and hummus

Exercise: none yet, just planning on getting my steps in and activity minutes up

Stay safe!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

obxhatteraslight
on 1/22/16 10:55 am - baldwinsville, NY

Have you tried the Ricotta Bake? Tastes like lasanga PLMK if you want the recipe.

supershopper
on 1/22/16 12:50 pm

i made a similar one with ground turkey, spaghetti squash, etc. it was awesome.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

snow_white
on 1/22/16 9:47 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

im late to the party today.  my grandson is still here and wouldnt let me put him down.  ok ill be honest i didnt want to put him down.  i did eat omg ...............sigh cereal for breakfast today.  wth was i thinking i was so ill and it was just cheerios and i measured the pile of disgusting carbs all out and stuff.  not that it makes it ok because it was 24 carbs and made me sick.  hopefully i will behave the rest of the day. my pic is of me and my fd and fs lilah has been with me since she was born we are hoping to adopt her and then her brother came into our lives in may.  his father is only 17 so he is trying to get him once he is of age.  

time since surgery 14 months

B:  too much tea

and nasty cereal lol

L: av chicken sald

D: chicken tortilla soup minus the tortillas

S: protein shake coffee

calories 1026.  do you think i should try to eat less?  my nut said 1300 and that is way much i think but i see most of u guys are below 900.  please met me know what you guys think because im loosing still but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow ( i know the carbs didnt help)

protein 106 carbs 60 YIKES

obxhatteraslight
on 1/22/16 11:02 am - baldwinsville, NY

Very pretty. I have no clue how to load pics on here.

Emiepie
on 1/22/16 7:23 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

What a great pic!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Laura in Texas
on 1/24/16 5:43 am

Are you still trying to lose more? 1000 sounds reasonable. 1300 sounds like too much.

Measure your portions to make sure they have not creeped up. Maybe try increasing your activity.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 160 views