What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 12/11/15 7:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending hugs to you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 12/13/15 5:56 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I can relate to this. I can't listen to Susan Boyle's Christmas CD anymore (although she sings beautifully) because we played it in my Mom's hospital room in the weeks before she died. The holidays are tough. My Mom died on 12/23, my Grandma died on 12/19, and my brother on 12/31 (not all in the same year.) But, it does make the holidays quite difficult sometimes. My twin daughters' birthdays are on 12/22, so I work hard to be up for that day.  I wonder why it affects us differently each year.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Deanna798
on 12/11/15 7:06 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Well, I already said I love Dominic the Donkey yesterday, but I guess my real favorite Christmas song is O Little Town of Bethlehem. When my oldest was a baby, I could never think of any lullabyes to sing him, so I would sing that to him when he was very little. Funny that it would be summer and there I was rocking him and singing the softer traditional Christmas Carols. That's probably why he loves Christmas so much.

My morning started off awesome! Got my Christmas bonus in my account this morning, plus my exhusband paid 2 months of child support, plus it was payday. So I now have zero credit card debt (in my name) but then while I was sitting here, I got a call and realized that I had forgotten my therapy appointment this morning. That just cost me $100, since she can't bill my insurance. Blah.

I'm having a hard time with a balanced menu. Though my dermatologist told me I could have a yogurt in the morning with my antibiotics, so that helps.

B: Chobani Greek Simply 100 Cherry yogurt. I won't buy those again, I don't really like them. Coffee with SF Coffeemate peppermint mocha

L: lasagna again (no noodles) cocoa dusted almonds

D: 4oz shrimp ****tail

S: Syntrax Twisted Cherry, spinach garlic crackers with cream cheese

Totals:

Cal 839 Protein 87 Carb 42 Fat 36

I feel like I'm eating very little today but the calories are through the roof. I think it's that lasagna, it has more calories than I usually eat in a sitting. I stayed on plan yesterday but added a cup of diet cocoa last night. I still came in under 900 calories, and my carbs were okay.

I tried to upload a photo this morning, but for some reason it's taking forever to upload.  I post enough of them at other times, that it's not a big deal to skip today.  Happy Friday.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Queen JB
on 12/11/15 8:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

OMG, everyone. Guess what I forgot to put in my original post? Today I'm in the 120s! 129.8 to be exact! Holy moly! Thanks for all your support :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

AngryViking
on 12/11/15 8:35 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Wow, way to bury the lead, JBerry.  LOL  Big ups to you, that's huge! 

Emiepie
on 12/11/15 10:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Way to go! Congrats!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 12/11/15 12:37 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Woo hoo! That is fantastic!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

stacyrg
on 12/11/15 10:04 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I worked late, missed the gym, got into my car at 9:00, get out of the parking structure and am blessed by the kid buying the shoes.  UGH, my finger**** the button so fast!  I could not handle the depressing little kid after my day!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/15 10:40 am

Happy Friday y'all!  So I have chickened out all week and not logged my food here but as always I do keep close track on My Fitness Pal.  Last Friday, when I got home from work, my husband had brought me home a bag of marshmallows.  These aren't just any marshmallows, but the giant, colored ones I like from the halal store.  And it went downhill so I thought wow, I actually admitted to my food on the RNY post and then boom, again, sabotaged by marshmallows.  I can't fault the hubbs because he was being sweet.  Marshmallows also aren't the absolute worst thing in the world, and it was the only cheat I have had in the past two weeks.  So, I consider myself okay.  I logged them on MFP and I was still within 200 calories of my day even though the carbs were too high.  I have to realize that I am not going to be a perfect eater all the time, but I have to bounce back and do my best.

So, I need to say that I am nervous about next week.  I am a teacher and there is already a staff luncheon on Monday and a breakfast planned another day and of course all my lovely kids will bring in goodies.  Temptation is going to be high for me and it's already giving me some anxiety.  I hope I survive.  I am usually, always prepared and have other options available.  It's just that I usually will have a treat, then say, well, I just had that treat, I've done went and done it now!!!  And you know the rest...

Today, here is what I am having without including dinner because I don't know yet:

B:  Coffee protein drink (hot coffee, Isoflex Chocolate PB Protein Powder, Stevia, SF/FF Creamer)

S:  Egg whites with spinach, 1/2 piece lowfat provolone cheese, 3 all natural turkey sausage links

L:  Same as snack, 17 slices of turkey pepperoni, lowfat cheese stick

S:  17 slices of turkey pepperoni, light n fit greek yogurt with 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds, lowfat cheese stick

S:  Gala apple (medium) (this is before my workout)

D:  I don't know yet!

Have a nice weekend everyone!  I don't know if I always look forward to weekends because that's when I have more choice and it tests my ability to stay on track with proper eating.

Emiepie
on 12/11/15 3:03 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I can understand that next week will be hard, you seem right on track by keeping your own snacks on hand. You got this!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 154 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?