What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 10/21/15 5:22 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Wednesday morning all! Did you ever have those days when you feel pretty good? That sounds weird, but you guys...I'm having a "skinny" day today. I feel good and truth be told, I look fierce. LMAO I guess I need a day like today to balance out the days when I feel like Jabba.

So, yesterday my husband offered to go grocery shopping. I always do the shopping. ALWAYS. I know what I like to buy, I know what everyone eats, etc. So, with much trepidation I gave him a very detailed list, including brand names, sizes and even the location in the store where he could find certain things. And you know what? Aside from the yogurt and string cheese, he pretty much got exactly what I told him not to. LOLOL And he bought like the industrial sizes, too. So I have 12 rolls of crappy paper towels, a box of 100 Walmart brand Swiffers and a 28 lb. bag of dog food my dog has never eaten before. WTF, Matt? I'm never letting him do that again.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: coffee, Caramel Apple pie Greek yogurt and one Honey Bunches of Oats breakfast biscuit

S: Fiber One caramel nut protein bar and a cheese stick

L: Buffalo chicken salad, 34 degree rosemary crackers and since it's Chinese Day here (as in the office always orders in Chinese on Wednesdays) I'm going to get me some egg drop soup. Yum.

D: I don't know about the guys, but I'm having ham and cheese rollups and a HB egg. Because not only did Matt get a lot of crap, he also didn't get any actual food with which to make meals.

TOTALS: Cals: 892 Protein: 93 Carbs: 57 Fat: 34

Have a great day!!

Deanna798
on 10/21/15 5:31 am
RNY on 08/04/15

AV, my husband and I shop together every weekend. It's our thing, we sit and plan all the dinners for a week, and make a shopping list together. then we pack up the two year old and go shopping. It's our little family excursion, and it's a nice way to put focus on healthy food. Plus, we keep each other in check when we want to buy the junk food.

Well, I screwed the pooch last night (figuratively, of course). I am so weak. I got home from work and was setting up to cook our dinner of turkey burgers, when my hubby and I were discussing what to make with the burgers, when my oldest came in and asked if we could order pizza. There is a pizza place nearby that has a huge menu, and I've ordered a few things from them post op that have been decent calorie wise. My hubby and oldest split a pizza and I ordered a seafood dinner for the baby and I. I knew it would be battered fish and shrimp, my intention was to pick off the batter... yeah right! the only good thing that came out of it is that I felt miserably sick from eating half a piece of battered cod, 3 breaded shrimp and 2 french fries. I have got to get better at making spur of the moment decisions. At least I didn't eat the cake in the breakroom yestrday.

Luckily, I found a therapist that takes my insurance and I have an appointment with her today at 4pm. I haven't been to therapy in 14 years and I have a lot of **** to deal with from my childhood. This whole process will be very painful, but I know that if I don't address things, I'm just setting myself up to fail. I'm hoping I get lucky and click with this therapist. I'm really trying to keep an open mind before I go in.

Okay, we're going to try to reset today. I know that overall what I had yesterday wasn't horrible, my tool worked by making me feel sick for making the bad choice, but I know that one day my pouch isn't going to be as restricted and my tool will not work as well. I just have to stop beating myself up, and stop making bad choices. blah.

Food today:

B: Strawberry Triple Zero yogurt and coffee with cream and splenda

L: chicken salad with Wasa Lite Rye Crisps

D: Turkey Burger with cheese and steamed cauliflower (for real, I'm going to eat it this time)

S: P3 turkey, almonds and cheese. giardiniera and sharp cheddar cheese

Totals:

Cal 771 protein 74 carbs 39 fat 34

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/15 5:39 am

I haven't posted in a while. Just have been busy with life and crap. My son got a job in Jersey so he is moving back home. Which I know I am excited for. Nervous since I am used to having the house to myself.

B:Since my fridge is broken I am having hot cocoa and a yogurt

L:Chinese food

D:Salad with steak

Vitamins are in. Water is going down.

Have a good day.

AnnyBananny
on 10/21/15 5:43 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh no! What happened to your fridge?!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 10/21/15 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Missed you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 10/21/15 5:42 am, edited 10/20/15 11:01 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ahahaha! Husbands! Says the girl who doesn't have one... I used to hate grocery shopping and would have loved to send someone, anyone to do it for me - now I like it a lot more and will happily go to the grocery store anytime - though that can sometimes be dangerous as I end up with impulse buys.

Things continue to be fine with the BP today, though who knows if it's leveled off or if it's because I'm taking the beta-blocker. Either way, I'm glad I'm not headed to the ER.

Today included a 7:30am breakfast meeting with a guy running for local office - ugh. Why do people want to meet so freaking early in the morning. To make things more annoying I also have a 5:15pm meeting. WHY can't I just have meetings during the regular work day, damnit?! Oh right, because all these meetings are with VOLUNTEERS who have their own jobs...

***** and moan, ***** and moan. Sorry!

Time since surgery: 19 months

B: a little coffee with creamer, a dish of greek yogurt with granola at the diner, a Granola thin with my beta-blocker as it's all I had in my bag for some reason and I needed a little something to eat with the med

L: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: turkey sticks, Babybel

D: TJ's chicken sausage (how would I survive without TJ's meats?!)

S: Omega Trek Mix, Chobani tube

TOTALS: Calories 1067, Protein 84, Carbs 78, Fat 50

V/W: started

E: I'm still taking it easy because I AM paranoid about the BP - but I'm going to do some yoga tonight on one of my apps

mamata2
on 10/21/15 5:58 am

You always remind me I NEED to go to TJ's. I just wi**** were in a more convenient place!

Way to keep the BP down, I hope yoga helps too!

Queen JB
on 10/21/15 5:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hear you on the "skinny day" feeling :) Last week I was feeling like I looked great and I actually had the nerve to wear workout gear to the grocery store. Leggings, a tight workout shirt with a sports bra under...the whole thing. And wouldn't you know it, I ran into a college friend who I have not seen or heard from in 20 years! I had no idea she even lived in this state, let alone the same town! Suddenly, I no longer felt too "skinny" in my little outfit. I wanted to hide behind a display rack. Ugh!

Back on track with exercise yesterday, though, and I feel so much better. Got to keep it up today!

B: Unjury protein shake

S: Mary's Gone crackers with laughing cow wedge and turkey slices

L: Lettuce with red onion, rosemary chicken, and feta cheese

D: not sure...ironically, it's the nights that I have support group that really throw off my meal planning!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sarah M.
on 10/21/15 5:52 am

I'm pretty lucky--my husband does the grocery shopping and cooking. He complains everytime I go with him because I'm a "ohh we should try this" shopper and the bill ends up significantly more than he planned on.

In a mini rant for today I would like to propose that it is ridiculous that breasts shrink much faster than stomaches when both are full of fat. I do not like that it took 6 months to finally get in a good ratio of boob/belly and then BAM boobs shrink again. I guess its a good motivation to keep on going!

B-mini sausage biscuit

S-bananna and pb

L-?

S-strawberries in SF pudding

D-****tail weenies in my mom's awesome sauce

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

AnnyBananny
on 10/21/15 5:55 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously! I miss my boobs!

Most Active