What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 12/9/15 5:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Welcome to Wednesday and Happy Hump Day!  I may have mentioned this before, but my son's name is Michael, so every Wednesday when I wake him up I say, "Hey Mike.  MikeMikeMikeMike, guess what day it is!!"  He doesn't find it nearly as funny as I do.  LMAO

So, yesterday was a much better day, food-wise.  I was present and mindful when I was eating and even managed to stick to my menu.  For the most part.  LOL  I did change up my dinner, but I was still within my calorie range and I was satisfied.  I'm so grateful to you guys for reminding me that we all struggle and that the best thing you can do is acknowledge whatever "mistakes" you've made and move on.  So I did!

Question of the Day!  Christmas trees:  real or artificial?  Discuss.  We always had a real tree when I was growing up; my Dad would meticulously string like a bamillion lights on it and my Mom and I would hang the ornaments and it was great.  I thought artificial trees were kind of strange.  Even when I met my husband, we would go and cut down our own tree, so I never knew any different.  Then the first Christmas after my son was born, my husband and I got a fake one because we didn't want a whole bunch of needles laying around.  You know what?  I LOVE that stupid tree.  It's already got lights on it, you guys.  And they twinkle.  LMAO  In the last couple of years, my husband has been back on the "cut your own tree" kick, so my beloved artificial tree is relegated to the basement.  I miss you fake twinkling tree! 

Time since surgery:  Almost 17 months

B:  coffee, spicy black bean burger with a slice of cheddar and a HB egg

S:  sweet and hot pickled green beans

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  sweet and spicy tuna packet mixed with 1/4 chick peas on a slice of whole grain toast and a cheese stick

TOTALS:  Cals:  897  Protein:  97  Carbs:  52  Fat:  38

Have a great (hump) day, everyone!

christinerocks
on 12/9/15 5:10 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Morning everyone! 

I love me a real christmas tree - nothing like that smell and sight of fresh pine.  BUT with work schedule and such, I'm not around to care for it and no one else will do it!  So we go artificial with pre-strung lights now.  I do add a small table top sized tree to our basement family room in mid December each year - it gives me my fix.

I'm back on the road, traveling for work this week. Hotel life and working 18 hour days plays havoc with my ability to stay connected to you all but I am trying!! I've planned and logged in MFP this week, but haven't gotten here. Boo. Well this is a short post but still helps me stay focused and accountable. Hope to come back later to support the rest of you!!

I forgot my shakes this week so it looks like I have to hit a GNC for a few RTD options for the rest of the week. I'm ok protein wise but could be better with those.

time since surgery: almost 9 months

B - 1 egg scrambled, coffee w/Half & half and splenda
S - tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte (I know, but it's so awesome!)
L - Atkins crustless chicken Pot Pie
S - Toasted Coconut Light & Fit;
D - 2T Hummus, 3 oz grilled chicken, grilled onions (left over from yesterday's lunch)
E - 30 minute aerobics (Burn 30) Workout
W/V - started!

Totals: 762 cals, 73 protein, 45 carb, 32 fat

I have to say, eating high protein and low carb really helps my focus and sharpness. Even on long days like these. Plus that morning exercise is invaluable to helping me wake up and also to make sure I start the day off right!

OK folks, let's go rock the world today :-)

Christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

NYMom222
on 12/9/15 5:21 am
RNY on 07/23/14

When my son was growing up I always got a real tree. It was a lot of work as a single Mom dragging that thing and setting it up. One of the things that saved me was the best tree stand in the world. _ Swivel Straight. Made it so easy. Haven't seen one in years and then saw it this year at BJ's. Well worth the money.

When my DIL was pregnant 3 Christmases ago I decided to have a Baby Shower 3 days before Christmas while they were in town- I know crazy. They had decided not to find out the sex of the baby so I bought a white fake tree at Walmart for $40 and decorated it pink and blue with Baby stuff. Bought little baby carriages at the dollar store etc. It really came out nice. SO it has been a White fake tree ever since. If you are going to go fake... go really fake. This year when I took it out of the box, it had turned yellow, so I went and bought another one from Target - White again.

Exercise: 21-day-fix - done!

B: heated Premier Protein

S: Whole grain cream of wheat with added protein and fiber

L: chicken with mashed cauliflower

D: Christmas event, so we will see...

S: Greek yogurt

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sarah M.
on 12/9/15 5:25 am

Good Morning! I'm glad yesterday was better for you, Kristen!! 

Liesl is into Monster's Inc so she runs around all day yelling "Mike" too. 

I definitely prefer real tress but our cat would eat the real ones so we bought a nice fake one and still use it even though the cat is not with us anymore. Since we are not even going to be in town for Christmas this year, I decided not to even mess with it with the toddler. 

B-turkey sausage jimmy dean delight

S-grapes

L-Sam's chicken salad 

S-?

D-Iron Chef --can I just say that I love I can put my choices in fitness pal this morning and go ahead and make the best choices and not spend time figuring it out there! 

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

AngryViking
on 12/9/15 5:28 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Mmm...those Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are yummy.  Nice choice!

Emiepie
on 12/9/15 5:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I am posting at home this morning since I will be heading to work later than normal and most likely won't have time before I have to jump into work. It's my daughter's 11th birthday so I need to be home when she gets up this morning. My menu today is what I was supposed to have yesterday (got re-arranged since I took a friend to lunch for her b-day).

We go with an artificial tree due to all 3 of us having allergies. We used to get a real one but realized it just wasn't worth the month of coughing and stuffy noses.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices and dried figs)

L: P3 turkey pack, baby carrots, FF cottage cheese and light and fit strawberry yogurt

S: SF latte and Vanilla almond quest bar

D: Flat out bread pizza and some artic zero

E: 45 mins stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1196 Protein:104 Carbs:130 Fat:38

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 12/9/15 6:56 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Having a fake tree helps with my allergies as well... stinkin' allergies...

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

Juliek7312
on 12/9/15 5:56 am, edited 12/8/15 9:56 pm

I love real trees, but I haven't had a real one in years. I always spend the holiday at my parents house, so I just put up a fake one at home, and my parents have been very lazy about xmas decorations for the past couple years.

Time since surgery: 7 months

B:  Protein coffee and eggface crustless quiche bites

S:  1/2 protein bar + 1/2 pckg. thinaddictives coconut mango

L: protein shake

D:  ground turkey and spaghetti squash "pasta" (added cheese to give a boost to my protein)

TOTALS :  Cals: 555 Protein: 78  Carbs: 24  Fat:  15

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Queen JB
on 12/9/15 6:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

OMG I'm having such an annoying day already. All the little things like commuting woes, and spilled coffee. Dammit.

This year, I decided to make a wall hanging with driftwood, wire and a starfish on top. Decorated it with woodlandy birds in scarves and a few balls. Way easier than a tree. Simple, but I'm digging it!

B: almonds and babybell 

S: Sargento Break

L: Salad with chicken and hb egg

S: Mr. Cheese Os

D: protein shake

Exercise

:(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

NYMom222
on 12/9/15 6:57 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Post a picture on Photo Friday! I want to see it....

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 402 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 377 views