Loss of Energy

ChadShaft
on 8/20/15 5:34 am

Hello,

I had bypass back in November of 2014, my follow up bloodwork showed I was low in vitamin D, so I added another supplement. I hadn't felt any different, but lately I feel run down and my joints actually hurt. Getting out of bed in the morning is a chore, no matter how much I sleep. I think I might be vitamin deficient, but I currently don't have health coverage, so I really don't know.

Has anyone else had this? Just trying to get an idea of what it might be.

Thanks,

Chad

Sarahakers11
on 8/20/15 5:49 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

couple things... Listen to your doctor and Nut not me..lol so take this all for what it is..ideas from someone who is basing it on her own personal journey!

if you have had more then one blood draw start comparing and see if anything was trending down..just cause its a normal range doesn't mean its not going down.

If your exercise has increased you may need more calories

are you getting enough protein and enough water

Im guess by your picture and your name your not having PMS but men have hormone fluctions as well especially after/during weight loss so it may just be that.

Honor your body and give it rest as much as possible (meaning instead of running 3 miles maybe walk 3-4 instead) be gentle with yourself.

Have you had any life stress..it could be mental exhaustion

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

ChadShaft
on 8/20/15 5:55 am

It has been a stressful month, I never really considered that. I've never had stress make me feel like this, but I've also never been this stressed in this new body.

Sarahakers11
on 8/20/15 5:58 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Yeah it does that to me now..maybe it always did but in the old body I assumed it was my weight and what not.  Also when I use to be stressed I would eat..now when I'm stressed..i'm just stressed! Maybe try increasing activity and see if it works the stress out..or meditating or finding a good book.  I recently read the 4 agreements and it was really good for me. Also the peaceful warrior

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

iloveravens
on 8/20/15 5:58 am
RNY on 08/13/14

It really could be a number of things, iron, B12, D, dehydration??   You should get your labs done.  When was the last time you had blood work done?  I see an endocrinologist regularly to keep on top of mine.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

The Salty Hag
on 8/20/15 6:11 am
RNY on 05/20/13

How is your B12 level? How often have your labs been done? My first year out, I had them done every three months. I was able to catch my ferritin and D levels getting too low before they completely tanked.

Even if you had blood drawn at 6 months out, I'd err on the side of caution and get labs done again and take note of any down trends.

And make sure your surgeon or pcp are drawing all the labs you need. You can use the search function to find a complete list if labs needed.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

ChadShaft
on 8/20/15 6:13 am

I'm way overdue, should have been done in February, unfortunately a job change has left me without benefits.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 7:40 am

I would ask if you can pay in monthly payments. You life is more important. I have felt sluggish and I am not sure if it is from stress or vitamins.  You have to take care of yourself. You didn't have this surgery to get sick. 

Maria27
on 8/20/15 7:45 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Are you taking B-12 that melts under your tounge? You are describing how I felt before I starting taking sublingual b-12. I took 2500 mg a day for a week to catch up and then dropped to 1250 a day. I am feeling so much better now. Extra b-12 doesn't hurt, so you can always give it a try to see if it makes a difference for you. I could tell because i would feel great shortly after taking it. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

lynnc99
on 8/20/15 7:57 am

The B vitamins come to mind, as does iron. If you are anemic, one symptom is fatigue.

Most Active
Recent Topics