Small NSV(and my first post)

blissfully24
on 8/23/15 2:51 pm - Cary, NC

So, I went to wal-mart to grab a couple things for dinner...and I walked by the candy aisle. Candy, cakes, cookies, breads and potatoes were my downfall pre-op(I am 6 weeks out). I looked for a moment...and then walked on by. I picked up a premier protein mint chocolate protein bar instead. I am proud of me! So far I have lost about 65 pounds since 1 week before my surgery..and I keep on working! Happy to be here, and happy to meet you all.

Felicity Q.
on 8/23/15 3:57 pm
DS on 09/28/15

It feels SO GOOD, doesn't it??  My DH and I have made it TWO trips through Sam's Club since vowing to eat healthy.  We love walking down every isle of the store together, and when we got to the candy/snacks isle, we still walked through it, enjoyed the smell of the chocolate, then kept walking. We squeezed each other's hand tightly afterwards as we celebrated our own small victory over what is a weakness and trigger food for both of us.  Now, we have no temptation in the house because we avoided the temptation at the store!

Awesome NSV! And welcome to the site! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

blissfully24
on 8/23/15 4:00 pm - Cary, NC

It felt great!!! I also noticed I have started feeding my kids healthier options...and so far I truly don't miss the foods that were killing me. Not having high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes has been worth ANY trade off food I would have had before!

Lisa09
on 8/24/15 4:45 pm - NH

YAY for a fabulous NSV!!  Just wondering...did you have hbp and diabetes before surgery? Are they gone already?  (I'm pre-surgery btw).

Thanks

blissfully24
on 8/24/15 4:48 pm - Cary, NC

Yes I did! I actually was told by my surgeon(whom I adore)not to take any of my diabetic meds, or my hbp meds. I check them both periodically just to make sure, and they both are amazing...I think the highest I have went after a meal is 130.

Karen R.
on 8/24/15 4:08 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Keep strong!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/15 5:23 am

Congratulations. 

Capogirl
on 8/24/15 6:00 am

Way to go!

Most Active
Recent Topics