Anyone willing to look at my diet to see if needs improving?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/20/15 8:36 pm

We all have different bodies and metabolisms, yet we are all human and our physiology is the same.

The first six months, especially, you could eat all kinds of things and still lose weight. At three weeks post op, you're going to lose weight quite easily.

Stalls sometimes happen, and sometimes they happen because we are eating too much. Weight loss is not an orderly downward progression; if graphed it would look a bit like stair steps.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

hollykim
on 8/21/15 3:58 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

The way it was explained to me, which makes sense, is that if you have a stall - meaning no loss for at least 2 weeks, to add an extra hundred calories to help your metabolism adjust. It's a possibility that your body had gone into survival mode, and giving it just a small bit of extra to restart it works. It makes sense to me, and obviously I haven't had to deal with it yet. 

Everyone's body is different, and increasing from 650 calories to 750 calories isn't going to make you stay gaining weight. I'm at 650 to 700 calories now at 3 weeks post op and I'm still having significant weight loss. 

People can disagree, we all have different bodies and metabolisms, abs something that works for one person might not work for someone else. 

bodies won't go. Into survival. Mode as long as there is stored fat to burn. ThaT IS what our bodies stored all that fat from our overeating for...a famine. 

Adding extra calories your body doesn't need just encourages the body to store even MORE.

i wouldn't rely so heavily on this nut if I wanted to lose to goal,personally.

White Dove
on 8/20/15 7:28 pm - Warren, OH

The starvation mode is something that was dreamed up by personal trainers.  They wanted to keep their well-paying clients happy.

So when the clients had no weight loss they told them that they needed to eat more.  The clients loved that and gave bigger tips.

After a while some people wise up and realize that the extra calories are not causing weight loss.

There is no starvation mode.  Read history.  People in famines and concentration camps never went into starvation mode.  They kept losing weight until all of their body fat was gone and they were skin covered skeletons.  Adding extra calories does not cause weight loss. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 8/21/15 9:01 am, edited 8/21/15 9:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Totally  true and those same trainers want to keep their clients gaining,instead of losing don't they? Why wouldn't they? That is their bread and butter.

Most Active
Recent Topics