What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 8/18/15 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

I didn't have much butt heavy and now I have none. I have to cinch my belt tight to keep up my pants! My funniest nsv was when I first saw my collarbones. I thought something was wrong with me because I had never seen them before. Post op almost 3 years(doesn't seem possible!) weight at 116.8 pounds today. Walked three miles with Lily at the park already today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Today is my youngest son's first day at his new job as the horticulture technician at Smith-Gilbert Gardens in Kennesaw Georgia. Hope he is having fun and meeting new people! Here's the food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and 6 grapes B 1 turkey hotdog and sliced fresh tomato D 31/2 oz shrimp and 1/2 c green beans from the garden S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of amazing choices!

Navychic
on 8/18/15 6:45 am
RNY on 02/09/15

My butt...I have a double butt now caused by undies, its one of the saggiest areas I have, and since I like to wear fitted pants... Im actually considering a thong for the first time ever...lol . The hubby would probably have a stroke...lol.

So I just had a huge NSV today.  My surgeons office just called and asked me to do some publicity for them due to my success due largely in part to OBH- Go fellow RNY'ers!!!.  Don't know the details or what  it involves but its pretty darn exciting !.

B-Protein Coffee

S-Cheese curds

L- HB Egg

S2 Kind Bar

D-Tilapia & Green Beans

Water, water everywhere

MDPatch-Vits

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/15 7:19 am

One of my favorite NSVs was getting in my husbands truck and having to move the seat up closer to the steering wheel. 

B:Egg whites with turkey sausage

S:Cheese stick

L:Filet with black bean salad. It is the salad that is on the home page for OH. I used olive oil and lime instead of the whole bottle of dressing. 

D:Hamburger with black bean salad

S:Yogurt with some strawberries

mamata2
on 8/18/15 7:29 am

Funniest NSV lately:  The last triathlon I was at I was wearing a new trisuit (Think lots of spandex) and I was complaining to my friend that I didn't care for this one because my rolls of skin show.  The woman next to us (who I didn't know was listening) pipes up "Be quiet you skinny minnie!"  I did a double take, I didn't think she was talking to me.  I don't think I have been called that EVER!

AV, if you decide to get your rings resized wait for as long as possible.  I wore fake CZ stuff until I thought I was done lossing weight and then had my wedding ring resized.  I wish I had waited longer because mine is slipping and sliding again (yay and boo).

Time since surgery: 13 months

B: 4 slices deli pepperoni

S: Coffee and cream and 12 almond M&Ms (horrible I know)

L: Innirds of a bagel sandwich (ok, maybe half the bagel)

S: Mixed nuts

D: Egg with velvetta slice (thanks AV) and a bit of ketchup

Post workout: Protein smoothie

S: Mini Lindt bar

W/V: Started

E: 40 min speed work 

Totals: Too busy at work for totals..

Navychic
on 8/18/15 8:34 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Oh my gosh, I just saw your new icon pic, wow!!! Your arms are AMAZING!  You go girl!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Sarah M.
on 8/18/15 7:32 am

All the funny NSVs I first thought of are already mentioned! I join you all in the no butt, too big underwear, and loose hand skin state of things. I got all nervous and concerned when I felt something on my back about a week ago. Turns out I have ribs. =)

B-mini sausage

S-fiber wafer

L-?

S-pepperoni/cream cheese

D-baked chicken and mixed veggies 

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

Emiepie
on 8/18/15 7:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! What a great NSV, music to your ears. I actually "have" to get new weddings rings at some point because they cannot be sized smaller (due to diamonds on the sides) so for now I have one of the gold bar things that you can attach to the ring because it had fallen off a few times when I was drying my hands.  

So I wanted to try an "experiment" and purchased some internal deodorant (I know TMI!!)...called chlorofresh....well my system did NOT like it all. I guess it was worth a shot. In other news, the trader joes mahi mahi burger was fantastic last night-totally recommend it!

My most random NSV is painting my own toenails!

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: SF latte, egg beaters with broccoli and cheese, fruit (dried figs, apple slices, and grapes)

S: Pistachio thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: Copy cat panera strawerry poppyseed salad, carrot sticks, and blueberry ricotta bake

S: L&F Greek blueberry yogurt with 1/2 a banana mixed in, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Grilled mahi mahi burger, broccoli and melted cheese, and arctic zero cookie shake

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1195 Protein:93 Carbs:145 Fat:28

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Felicity Q.
on 8/18/15 7:44 am
DS on 09/28/15

Surgery Status: Still Pending. Hearing back any moment now I hope!

B: Chocolate Protein Powder, 1 tbsp PB2, ¾c Unsweetened Soy Milk

S: Babybel Light String Cheese

L: Leftover Cauliflower/Sausage-Stuffed Bell Peppers

D: Chili Verde (I've been putting off making this for too long - today is the day!)

TOTALS:  Calories:  889   |  Carbs:  26  |  Fat:  51 |  Protein:  84  |  Fiber: 9 | Sugar:  10

I need to get back on track with Water. I had been doing well all month, then just not had the desire these last 2 days! My goal was to meet at least 72oz daily at least 25 days this month… if I slack now I won’t make it!

My NSV list is pretty short, mood isn't very good today either or maybe I could think of something.

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/15 7:54 am

I have to say one of the funniest NSVs was when a very nice guy said to me Susan when is the rest of you coming into the place. If it was someone else I would have been pissed. 

Dcgirl
on 8/18/15 7:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone,

These are awesome NSVs!  I can relate to all of them.  But ladies, BUY NEW BRAS!  Our boobs get saggy enough, and having a good bra can do wonders for how you look and feel.  Just my two cents :)  I get great ones at Nordstrom Rack.  I also had a saggy ass until my lower body lift and now my ass might be my favorite part of my body ha ha.

My most random NSV is when someone referred to another woman at the gym and how much she could lift and said "she is tiny, like you".  I almost fell on the floor.  Now mind you, I am in a size 8 and not tiny, but the fact that a man said this, I nearly died.  Makes the daily struggle worth it ha ha.

Time Since Surgery: 20 months

B: Iced coffee with half and half, 2 hard-boiled eggs, 5 green olives, 1/2 ounce of manchego cheese (i was hungry after the elliptical)

L: 2 AmyLu chicken sausage from Costco

S: Leftover chinese chicken

S2: 1 oz. Port salut cheese with pita chips

D: TBD

Totals are 1,200 calories, 74 protein, 72 carbs.  Not sure what dinner will be

I got an hour in on the elliptical and woooo was I sweating.  It's hot and humid in DC.  I can't wait for Fall so I can rock my daily leggings/sweater/tall boots again :)

Have a great day, all!

Most Active
Recent Topics