What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 11/11/15 7:14 am

I just went in and accounted for it.  As long as I don't stumble again I'll be ok.  I am very happy I stopped at half a bagel!!

Maria27
on 11/11/15 7:38 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Bagels are carb bombs! Here is what I learned the last time someone brought them to work: take 1/8 with the lowfat cream cheese (because it has more protein) and eat it with your lunch, after you finish the protein part of course. I felt completely satisfied. 1/8 cinnamon bagel plus a tablespoon cream cheese from panera gets you about 100 calories, 5 grams of protein, and only 11 carbs. That I can handle!

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

robinreinhardt
on 11/11/15 2:36 pm

Emie,

Thank you for the kind words. It seems that night time is my toughest part of the day. I feel better to know that I am not the only one to struggle. I just don't want to regress. I have come so far in the past 11 months. Do you still struggle? It's a day to day process or should I say one day at a time. Thanks again.

Robin

Emiepie
on 11/11/15 3:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I sure do. When it comes to stress I have to find different ways to deal with stress. Glad we can be here to support one another.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deanna798
on 11/11/15 8:17 am, edited 11/11/15 12:16 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Run a little farther....

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

robinreinhardt
on 11/11/15 10:51 am

I suck too! The last 2 nights I had peanuts and a few crackers. Good to know that I'm not the only one. I am weak too.

Robin

peachpie
on 11/11/15 6:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I have no immediate family who's served, but plenty of friends. I also coordinate VA GI Bill benefits as part of my job, so I know many vets. I'm grateful for their service and sacrifice!

Re: plastics... The only area that bugs me currently are my arms, horrific bat wings that will likely force me into a larger size top than I need. I'm ok with my stomach and thighs. I till have about 80# to go so my tune may change. I think I'm lucking out with my boobs. I haven't lost cup size and they are no more droopy then they  were. I use the crook of my elbow as a measure ( sad I know)... If they pass that point then plastics are in my future, other wise I'll let 'em hang. 

I'm off today and am feeling pretty angry with the hubby. Late home last night, no text, no call and dishes are in the sink this morning. And I'm mad at me cause I went for my run but accidentally paused the app at the start so the run never recorded. Ugh!

I think I'll get the kids chic fil a for breakfast to avoid the sink and maybe hit up some Veterans day sales... Retail therapy.

I'm Clueless on my menu today.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

AngryViking
on 11/11/15 6:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's awesome about working with the GI Bill!  They are such an important benefit for service members and should be taken advantage of but I think sometimes they don't know where to start.  We all know how easy it is to navigate the VA, right?    

My husband works for the NYS Department of Labor as a veterans rep, so basically he helps veterans find employment.  He helps them with job searches, resume drafting, interview prep, etc. and he also helps them accessing their GI bill benefits.  And he's pretty damn good at it, too.  LOL

robinreinhardt
on 11/11/15 10:57 am

Peachpie,

Glad you're off today and going shopping. My favorite thing is retail therapy. Have fun.

Robin

Deanna798
on 11/11/15 6:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning everyone. Happy Veterans Day! My husband is a Navy vet, he served on the USS Carl Vinson back in the late 90's and early 2000's. He was on board when 9/11 happened and his was the first carrier to respond when the bombing started in Afghanistan. He was a Nuclear reactor operator, and he downplays his role because he never actually saw combat, though he is considered a combat veteran.

My grandfather, who passed way in 2011, was a WWII vet. He was in Germany at the end of the war, and rarely spoke about his experiences. I once asked him what it was like, and he told me he was there when they found the concentration camps. He didn't give a lot of description, but he was only 19 years old in 1945, and I can't imagine having to see that type of atrocity at such a young age. He's buried at the Great Lakes National Cemetary in Holly, MI. I miss him very much.

I am very grateful to my husband and grandfather, and to all of the vets who have sacrified to make sure we have a better world to live in. I have a lot of veterans in my family.  

I'm sad because I left the chicken sausage I meant to have for lunch sitting on the counter in a baggie. Poor TJ's Spinach, Fontina & Roasted garlic sausage will be ruined when I get home. Good thing is that I overpacked lunch for the day, so I'll just add some shrimp instead and be all set. here is my plan for the day:

B: Light n Fit Caramel Apple Pie yogurt. This stuff never gets old. 1/2 Premier Protein chocolate with my coffee

L: Spinach salad with veggies and shrimp. Light vinegarette dressing

D: TJ's Sweet italian chicken sausage with sauteed veggies and a small 1oz serving of brown rice.

S: light and fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt, the other half of my premeir protein with coffee

Totals:

Cal 699 Protein 87 carb 48 fat 17

//

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 153 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?