Feeling Blessed

Rjoy
on 8/21/15 1:31 pm

Today I was at our local clinic as I had to bring my 6yo granddaughter in to treat an injury.  While I was there I mentioned to the nurse that I hadn't seen my current Dr. since I've had my bariatric surgery.  The nurse asked if I would like to see him and I said yes if he's not busy.  He came in and was so happy to see my progress.  Since I first met with him to now, I've lost 81 lbs.  When I spoke with him initially I asked him about WLS and he seemed hesitant to refer me to a bariatric Dr. but he did, and today he just kept smiling at me. I thanked him for referring me and getting me started on this wonderful journey.  Truly a blessing.  Have a great weekend everyone!   

Butterfly-Kisses
on 8/21/15 1:44 pm - Canada

How nice of you to show your Dr. Your progress.  You doing fantastic!  As we help educate some Drs. I think there would be more referrals for this WLS.

Rjoy
on 8/21/15 2:49 pm

When I first met with him, I was scared to even ask about the surgery but I did.  He told me that a lot of bariatric patients regain the weight, so I told him that the ones that I knew of that were local looked great and didn't seem to be regaining.  So reluctantly he referred me and I went forward.  Today he seemed really happily surprised to see my progress.  Yes hopefully now he will refer more patients that request it without making them feel bad, the way he did to me, initially.  Thank you Butterfly-Kisses!  :) 

Pokemom
on 8/21/15 2:59 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I love this story. Thank you.

karenp8
on 8/22/15 8:34 am - Brighton, IL

What a great story! My rheumatologist was the one that referred me at my request. He was reluctant too but at 272 pounds he knew my RA was worse than it needed to be because of my weight. I went from272 to 118 where I have been for over two years. Every time I see him he asks me questions about the surgery,the recovery and life after RNY. He has since referred 6 other patients for surgery. This is part of my motivation for maintenance-- to be one of those people who DOES keep their weight off,and it helps me make good choices everyone day!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/22/15 12:50 pm

Isnt it great how happy they are when you are finally able to give them some GOOD news!

You probably made his week.

Think about it...all they see is sick people..often the sick people just get sicker. But YOU are turning the ship around. And that must really makes his day.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Cassandra B.
on 8/23/15 12:46 pm - Alexandria, VA

Good for you.  I'm glad you got a chance to see your dr.  It's very important to see your dr at least once a year after WLS.

Glad it all worked out for you.

You are truly blessed, and will continue to be.

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Most Active
Recent Topics