What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/19/15 10:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Pistachio, Cranberry and Blueberry! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

peachpie
on 11/19/15 8:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!

It's not to windy here today-- but its rainy. Today is my Friday (YES!)- I have report card conference tomorrow. They make the kids attend-- which is a waste cause the kids are too scared to say a word in the conference LOL. 

I have not had soda of any kind in over 7 months. As a person who drank most of her calories; I just can't go back to soda. It would be a bridge to other sugary beverages. I'm better off with water. I'll occasionally buy a diet Snapple of diet cranberry juice, but even those give me urges for the regular stuff. 

No nick name-- I HATE nick names. I tried my hardest to name my kids so that a nickname could be derived from their names. (I have Collin & Andre...Andre is a Jr and is now called AJ-- so I won 1/2 that battle LOL)

Time since surgery: 6 months

M1- Oatmeal and boiled egg and a noiled egg white

M2- Fruit cup

M3- chili

M4- Turkey burger

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

peachpie
on 11/19/15 8:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I meant to say so that a nickname could NOT be derived from their names. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 8:33 am, edited 11/19/15 12:34 am
RNY on 07/17/14

My son's name is Michael and my husband goes bananas when someone refers to him as Mike or, God forbid, Mikey.  LOL  I figure if he (my son) is cool with a nickname, have at it. 

mamata2
on 11/19/15 10:59 am

I did EXACTLY the opposite.  My given name is Nikki, not Nicole, so I hated that I didn't have a "formal" name or the opportunity for a nick name.  So I named my children Nathaniel and Eleanor.  I figured each had the potential of at least 3 nick names.  LOL.  So far we just use Nathan and Ellie.  

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 11:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's interesting!  My niece's given name is Kate.  Not Katherine or whatever, just Kate.

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 2:18 pm

The conference when the kid attends is not a great idea. I think as parents and teachers we should be able to talk about them without the kid feeling like he is doomed. 

I always wanted my kids to stick for themselves as students and ask questions on why they got a certain grade. But to put in the hot seat not cool. 

Dcgirl
on 11/19/15 8:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hiiiii everyone!  Long time no post - I just got back from an epic 10 day trip in Europe (Rome, Venice, London).  I ate things I would never eat at home (gnocchi, croissants, hot chocolate, pints of beer), though in small quantities (can I get a hallelujah for restriction!) and I got on average 20,000 steps a day.  Shockingly, even after traveling all day yesterday, today I weigh the exact same as when I left.  I am not entirely convinced that my scale isn't broken, but I will keep an eye on it.

A huge NSV was shopping my butt all over Italy.  I bought a cape, some sweaters, some tunics...all unique pieces that I have never seen here at home.  What a difference two years makes!

I also popped out to Whole Foods and bought turkey, chicken, salmon, tuna salad, cheeses, cucumbers and mangos.  Although I enjoyed the food on the trip, I am actually excited to eat high protein and low carb - I know I just feel better when I do so.  I am happy to have good things in the fridge.

I posted a pic below, will come back to Photo Friday and put another one :)  WHYYYY is it sideways and WHYYYY is it so big?  Ugh.

Time Since Surgery: 23 months and 2 days

B: Rotisserie chicken (well breakfast was 11 am so that's an appropriate breakfast meal, right?) plus coffee with half and half

L: Mediterranean tuna salad from the Whole Foods deli - it's tuna, artichokes, kalamata olives, onions, roasted red peppers.  DELISH.  Cucumber salad perhaps (baby persian cukes, onions, light sour cream, mayo, red wine vinegar, garlic powder)

D: BBQ turkey burger from Whole Foods.  MFP says it has 31 g of protein and 31 g of carbs.  Not sure why the carbs are so high.

I got on wifi a few times and have been trying to keep up with you all.  Kristen, your posts never fail to crack me up.

And I do drink fizzy drinks quite often.  I like the calorie free flavored fizzy water from CVS (their own brand) and maybe once a week, a diet coke.  Fizzy has no effect on my pouch.

Have a great day, all!

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 8:46 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hi there!  Cool picture and your trip sounds so awesome!  I'm jealous.  LOL  And oh man, that tuna salad looks right up my alley.  There's no Whole Foods here, but I bet I could improvise

Dcgirl
on 11/19/15 8:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh you could TOTALLY make it yourself - my mom and I discussed this very thing.  For me, preparing it for one, it would be a waste of money to buy each ingredient separately and make a big batch.  But honestly I think they use tuna packed in olive oil because it's moist but not mayonaisey. Just finely dice red onion (not much though), jarred artichokes and roasted red peppers, and then add some black pitted kalamata olives. Viola.  It's heavenly.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?