What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 10/21/15 9:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Kristin and all! How awesome that you're having a fierce day! Fall clothes do that to me - something about a sweater and boots makes me feel fabulous. Granted, my arms are still wrapped up like a mummy in ace bandages ****il tomorrow when I get compression sleeves HALLELUJAH!) so I am not feeling sexy or fierce, but in a few days that should be remedied!

My protein is low today but I am trying. I ate like hell yesterday - it was like I was a bottomless pit. I gathered up anything in my house that I may graze on, and gave it away to a guy I know two streets over who runs a "seafood" take-away restaurant and knows everyone within a mile radius - I told him if he knows people who can use the food, give it to them.

I hate not being able to exercise since my arm lift so I am just getting 10,000 steps in per day since day 2 post-op, walking carefully so as not to rub my arms against my sides and affect my incisions. My incisions seem wider than my LBL incisions so I am curious what my surgeon will say when I see him tomorrow. I feel good though, and I have great range of motion - I can wash my hair, put it in a clip, get dressed, etc. I am not reaching or lifting (per his instructions) but I think I am healing well. Fingers crossed.

Time since surgery: 22.5 months

B: Coffee with half and half, one hard boiled egg, 1.5 oz havarti cheese, some little red peppers from the olive bar

L: Mediterranean tuna salad (tuna fish, olives, roasted red peppers, red onion, kalamata olives), cucumber salad (finely diced kirby cakes with light mayo and light sour cream and red wine vinegar and garlic powder

S: Mango with salt and lime and hot sauce

D: Whole Foods lemon and thyme salmon pattie, rest of cucumber salad

I am sure I will need some more food since this is about 1,000 calories, 50 g protein, 38 g carbs...snacks TBD I suppose.

E: I will walk 4 miles, slowly and carefully

Have a great day, everyone!

Capogirl
on 10/21/15 9:30 am
peachpie
on 10/21/15 9:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Time since surgery almost six months

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs w/ cheese and Virginia ham

snack: vanilla yogurt and granola

Lunch: Curry Chicken over salad

Snack: banana

Dinner: chicken wings, baked, with veggies

I totally feel you on the smokin' hot vs. jabba days. I'm having an in-between day today. But my make-up is fierce...I swear i think I missed a calling. I should have been a make-up artist. I get the most consistent compliments on my make-up for a long time now.

Capogirl
on 10/21/15 10:09 am

My week from hell continues. Not a minute to myself, day or night.

Yesterday was chiropractor, this morning bloodwork, tonight PT, tomorrow college planning seminar, not to mention this is dd's last week of field hockey and she has 4 games and a team dinner tomorrow night before the early college planning seminar which the students go to as well as reps from Harvard, BU, UMass and a local community college will be there to talk to them about the admission requirements.

On top of that i have to work at the Truck or Treat fundraiser on Saturday and I have a 60th birthday party saturday night.

And my favorite of all is on Sunday my PCP has requested that I do a 24 hour urine test between Sunday and Monday mornings and bring that back on Monday. UGH!!!!

Time since surgery: 6 months yesterday (OMG I didn't even think about it)

B: Premier Protein Shake

L: Ham, Cheese & 1/2 pita

D: Shaved steak, peppers & onions

S: Grapes, L&F Banana Cream Greek Yogurt

It's in MFP, but I lost my printout and no time left to post anymore.

Will read the rest of your comments tonight when I finally have a minute.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 340 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 152 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?