What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 6:29 am, edited 11/19/15 12:10 am

The weather looks crappy right now. So do I. I have not showered yet. I am trying to get all of my cleaning done for Thanksgiving. With having the three dogs my house is a mess. I got them new beds. I think they have it better than some people. 

I have to say I do not drink soda. I loved it before surgery and it scares me to drink it. I would make excuses if I drank it like well there were no calories in that so I can eat that. I haven't had it in four years. I also used to drink a **** ton of it. 

I did taste a big mouthful a few weeks ago and my pouch did not like it. It hurt. So I don't judge people who drink it. I drink a lot of sugar-free drinks so they are really not better. I just can't do the fizz. 

B: Miralax and crystal light. I started feeling uncomfortable yesterday and I feel like a did a few weeks ago when I had to go to the hospital.

L: Eggs and ham

D:Cobb salad

S:not sure

I did order some things from the Bariatric pantry for some snack items. I am finding in late afternoons when I am running around I find myself feeling a little woozy. 

Vitamins are in. Water is going down. 

Have a great day.

Oh I forgot my name is Susan. When I was in fourth grade my teacher said I am going to call you Sue. I said no you are not. I may have gotten a note sent home. 

My husbands uncle who was from down south would call me Suzie Lynnie. Not sure why but that's what he called me. My friends daughter calls me Suzie. I used to hate it but now I like it. 

Deanna798
on 11/19/15 6:40 am
RNY on 08/04/15

The weather is mild here today, though it's overcast and looks rainy. I believe that the temp is going to drop throughout the day, and we could have our first significant snowfall this weekend.

I'm only 3.5 months post op, so I haven't had anything carbonated. I may have some in the future, but it would only be diet, and probably only a little. I enjoy iced tea and flavored waters. I also enjoy crystal light, so having a pop (yes, I'm from the midwest, it's pop here) isn't high on my list of wants.

My nicknames are rather normal. If you knew me as a child, my name is Dee. My friends who I've met as an adult call me Deanna. My husband calls me Deanna or a million other silly names. But the most hated nickname is the one my older cousin calls me. She is 3 years older than me, and I put up with it because she's been like an older sister. She still to this day calls me Dee Dee. If anyone else says it, I shut them down immediately. I don't really like it, but it's not worth the fight, and I really don't see her that often anymore.

So, my 3 months follow up is today. I'm expecting a big ole pat on the back, but we'll see. My surgeon has never given me a goal weight, so I'm going to ask today what they have me down for. I've always set the goal of 140, since that is where I move to a normal BMI, and I think it's a realistic weight for my build. It'll be interesting to see where the put me. I'm nervous and excited!

My food is kinda incomplete for the day. My husband had to travel to Houston yesterday afternoon at the last minute, so dinner was different than what I had planned. I think I ate way under my goal yesterday, I'll have to go back and adjust to see how really bad it was.

Here's today's plan:

B: Light and Fit Caramel Macchiato

L: Romaine salad with pickled veggies, cukes, tomatoes and canned chicken breast with Skinny Girl Poppysead dressing (yum)

D: Shrimp and Zucchini which is my go to fend for myself meal.

S: 4 small cranberry oat crackers with laughing cow, and a cheese stick.

My totals are really low today, I didn't pack enough, and the dried meat that we had was spicy buffalo chicken which I avoid still, so I didn't pack any. I'll have to find a way to get some more protein in, maybe a click mocha is in my future.

Cal 536 protein 56 carbs 35 fat 15

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 11/19/15 7:27 am, edited 11/18/15 11:27 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Send some good healing puppy vibes to my little (ok, so he's not "little" -he's a pretty pudgy guy) beagle Ruppert. He injured his wittle puppy(ok, ok...he is also not a "puppy" since he's 9) arm jumping down off my bed last night :(  Nothing seems to be broken so I am hoping it's a sprain since he was hobbling around a little better this morning. I don't really want to have to take him in for an X-ray. 

Soda-I haven't tried to drink any since I was pre-op and am scared to try it...LOL and I have a few nicknames (cause Kelly isn't short enough I get called Kel alot!) but my hubby calls me Mookie and my sister calls me Sitter to name a few.  Love the mango coconut thin addictives BTW.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices and dried figs)

L: Grilled chicken, black beans, shredded cheese (burrito bowl) and a few tortilla chips with salsa

S: L&F Greek yogurt, cranberry Thin addictives with laughing cow wedge

D: Cloud bread, fried egg and Swiss cheese sandwich, apple slices and some arctic zero

E: None :(

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1032 Protein:70 Carbs:139 Fat:28

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 7:31 am
RNY on 07/17/14

He is too a little puppy!  My fatty beagle Bagel sends your fatty beagle Ruppert healing vibes.  And he says you should give Ruppert extra snacks today, too.  You know, for strength.

Emiepie
on 11/19/15 7:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am sure Ruppert will appreciate any extra treats he is given. Here he is so pitiful.... Can't figure out how to rotate the pic.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 11/19/15 7:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  It's those "eyebrows" that give them such a sad and forlorn look.  Like they bear the weight of the world or something.  LOL

Emiepie
on 11/19/15 7:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yes! Def. the eyebrows :)

mamata2
on 11/19/15 7:48 am

OMG!  He is so cute!  My non-chubby (was too ADHD) Lab/Wheaton mix Charlie is sending healing thoughts too.  Oh, and she says "he deserves the Peanut Butter treats today!"

Emiepie
on 11/19/15 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks! Yes, PB and cheese are among his faves :)

mschwab
on 11/19/15 9:07 am
RNY on 11/21/14

So cute.  I hope the little puppy baby feels better soon!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?