What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

naenae_68
on 12/29/15 7:45 am

I am trying to get back into the swing of things and be accountable and lose the extra weight I have gained post surgery 8 years ago. I lost 8 pounds prior to the holidays and amazingly, have kept it off. This is from Monday! :)

B- peanuts

L- chicken caldo (veggie chicken soup)

D- protein shake

S- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks

Work was very busy and I was exhausted. I need to work on being more prepared and increasing the protein. I have also given up diet sodas and working on no sugar substitutes as I have fibro.

Have a great Tuesday!

NYMom222
on 12/29/15 7:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Soup weather is here.... I have homemade cream of mushroom (with TJ turkey meatballs in it), red pepper tomato and just made chicken broth last night from my Costco $5 chicken.... all in my fridge right now. If I need protein in them I'll add unflavored (Genepro) when I go to eat it.

Went to GNC last night and sampled ALL the flavors of the RTD lean shake.... the guy was very nice about it.... I bought 2 - 4 packs ... one of the chocolate mint chip cake, and one pumpkin spice. Figured nice change up from my premier, and also has good stats. (all protein on sale at GNC buy 1 get one 50% off)

B: Lean Shake - Pumpkin Pie

L: out with girlfriend, ??

S: bringing power crunch bar on my travels today if I need it. Other wise if I am home hummus with protein powder added and cucumber 'chips'

D: Turkey meatball cream of mushroom soup, greek salad

S: Hot chocolate premier with whipped cream

E: 21-day-fix Done!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

christinerocks
on 12/29/15 7:57 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

the cream of mushroom soup with turkey meatballs sounds fantastic. Do you follow any particular recipe for the soup or just "wing it?"

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

NYMom222
on 12/29/15 2:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I 'winged it' but here it is: Sauteed up some chopped onion and chopped mushrooms. Once they were soft sprinkled on some flour and stirred and cooked for a minute. Added beef broth I had made with that Low sodium beef base (better than bullion) I buy at Costco. added meatballs. Left it cook and thicken a little. At end add either Plain greek yogurt or sour cream to make it 'creamy' then added salt and pepper and nutmeg. It really came out yummy.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Catek2652
on 12/29/15 8:26 am
RNY on 10/26/15

My first time posting here, but think it will help me with planning better: Had a NSV yesterday. Went to Good Will with my mom as my jeans are just getting too big. I was in size 24 (just a bit tight) pre-op. Yesterday, got into size 22 just a bit tight. Very excited by this, but sad because we could only find one pair of size 22 in this store. I did buy some smaller shirts as well and a size 22 pair of dress pants (but they need to be hemmed). I'm not real interested in buying a lot of dress clothes as I'm planning to retire April 1, but as mom pointed out, I have to wear SOMETHING appropriate to wor****il then.

Time since surgery: 3 months and 3 days.

B: Decaf herbal tea and a half hour later: 1 hardboiled egg

L: Deli chicken slices (2) and a cheese stick

S: Premier Protein Shake

D: Chicken breasts in crockpot with FF cream of mushroom soup and lots of seasoning (will eat 2 oz)

S  (if protein count is too low) Chocolate pudding made with Premeir Protein Shake and FF Half & Half

Sick of cloudy, rainy weather. Walking in this mess is just depressing.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

stacyrg
on 12/29/15 9:38 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  Thanks for being the Light and Fit guinea pig, AV!  I love my light and fit and am always looking for new flavors (when I can find them!)  I stuck 100% to plan yesterday and my weight was still up almost a pound.  Very discouraging, but I know I did it to myself with all my holiday indulgences.  Thankfully, that's all over!  I'm taking everything one day at a time and hoping to get back on track.  Here's my plan for today.

B: ground turkey (3.2 oz) and shredded cheese (1 oz)

L:  Grilled chicken and mashed carrots (really if I'm 100% honest, too high in carbs but this is the last of it and it's so good)

D:  Shrimp (3.5 oz) and Asian slaw

S: SF latte, Light and Fit and Peanut Butter and Somersaults (I have ham and cheese roll ups with me and may substitute out the somersaults)

TOTALS: Cal: 1064 (too high if I want to get my weight off but in the range I need to be in for my ongoing blood issues); Protein: 102g; Fat: 45g; carbs 63g (will be lower if I swap out the somersaults)

mschwab
on 12/29/15 10:24 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning all of you lovely RNYers!  I haven't post on this thread lately due to the insane holiday crush.  After this week things should be back to normal and I can get back to my normal routine.  For New Years Eve I am going to a small party with friends.  The host's husband just had surgery, so while she is care taking, I will go over to their house and cook for the party.  All good news as far as I'm concerned.  I like to cook, and I can control the menu so it is healthy and RNY friendly.

The weather here in Portland is rainy and cold, but no snow, at least in the lower elevations.  We had a light dusting on Sunday, that was quickly over, but it gave me a nice taste of winter without any of the traffic headaches.  The rest of the week is dry and cold by Portland standards (balmy by New England and Midwest).  

My menu is up in the air where dinner is concerned.  I'm meeting a couple of girl friends after work this evening, so will try to find something on the bar menu that is not too damaging.  The good news is that they are usually small plates.  The bad news is the they are usually terrible nutritionally.

Time Since Surgery:  13 months

B:  Egg Beater Omelette with ff mozzarella and bacon

S:  Light and Fit Greek Caramel Apple Pie

L:  Roasted chicken thigh meat

S:  2 oz. beef Bulgogi

D:  TBD

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

supershopper
on 12/29/15 7:03 pm

Still nice weather in north GA!

First day with pureed foods-did have my first eh experience with food on Monday- Made egg drop soup and it did not sit well. it didn't make my stomach hurt, but it quickly came out the other end. Sorry TMI

Today I made coco wheats, cold shrimp soup and salmon for dinner

B: Coco wheats/protein powder/milk

L: cold shrimp soup (pureed)

D: pureed salmon with FF cream cheese (it was actually good) and Sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar splenda

S: isopure with crystal light

S: milk with sugar free vanilla

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 160 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?