What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 10:57 am

Sorry to hear about your mother. Glad you are back on track today. Stress can really throw a monkey wrench into our lives.

Take care of yourself.

lcraver
on 11/4/15 8:45 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Hi, all! I have tried to eat oatmeal since surgery and it just does not sit well. I guess that's okay because it is so carby but still I like oatmeal once in a while. I can tolerate grits for some reason... so if I hanker for hot cereal, I make myself some cheese grits.... real grits, not instant.

Well, yesterday I went to a wound clinic on the recommendation from my GP for the lymphedema that I have in my abdomen. With the weight loss, my abdomen looks like it has a huge soccer ball/basketball size lump on the right side... not very attractive and kind of depressing with doing exercising and clothes. At the last baratric appt, they did not seem too concerned about it and it was just an attitude of you are just going to have to deal with it until you are at your target weight. And, no target weight was given... lol... my last appt there was not good all the way around. But, yesterday's appt was better... the wound doctor (who specializes in lymphedema thinks it is time to consider taking it off and referred me to a plastic surgeon!!! Yay! I know this is going to not happen overnight but at least the process is starting. I also have a follow up appt with my NUT today... I am not really thrilled to be going... I don't know why. LOL

My Menu today:

B: chocolate premier protein shake and tea with truvia

L: 2 1/2 of roast beef and a little gravy and 1/4 cup of green beans

D: 3 oz of shrimp sauteed in a little butter and teriyaki sauce with about 1/4 cup of roasted zuchinni (yum!)

Ss: Protein pumpkin bread (reentered my ingredients in MyFitnessPal recipe function and found that I was counting way too many carbs.... thank God) and 1/2 Serving of Jack Links Jumbo Beef steak stick.

Calories - 839, Protein - 82, Carbs - 46, Fats - 33, Sugars - 22.

Vitamins: going in. Exercise: I dont want to talk about it!

Everyone have a great day!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

stacyrg
on 11/4/15 9:13 am
VSG on 05/12/14
On November 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM Pacific Time, AngryViking wrote:

Hi all! I'm going to try and throw this up before my trainee person rolls herself over. LOL

Time since surgery: 15 1/2 months

B: coffee, baked banana oatmeal and 1 TB peanut butter. Yes, I realize this is a carb and calorie bomb, but I made it last night for my husband/son to have this morning and it smelled so good. It also means that my AM snack is a no-go. I hope this keeps me full until lunch time.

S: nada

L: Buffalo chicken salad on 34 degree rosemary crackers and a cheese stick

D: tuna salad made with olive oil mayo, celery and capers (mmmm...capers) and some salt and pepper pork rinds

TOTALS: Cals: 924 Protein: 84 Carbs: 71 Fat: 33

Have a great day!

Baked banana oatmeal sounds delish! I'd sacrifice a low carb day for that!

AngryViking
on 11/4/15 9:27 am
RNY on 07/17/14

It actually didn't turn out to be so bad carb-wise since I only ate half of it! I'd definitely make this again; maybe add some vanilla protein powder for a macro boost.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 4:50 pm - Canada
stacyrg
on 11/4/15 9:40 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I eat oatmeal on mornings where I'm going to do a long run. I've been eating overnight oats, but the baked oatmeal sounds amazing and I could have some of that with some greek yogurt instead. So, if you don't mind, can you post the recipe for the banana oatmeal, please?

I did really well with the Halloween candy and didn't have any (really because I have a Dr. appt. next week and I want to try and eat as clean as possible). But, I've been soooo hungry the past few days. Maybe because of the change in the weather? I don't know, but I'm trying to reign it in. Posting my menu in the hopes that it will keep me honest.

B: Ground turkey, spinach and jack cheese

S: Somersaults and grapes

L. Leftover new York strip steak and tomato, avocado, cucumber and feta salad

S: Light and Fit and PB (although I may substitute with a peppermint mocha)

D: Grilled Salmon

Totals: Cal. 1,129 PRotein: 101g; Fat: 51g; Carbs 62g

AngryViking
on 11/4/15 10:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

It's this one:

Baked Banana Oatmeal

I can't access the site itself from work, so I have to post the link instead. LOL

I added a TB of cinnamon to the dry ingredients and a little brown sugar (maybe 1 1/2 TB?) to the mix instead of adding it at the end. It makes 4 HUGE servings, which my husband and son had no problems finishing.

Deanna798
on 11/4/15 10:29 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Omg, I'm going to have to make this. Wonder how the brown sugar splenda would be mixed in?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 10:59 am

I bet you could add protein powder to this to up the protein in it.

Capogirl
on 11/4/15 9:41 am

Good afternoon,

Finally have a few minutes while scarfing down my lunch. Work is crazy lately. I was horrible with the candy on Halloween, we only had one trick or treater, thank goodness we only bought two bags of candy. I had to hide the candy from myself. Chocolate is my biggest downfall.

Spent a fair amount of time at dr's yesterday with my daughter, she has a mild concussion thanks to an errant volleyball in gym class. She is back in school today, but no homework or testing allowed this week. Of course all work must be made up by the 2th as the trimester ends. Also, no TV, computer, cell phone or video games for the rest of the week. It's not going to be pretty at my house for the next week and a half. Calgon, take me away!

Time since surgery: 6 + months

B: 1 Slice whole wheat toast w/1 tsp organic peanut butter

L: Mixed greens, ham, cheese, homemade vinaigrette

D: turkey burger, cheese, ketchup, steamed carrots

S: Mary's gone crackers & babybel

Calories: 829 Protein: 49 Carbs:54 Fat: 48

Uh, oh, low on the protein, will have to add something.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 166 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?