Fruit

killinmesmalls77
on 8/18/15 11:37 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

I just had my three month check-up last week and my doctor told me to start incorporating one serving of fruit into my daily meal plan. I told her I was worried about the sugar being a trigger for me, but she said if I have it with a meal, I should be okay.  

Fruit wasn't on my plan that early on, so check with your doctor as to when it would be okay for you. 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

miss_moneypenny
on 9/4/15 12:49 pm

Thanks for all the input. I have always been a big fresh fruit and veggie eater since I was a kid so those are items I feel like I'm "missing", giving up the processed sugar and breads etc has been pretty "easy" but definitely jonesing for a nectarine or some watermelon.  I'm now at the phase where I can have unsweetened applesauce, which is so so as it's never been high on my list and it isn't filling my craving for some fresh fruit.  And I know and completely agree about adding a bunch of things to a protein "shake" turns it into a calorie fest and usually a dessert not a meal.

BWB
on 9/4/15 2:40 pm

There is a time that your nut. will tell you you can add fresh whole fruit.  Follow their instructions.  I have fresh fruit for the fiber and flavor.  I do like it with yogurt so that is a small amount.  

Most Active
Recent Topics