What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 12/9/15 9:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

oooh, beef stew sounds good.  I'll be adding that to my list of must make soon.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Deanna798
on 12/9/15 7:01 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I forgot to post about my tree. 

This is the first year ever I've had a real tree. Growing up we always had fake trees, and so as an adult we had fake too. This year my husband really pushed for a real tree. I was indifferent,  but now that we have it,  I love it.  We have three cats and the most they have don is drink the water from the stand. 

We won't be going back to fake anytime in the near future. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Capogirl
on 12/9/15 7:10 am

Good morning,

I grew up with fake tree until I was old enough to go get one myself.   We have always had a fake tree since I've been married, now I wish I could have a fake tree because of my allergies, but I never win that argument, I"m always outnumbered.  I don't win the white light argument either so we go with colored lights.   One of these years I'm just going to go out and get the fake tree, string it with white lights while nobody is home and bzinga!  There's our tree.  Maybe next year.

B:  1 Egg over easy

L:  Chicken breast w/soy vey teriyaki sauce

D:  Turkey Burger/American Cheese/whole wheat reduced calorie roll, green beans

S:  Jay Robb Protein Drink w/1% milk

Cals: 801 Carbs: 43  Protein: 91  Fat: 27

AngryViking
on 12/9/15 7:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to the white lights!  That's what my twinkly tree has.  *sniff*

stacyrg
on 12/9/15 9:45 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  No tree for me.  I'm Jewish so I was raised without a tree.  When I first moved out for college, my roommate and I (both Jewish girls) put up a fresh tree every year.  It was comical seeing the two of us, the tallest standing a whopping 5'1" get the tree off the roof of my car and upstairs into our apartment.  Totally worth the struggle.  My favorite part of the holiday season is sitting with the room lights dim, a fire (in our fake fireplace) and the tree lights on.  Total relaxation.  Now I'm back to no tree, but that's not an ideological decision, it's more that we have a Siberian husky who would be convinced that the park moved into his living room and that it was a perfectly good place to pee.  Sadness.  My sister in law, puts up a tree (fake) every year and I go over there to help decorate it.  We got it accomplished the sunday after Thanksgiving and it looks awesome!  I can always go over to their place if I need a twinkly light tree fix.  Food yesterday was better.  I had a cookie, but the rest of my day was clean so my numbers were pretty good.  I'm finally seeing the results from the low carb challenge as the number on the scale was 1.9 lbs lower than Monday.   Here's my food plan for the day.

B: Turkey, spinach and cheese

L: Roasted turkey breast

D: Top Sirloin steak, mushrooms and sour cream

S: somersaults, light and fit and PB2

I'm going to try hard to resist the cookies tonight in the hopes that I see another drop in the scale soon.  It's been so long since that's happened!

Totals: Cal: 847; Protein 101g; Fat: 34g; Carbs: 32g   This is a bit light for me, so I may try to work in another snack somewhere.  Maybe I'll run across the street and buy some steamed edamame to have with lunch.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Emiepie
on 12/9/15 3:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I love edamame :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 12/9/15 3:30 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Me too!  I went and bought the edamame but my turkey breast made me too full and I didn't eat it. 

LynnAlex
on 12/9/15 7:17 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I have a fake green tree.  I remember as a kid, both my family and my grandmother had white fake trees with a light underneath that changed the whole tree to 4 different colors.  I loved to watch the colors change.

Well, it is  10pm and I am only writing so those that are looking at menus can see what we should/or shouldn't eat.

I have the grandkids on Tues and Wed and fight not eating their food.  I did good with the popcorn (non-gmo), fruit snacks, pretzels, regular yogurt and donuts at TinyTots skating class.  I didn't do good at breakfast.

B: probably 1 piece of toast with peanut butter and sugar

L: inside of something at Taco Bell, prob. 1.5 oz of chicken & cheese

D: Zuchinni lasagna

Snacks: fresh pineapple (darn those kids and their carbs) 1/2 oz of pork rinds

Total: 994 cal, 81 protein and 58 carbs - explains why I have only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks at month 4

Exercise:  15 min of running while pushing the 2 year old in a stroller at the roller skating rink.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

G2GAWAY
on 12/10/15 12:10 am
RNY on 05/16/15

My Mom made handmade ornaments with jewels, sequins, and crystals when I was a kid and always had a white aluminum tree with the color wheels (that would fall off and melt on the light bulb sometimes).  It was so pretty.  We still have those ornaments and many years later she began making more ornaments of a similar style.  She died from cancer 5 years ago and when we found out (and believed she only had days/weeks to live), one of the first things we did was have an ornament party with my brother, his wife, my niece and nephew, and my husband and kids.  We went through each of the ornaments and took turns dividing them up.  Of course, we each had our favorites and I even let my brother have first pick.  Anyway, I purchased a beautiful flocked white tree because they look so much prettier on a white tree.  I have been out of town 3 weeks out of the last four (vacation in Loreto, Mexico, camping at Lake Skinner, and Napa for a conference and fun weekend), so the tree is set up, but the ornaments have not been hung.  I have to do it in the next 2 days because one of my daughters is graduating from college on Saturday and we are having family and friends over for a party afterwards and then celebrating Christmas with the in-laws at the same time.  She lived longer than we had expected, but died on December 23rd, so that makes the holidays tough for me...

On a positive note, I have lost 100 pounds as of today and saw my doctor today (almost 7 months out). He is very pleased with my progress (and so am I).  I had hoped to lose 100 by the end of the year, but didn't really dream it was possible.  Best thing I have done for myself and I only wish I had done it years ago.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 12/10/15 4:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love the ornament party!  What a great way to remember her. 

And a big ol' WAY TO GO on your 100 lb loss!    You're killing this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 432 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 163 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?