Idiot that i am...

Lily2
on 11/8/15 4:27 pm

on an all inclusive vacation with 20 ppl right now.  First vacation since surgery 5 months ago.  So what do I do?  Of couse my eyes see everything that I can not eat and decide to test the waters.  First alcoholic drink, bloody mary, no problem.  First taste of sugar, just a small bite if cake, no problem.  First  couple of sspoonfuls of ice cream with mostly peaches in it, HUGE problem.  Notice I said peaches thinking that made everything ok. Fast forward two hours,  out to a beautiful french restaurant with the group tonight, started to feel sickly, major gas, bloating, nausaous etc.  hubby had to take me back to our room before my ordered food even arrived.  Laying here alone feeling like throwing up coming in waves and wondering if this is dumping.  And yes I know, I caused this myself. Reference the idiot portion of my post. Dumping or no dumping?  Or a lactose reaction??

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/8/15 4:33 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

First off, you aren't an idiot. 

I hope you feel better and this is incentive not to continue sabotaging your success so far.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Lily2
on 11/8/15 6:12 pm

Thanks Kat

MickeyDee
on 11/8/15 5:52 pm

Don't call yourself names.

It could just simply be you're having a small pouch day, and reached your HLA (High Level Alarm).  

Next, no testing.  No alcohol, no ice cream, no cake.

Fresh fruit AFTER a high protein entree.

Just because it's "All Inclusive" doesn't mean you have to "include it all".

I went on a cruise and was very satisfied with eating what I KNEW I should be eating and didn't have to worry about being sick.

Lily2

Thanks Mickey

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/15 6:00 pm
H.A.L.A B.

There is your sign... ... You earned it..  We all did.. Welll.. Most of us.. .. 

You are in great company.. .. just "go and sin no more" lol.... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lily2
on 11/8/15 6:14 pm

It sure is my sign, thanks

MonaLisaSmile
on 11/8/15 7:00 pm - Canada

I'm looking at an all inclusive in the next couple weeks....I will be 4months.  Haven't had sugar or alcohol or even a small cheat ...but vacations are hard and I feel your pain. Stay strong Lily2....Now you know for sure how important staying on track is...and its just not worth it.  Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Lily2
on 11/9/15 4:26 am

Thank you, Today is a new day and Im going to be more concious of the food I eat. I am surprised at how easily I strayed in such a short time here, didnt expect that

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 402 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 191 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?