Barker Bariatric Center in Dallas

mwoods1234
on 8/19/15 3:52 pm

Does anyone have experience with Barker Bariatric Clinic in Dallas, Texas? Dr Barker, Dr Hodges or Dr Brewer?  Just curious what your experience was with this office and or these Dr's

Felicity Q.
on 8/19/15 4:43 pm
DS on 09/28/15

I am working with Barker for my RNY. So far I have gone in for a consultation and nutrition appointments.  They have several locations in Texas, and travel to them as a team (from what I have gathered). I have gone to their Lubbock, TX office for my consult/NUT and I absolutely LOVE their staff. I met with Dr. Brewer for my consult and he was very clear and direct, and very clearly experienced. I have also been in constant contact with Ceilli, the pre-authorization contact. She is incredible at making sure the long checklist is completed before things are submitted to insurance.

Now, I haven't had my actual surgery yet (will find out from insurance tomorrow if I am approved) but so far the experience is a very positive one. They were recommended to me by my husband's boss who had a revision surgery with them 2 years ago.  Hope this helps!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

cc583
on 8/19/15 5:21 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Felicity!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

mwoods1234
on 8/19/15 6:54 pm

Thank you for sharing Felicity. I am actually going to see Dr Brewer tomorrow for the second time. I just started to get a stressed feeling that maybe I need to seek a 2nd opinion just for the sake of my own sanity. I am waiting to hear if I am approve by my insurance as well. The only thing I would have left to do is a stress test in order to have surgery. I am so far into the process now I don't know if it's just normal fears making me question my choices. Don't get me wrong I liked Dr Brewer and felt fine with our meeting. I just didn't ask tons of questions because I wasn't sure what to ask. Tomorrow I have a list and fully intend to ask them all. lol  

Michelle

Felicity Q.
on 8/19/15 9:58 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Nice, Michelle! Let us know how it went! I found it helpful to write down all of my questions so I can remember to ask. If I forget, the community here helps immensely!  Adding you as a friend too, maybe we can be Barker Buddies :)

mwoods1234
on 8/20/15 7:00 pm

Just figured out how to add you as a friend.  I had my meeting today my EGD came back fine. I was a little annoyed that my visit started at 1230 and I waited a full hour in the room before Dr Brewer came in. But I guess they are busy I know Dr Hodges is still on maternity leave. I found out today I am approved for surgery, my pre surgery consult is at 8 am next Thursday and then I am scheduled for surgery on September 28th. I hope I don't chicken out before then...lol     Will you be having your surgery up in Lubbock or in Dallas? Hopefully you'll hear good news from your insurance soon.

Michelle

Felicity Q.
on 8/20/15 12:57 pm, edited 8/20/15 12:57 pm
DS on 09/28/15

We have the same surgery date! I'll be in Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas too - we're not only surgery buddies, but we'll both be recovering in the same wing! That's so exciting!

mwoods1234
on 8/22/15 8:05 am

How funny!! Such a small world! Is Dr Brewer doing your surgery too?

Felicity Q.
on 8/22/15 1:11 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Yes, Dr. Brewer.  My 2nd consult is on Sept 4th and I start my liquids on Sept 21st. Since we're out of town, it will be 2 nights at the hospital, so we 'check out' on Wednesday morning if everything goes well. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics