Idiot that i am...

selhard
on 11/9/15 6:35 am, edited 11/9/15 12:07 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My sister's (unfortunately I don't dump) description of dumping syndrome after eating birthday ice-cream started minutes afterward-- rapid heart beat, sweating, and too sick to be able to post a question here.  Therefore, guessing it was rather early post-op sensitivity.  I cannot afford sin days, hate they happen but learn from them. Focusing on good days helps.  For example, my DH had confidence to ask me to buy a bag of clearanced Halloween candy for his deer-hunting weekend.  His trust empowered me to enter the Halloween isle with, surprisingly, little attraction.  Secretly pride-filled, I presented him an UNopened bag (okay, to be on the safe side, I tied the plastic shopping bag in two knots and kept it in the trunk). He didn't pat me on the back and I didn't make mention of what a feat it is to feel normalcy. May the normalcy days motivate you through the sin days, too. 

Lily2
on 11/9/15 8:30 pm

Thank you for the encouragement!  hoping one day to be where you are!

kg59
on 11/9/15 9:29 am

I just came back from my first vacation at 3 months post-op.  Did try new foods but no alcohol or ice cream.  I now know Mexican food does NOT make my pouch happy!  One thing I found when I got home----severe constipation!  I did lose 6 pounds while gone though.  I think we all test those waters at some point.  Don't beat yourself up!

Lily2
on 11/9/15 8:32 pm

Thanks kg59.

Calo83
on 11/9/15 2:19 pm
RNY on 05/20/15

Please don't call yourself that.

im sure we've all done something similar... Just learn From it and go on :)

when I was a week post op I decided I wanted steak. I said to myself if I chew chew chew... Lol I was soooooo sick.

HW 350 SW 275 CW 182.3

stepping stone goal 180

gastric bypass may 20th

Lily2
on 11/9/15 8:35 pm

I know I shouldnt call myself an idiot so lets just say Ive made idiotic decisions for the last few days.  Thought I was stronger, or strong enough to handle this situation and found Im as vulnerable as the next.

G2GAWAY
on 11/10/15 9:14 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I am all an all inclusive vacation myself. I have just asked for what I know I can eat and they have accommodated every request even though they have buffet dinners and many things that would not be good choices. Just decide to eat the things you know will work for you. I have had awesome dishes that are not in the menu. I don't feel like I am missing out and I feel great! Good luck.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

sor09
on 11/10/15 10:44 pm

Ok your are a human being, and not an idiot. Be nice to yourself... the wants for the past foods... like being in a liquors factory post AA... torture! The dumping or lactose... you can have them both, yep, at the same time. Hope things are better for you, and have fun... do something that not focused on eating... only eat to live not living to eat thoughts. Enjoy your vacation!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?